November 26, 2014 | 1745 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Smoothing Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually like the Nutriganics line, but I have to say there is nothing special about this serum. It has the nice scent of the other Nutriganics products, texture is thin and a little watery (which I don't dislike), It's just that I could not see any particular effect on my skin, so overall a disappointment. I will continue with their creams though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

So I too, had a sample, and used it for 2 nights. I would wake in the a.m., my skin so smooth and no more flakiness! The smell reminds me of Kiehls Midnight Recovery Serum, very herbally and flowery kinda. The smell doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that I CAN'T purchase this in California. Why not? Well apparently there are some questionable ingredients in this, and it does not meet the organic labeling standards of CA. I don't know whethor or not to be mad at the body shop for including such crap ingredients or CA for not be able to buy a skincare product. It almost reminds me of the whole soda thing going on in NYC, ban the sale of 32 oz soda? And if we want to destroy our bodies we should...but in essence, these laws are trying to protect us from bodily harm and illness. I don't know what to do. This serum makes my skin look pretty nice....but I guess I'll have to order online-which I don't think they can ship to CA anyway....ahhh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jojonono

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample of this, and tried it for two days, so my review isn't satisfactory
BUT - it DID something
It made my face freshen up, and i liked the consistency, and the scent of the serum. I might buy a full size, to see what else it can do..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for nearly a month. It has a very watery consistency compared to other serums I've used before. It has an odd smell that is tolerable but that I wish didn't exist. After using this product for a month, I've noticed no change in the texture of my skin even though the product promises a smoother complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by almorsy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product. After having tried so many different things for my face, I think I've finally found a fit for me (for now, at least).

I have an incredibly oily face but it feels incredibly dry on my cheek area (to the touch it's soft and a little oily feeling!) and I get breakouts all the time so I tend to be careful with what I use.

My skin has been so tight and dry and the lady at the store recommended I try this or the aloe serum. This serum sinks right into my skin and leave its SO soft. I noticed my skin feels less tight and better moisturized, but I still have that dry feeling so I'm working on different moisturizers and cleansers now.

The smell was a little off-putting - it has this natural, earthy smell and its nice at first, but I liken it to the smell of a pothead's dingy clothing (eek sorry!).

I use it morning and night under my moisturizer as it says to do on the packaging and in just a week I've seen improvements in the moisturized feeling of my cheeks, so I'm incredibly happy about that!

All in all, try this product, it's worth it and if not, you can return it as they are really easy about returns. It works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after having great success with the eye cream of the same line. I have sensitive acne prone skin so using new products especially serums and creams on my face can be risky. I've been using this for almost 2 weeks and my skin loves it!

Price: It is about $23 CAD which is a fairly moderate price. I got mine for half that price during a sale.

Packaging: Comes in a plastic pump and it dispenses the right amount of product. Not as sensitive as some pumps that dispense too much product if you push down even just a little bit.

Overall: I love the smell--it's very natural smelling and disappears a few minutes after apply this on the face.I use this after I moisturize with Murad Perfecting Lotion. Apparently this serum can be used alone as a moisturizer because it is very moisturizing. Apply in an upward circular motion as per what the packaging says. A little goes a long way! No breakouts and no allergic reaction. Skin is left looking smoother and more even, perfect primer before makeup application. In fact, I noticed my concealer never looks cakey and stays very natural and smooth looking when I use this. As per the packaging this product is supposed to enhance the appearance of the skin over time.
From TBS site ; Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil smoothes and revitalizes skin.
Community Trade organic aloe vera from Guatemala soothes the skin.
Organic buddleja and thyme from Switzerland give antioxidant protection from free radical damage.
Damask rose, geranium, thyme, fennel and orange essential oils have been blended together to create a gently fragranced scent.

I would recommend this to someone who is noticing some early aging signs (early 30's) such as lacklustre skin, less even skin tone, less of a youthful glow. After I use this I'm left with smooth, dewy, soft, even skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

Got a sample of this while having a major shopping haul at The Body Shop and decided to use this every night before my moisturizer. The scent of this serum is fairly nice yet it can be overpowering. The consistency of this serum was way too watery and I felt like I had water on my face before it dried, which I did not like. However, it was nice to try this product to know that I did not like it. For smoothing, my skin did feel a bit smoother after application but when I woke up in the morning, I didn't feel any difference but maybe it works for long-term while I only had like 2-3 days sample amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

"Softens, revitalises and improves skin's suppleness." I bought this because it said it should be used at the first sign of aging but really, all it did was break me out. I haven't had this bad of a break out in months and I'm pretty sure this is the culprit. It may work for your skin but just beware!