September 16, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by kitterella

After experimenting with the application of this product, I had to edit my review to give this lip cream the fair and honest review that it deserves. First of all, the actual color of the product is a bit deceiving as it shows up as more of a cool pink on my lips rather than the warm coral on the tube. It may partially be due to the natural mauve pigment of my lips, and further pronounced by the yellow undertones of my skin.

The smell reminds me of the butter popcorn flavor of Jelly Belly jelly beans, although some have likened it to buttercream and such. It's a little juvenile for me, I think.

The application is great. With the doe foot applicator it goes on buttery smooth; just condition your lips beforehand. Very good pigmentation in the first swipe! It feels nice, not drying to my lips at all and I typically have really dry lips. However, some excess does build up in the creases of the lips. What I didn't like about using the included applicator was that it built up too much product on my lips and enhanced the coolness of the pink which really clashed with my skin tone-- I'm not the type who prefers a brightly contrasted lip color, so it really depends on your preference. On the other hand, I've found that swiping a modest amount on my pinky finger and gliding it on worked really well to control the coverage and blended in with my natural pigmentation. While still a slightly cooler tone on me than the tube color, it gave my lips a light pop of matte carnation pink. This method was more drying to my lips, but it wasn't serious.

I wouldn't buy this product again as of current, simply because it wasn't the shade I wanted/was expecting. As a product on it's own, it's lovely. It does rub off easily, which makes it a breeze to fully remove but necessitates touch ups especially after eating or drinking. But for $6, I would definitely recommend giving this lip cream a shot as a beautiful spring or summer shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

My favorite matte-coral shade. I have 2 backups of this because I love it so much. Not drying at all. Very flattering with warm skin tones (cool be wary). I could also see this being a very beautiful peachy nude on super deep skin tones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm undecided on my love for the packaging only because I have not reached the end of my tube. The product itself takes a bit getting used to it but once you do, you'll love it! The color looks great on my NW25 skin but I can see how it wont flatter other skin tones. I love it because despite being a nice matte finish, it's not drying. I keep this particular color in my bag and I work it with either a neutral look or a nice smoky eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sianemaynard

It takes me a while to finish a lip product because I love juggling through all the colors, but this flattering coral pink lip cream took a lot quicker to finish than I would have liked it to. It has a nice creamy texture that turns matte once you apply it, but not in that drying way you get with certain lipsticks. Some people might be turned off by the smell, but I personally like it a lot and reminds me of cupcakes?

I've been using it almost daily since I've bought it and is definitely going to be on my to-buy list again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I rediscovered this product and finally learned how to apply it properly this time. I used to hate this because it can be really drying and it the scent is just weird. Overall i love this product and the price is awesomely cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

If you have yellow undertoned skin and you're looking for the perfect baby pink lip colour, this is the lip cream for you. I usually look better with more coraly or orange lip products, but this is truly a great pink for me! I love how it looks effortlessly beautiful and brightens up your makeup. It definitely deserves more love than its current rating (compared to other colours)

With regard to the NYX Soft Matte Lip cream, I like it a lot in general (less dry than a lipstick, less weird than a lip gloss), even though it could be a bit drying on the lip than a lip balm. But just slap a sheer moisturising product underneath (or a pink lipstick) and you'd be good to go!

I would love to try out other colours but I wouldn't mind coming back to this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lvdd

This is a great product for its price point. I have to say this: I am not much of a lip color person. I think lip colors are sticky and high maintenance for the most part. I bought this on a whim in Antwerp because I needed a color close to my actual lip color, and this seemed pretty close. It's like my lip color except better x10! I don't find it too bright, and it compliments my skin perfectly. The texture was really creamy, and it acted more like a stain than anything really. A stain that lasts about 2 hours, eating and drinking included. I found it a little drying, which is why I took off one lippie. I put a little Smith's rose salve on before applying it the second time, and it looked much better, though the wearing time was a bit shorter. Overall it is definitely something I will be buying in multiple colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

Love, love this soft matte lip cream! The color is a flush of pink in coral base. I like that I could wear this color everyday, highlighting luscious lips, without making a dramatic statement. You can wear it with a smokey eye to offset the usual nude lipstick pairing. It is really easily to apply this lip cream perfectly to the lips with doe foot application. Finish is matte but moisturizing.

The scent is a soft vanilla flavor that fades within 10 minutes. It smells like baked goods and cake batter. The lip cream lasts about 2-3 hours without application. The only CON being that it fades away in patches, leaving creases of color on your lips. Not a big deal as you can always reapply.

Overall, I loved this product so much that I went and bought another color. I don't know if I will repurchase this exact one in the future, as it lasts a long time. I have been wearing it randomly within the past 1.5 yrs. It will probably last me many more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lip color I have right now. It's a really pretty coral color with a matte finish. I like the little brush better than actually using lipstick I think it gives you better precision. It goes on very smoothly I didn't find it cakey at all. And it smells lovely. Overall I love this product and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My lips are very pigmented to begin with and this shows up a medium pink on me. I think it's very flattering; not pastel and not too bright. The only thing that bothers me is it won't seem to completely set. I bought this in Amsterdam too and I don't have a problem with that one. Antwerp gets a bit tacky, but doesn't dry all the way. It's not goopy or sticky, just a big grabby. Overall, I really like this.