November 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

I really like this shampoo. My hair is on the fine/ thin side, wavy, with oilier roots and dryer ends. The reviews are very mixed on this, so I was worried it would make my fine hair feel heavy or coated, but it cleans my hair nicely in the shower without it feeling like that. Doesn't tangle my hair, and I lose fewer hairs than usual when I use this, I've noticed. I don't use conditioner with it because I don't feel I need it with this shampoo. After my hair is dry, it looks and feels clean and shiny, but not coated or flat. The smell is perfumey, but I do like it. Maybe smell it first at the store before buying, since it is on the strong side. I don't notice the scent too much after my hair is dry. No issues so far, but I do alternate this with something more clarifying every few washes, since this does contain a few ingredients with build up potential. Overall, a nice shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i use this shampoo and the conditioner in rotation with a few others, and really like them, especially in the winter. I have long, fine, color treated hair and the pair leaves my hair smooth and moisturized, and almost "bouncy." I haven't had any trouble with build-up, but I also use a clarifying shampoo on occasion just because. Another plus of this product is the scent. It doesn't have the typical obnoxious "green tea/fruit salad" scent that so many drugstore hair products do, which is a huge bonus in my book. I find this product to be a bit on the expensive side for a drugstore shampoo ($7 per bottle where I live, which would make it more expensive than many salon brands if you compared cost per litre) but that doesn't deter me from purchasing. A great shampoo that I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by linuxgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo+conditioner duo has completely changed my hair type. Normally it is very dry, course, poofy, and prone to frizz and uncontrollable waves. It now blow dries straight with the slightest wave, and the feel of my hair is that of a totally different type. Silky, soft, great slip, and much easier to put into updos if I feel like it (skinnier ponytail). It requires little to no styling products anymore.

The bad: the smell isn't the greatest. It's not unpleasant but it screams to the world that you are using DOVE. You know, that synthetic powdery scent the products always have. But even though it doesn't have a salon shampoo smell, it beats the dog crap out of many salon brands.

Also, I have to wash my hair my frequently when I use this, since it gets greasier at the roots much quicker. Clarifying is ESSENTIAL -- this stuff is conditioning and cone heavy, and all the reviews saying it stops working are almost certainly people experiencing buildup. Use a clarifying or non-conditioning shampoo every several washes to keep the products working.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this product. It made my hair feel nice. I have a lot of fine hair that goes midway down my back. Oily roots and dry ends. The shampoo seemed great at first then made my hair feel limp. It became super oily quick after showering. Now my scalp is still oily but flaky and my ends are still dry. I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by glitter65

At first this shampoo and conditioner was amazing. I thought I had found my HG products without the high end prices but when almost done with my first set of bottles I noticed my hair without any life, it got to where it wouldn't hold curls even though I was using the same thermal spray and curling iron. It did little to control frizz and fly aways and simply weighed mg hair down. For reference I have hair midway down my back, very thick and coarse. I will definitely be switching back to Kevin Murphy or Fekkai

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Lockharts11

My hair is not only fine, frizzy and indecisively wavy, it's over processed and badly damaged too. I've had to use the oil spray heat protectant from Sally's coupled with John Frieda's repair oil just to get it to straighten right. I washed my hair with this ONE TIME and didn't feel like I HAD to use the added oil sprays to my hair to get it to cooperate. I still used it, of course, to protect my hair from the heat but my god this stuff is amazing. I probably will never buy different shampoo/condition duo. Completely in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by belencita99

I really like Dove products so I decided to give this shampoo a try, but sadly it disappointed me a bit. The first time I tried it, it left my hair and frizzy. I thought it might be because my hair might not be used to it or I used too much of it. I tried it out more and I used a bit less, but still left my hair dry and frizzy. I really love the scent though, a very honey kind of scent, it stays in my hair for at least a day and a half. The packaging is average, easy to use. I really wanted to love this product but it just didn't work with my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

It feels like this stuff saved my hair. I have chronically dry, frizzy, slightly wavy hair and have tried almost everything, from redken to aveda to bedhead. I finally tried this on a lark after reading internet reviews for frizzy hair shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is a godsend. I've been using it for about a month. I don't even need styling serum anymore. My roots are clean while my ends and bulk of my hair is conditioned and shiny. If you have frizzy, dry hair I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

It is weightless for the most part, but is probably too heavy for people with thin hair or oily hair. My hair is also Caucasian, average thickness, and has a little bit of a wave. If your hair is anything like this, I would definitely try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I live in a hot & humid weather condition so moisturizing shampoos are a must. Moisturizing shampoos that deliver shine are a real plus. I've been using this for months and my hair is the fullest and silkiest it has ever been. My scalp is also cleaner and feels better. I wouldn't consider my hair as oily but I do need to wash it every day in order to feel fresh. I do combine it with the conditioner every time after wash. It is worth every penny. I consider myself a minimalist when it comes to grooming but a healthy hair is a must so better treat it right.

Update 7/11/2014 :
After using up bottles and bottles of this shampoo; all of a sudden it caused my hair to look limp and live-less :( Have my bed of hair get used to it?? Is there been changes in method of manufacturing?? Or is it the water?? I'm not sure..... I've saloon clarify my hair from time to time but it goes live-less again. I've stopped using it for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo because I ran out of the Dove moisture one and saw that this one had argan and coconut oil, well, this shampoo is NOTHING like the moisture one, this turns my super dry hair into a greasy nest, it had to wash it twice with Alberto VO5 kiwi lime twice on my scalp and three times on the length to remove it, I've been using this since I need to buy new shampoo and my hair is dry and brittle (coconut oil acting like protein) and my hair has been falling out in rolls in the shower and after when I comb it, I am not happy, beware of hairloss with this stuff.