October 23, 2014 | 1707 users online

Masks - TonyMoly - Tomatox Brightening Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rash! Rash! Rash! Hive!

I had horrible allergic reaction with this mask. Rash and hive broke out all over my face and down on my neck about 3 min after I put it on? I never had anything like this happened to me with cosmetic before and it scared the heck out of me. Good thing my brother in law is a dr otherwise my husband would drag my sorry behind to emergency room :( I really wanted this one to work but unfortunately it didn't. Be careful with this mask ladies. I don't know if there's a way you can test to see if you're allergic to it or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Alexpalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

When my sister went to Korea, she braught this for me as a gift beacuse she knows how much im into TonyMoly produts! (And cute packaging in general.. > o > ) Anyways! this stuff is Iike heaven in a tomato! I was actually afraid it would smell like tomatos so when I opened it, I held my breath.. but it didnt!
I cant exactly explain the scent but its very refreshing! I quickly washed my face with water and put it on and it felt great~ I left it on for 20 minutes and when I washed it off my skin felt very soft and it glowed! ^ _ ^
The sad thing is that the glow only lasts a couple hours.. But a nice tip is to put it in the fridge! its even more awesome when its cold!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mask is one of the best face treatments i have ever used! It doesn't smell anything like tomato, but rather like fresh floral parfume. It has active oxygen in it, so it does sting a little, but only at the start when the oxygen is working. It also has some exfoliating particles in it, but so few that you will be lucky to get one or two on your face, they are quite large in size and dissolve while massaging. It says to leave the mask on for 10 minutes but i do for a good 45, and it doesn't dry on your face and flake like clay masks do, but stays kind of moist and sticky. After washing it off my skin is brighter, acne scars are a bit more evened out, blackheads are a lot lighter and skin is not dehydrated like after clay masks. I think it's time to go put some on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used one sample packet and the next morning my whole face was broken out and greasy. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mariatrann

I brought this face mask in Korea town located in a city called Okubo in Japan. It costed me around 7 AUD, so pretty resonable price. The mask comes in a thick white cream, almost like the texture of sunscreen. After washing it off my face, I noticed my face was brighter and clearer. Make sure you use luke warm water to remove any leftover residue since the mask is quite heavy. I only use this mask once every 2 weeks, not often. The packaging is also adorable! but make sure you twist it completely to close it to avoid any spillage, it can get quite messy. It also comes with a spatula, making it hygienic to use :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by roomie97

Tony Moly's tomatox brightening mask was what i bought to make my face brighten and even out my skin tone, but i really don't think it has done anything to my skin... i love the cute looking packaging and all, but it really isn't doing anything for me besides wasting my time. i guess i'm just grateful that it isn't breaking out for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by anjellaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the previous reviews on this product of skin burning, I personally don't experience any stinging sensations at all. Agreeably, it doesn't smell natural though it is a pleasant smell. Yes, it does whiten your face however it is only a temporary effect - lasts about a day or so. I have attempted to vigorously use this product every day for a week and the results are just the same as using it once a week. Even though I could see the results immediately straight after I washed the mask off, I still recommend to use it only when needed because it does run out pretty quickly unfortunately. Overall, the whitening effect does occur but for not a very long period of time, as previously mentioned, I don't experience any stinging or burning sensations. In Australia this product can be bought for about $16 from Morning Glory, that's where I brought mine from. I reckon it's a little too pricey, $12 would probably be a better price but if you're looking for an effective temporary skin whitener then this is definitely the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

Pure genius of an idea. It's marketed as a 'magic whitener' and contains zinc and aluminum. So it basically forms a whitish film on your face, akin to the baby bum zinc ointment. The trick is to massage it in and then gently rinse off and pat (not rub) your face dry. I find it non-irritating and fun but also rather unnecessary unless I want to look like a china doll. I'm already colorless as far as face is concerned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Before this mask came out, an earlier version of it (TonyMoly Tomato Whitening & Brightening Mask) was released. At the time, it was advertised as a WHITENING mask, and there was no mention about it being anti-oxidant. The packaging was almost identical, and the mask is mixed with small red beads. I initially bought it for a friend during my trip to Seoul, and bought one for myself out of curiosity. What impressed me about this mask is how quickly I can see the results. For a while (perhaps around 30-45 minutes) my skin seems fairer than before. However, it's not very long-lasting, and unless you keep using this product (like every 1-2 days), your skin will revert back to its original color (even slightly darker than before).

Now on to the TOMATOX BRIGHTENING MASK...

My sister bought the TOMATOX BRIGHTENING MASK when we were in Taiwan. At the time, I didn't know the two masks were different. After using it for a few weeks though, my sister gave me the TOMATOX mask because it caused a major breakout on her face.

When I opened it, I noticed the beads are white instead of red, meaning this is a different mask from the last one I tried. So I put a small amount on my cheek to test it. Luckily, no breakouts. The mask did make my skin look healthier, but the brightening effect seen in this mask was not as obvious as the last one. Also, the scent did put me off a bit, and it's definitely not for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin.

One upside about this mask is the quantity. If used 2-3 times per week, it should last you for at least 3-4 months (maybe more depending on the amount you use each time). Currently, I use it about 1-2 times per week. While this mask does meet my expectations, the price is too expensive for my budget. There are other Korean skincare products that bring about better results than this product (such as Skinfood, Dr. Jart, Mask House, or Nature Republic), so unless you really love TonyMoly products, I'd say the company missed the mark with this mask (this time).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kyeoulhime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was eyeing this product since Tony Moly's been telling that this is a bestseller. I got a gift certificate from my friend and bought this. I don't use this on my face. I have used this on my elbows and knees.

Don't be fooled by the packaging. It doesn't smell natural at all. I saw a difference in skin color. It lightened my skin. But from what I saw, it only lasts for... a day? SA told me to use it 2-3 times a week for maintenance. Stingy sensation but tolerable. My younger sis use this too on her elbows and knees. I do not recommend this applying on face, I think it would "burn". Worth a try but would not repurchase.