NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

3.8

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octennylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. MAY CONTAIN: Ci 77019 (Mica) / CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (D&C Red 6 Na Salt), CI 15850 (D& C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI 15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI 19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

on 3/20/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bright coral shade on my NC15 skin - nice pop of color for summer. I say it is flattering for fair skin tones that are neutral to warm.
Easy to apply, doesn't bleed, dries down in about 5 minutes and doesn't transfer. After an hour, it becomes uncomfortably dry and my lips look all shriveled up so I apply chapstick. It looks good again but obviously transfers off from that point on.
As a matte lippie, I expected it to be dry, but based on the reviews from MUA, I didn't expect it to be as drying as it is. I always buy NYX when it's Buy1 Get1 50% off at Ulta so it's a good deal.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love all of NYX's soft matte lip creams but for some reason I really like how this color looks on me.

This applies so smoothly and buttery, and smells like a cupcake. The formula is gentle and non-irritating. The pigmentation is great- it's pretty true to the color in the packaging. You also do not need to apply lip liner because it doesn't bleed or feather, and can last a long time on its own. Another plus is that there is minimal transfer on food/glasses.

However, the only problem I found with it is that it can be drying, and if you reapply it might get dry and flaky so make sure you moisturize your lips before you wear this.

on 12/9/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have dry lips that are prone to peeling and I have a lot of lip lines. I normally do not purchase matte lip products, even cream ones that come in a tube, as I find them drying. I was lured in by the reviews that said these were non-drying and the idea of a "soft matte" with a slight glow.

I picked Antwerp because it seemed like a my lips but coral shade, but on my skin (which is probably darker than the swatches I was looking at so this is my own fault and not something I have factored into my rating) it shows up as a bright coral. I was a little bit disappointed since I have similar colors already, but what really turned me off of this product is that 30 minutes in it had settled into all of my lip lines, making them really prominent.

I tried it a couple of times with lip balm underneath, with lip balm applied earlier but then wiped off, etc. but this really just made my lips look like a shriveled up dried orange. I only kept it on for 30 minutes to an hour each time because I couldn't stand how bad it looked, but in that time span I didn't notice it being any more drying than a regular matte cream lipstick.

Overall, I don't think the soft matte lip creams are for me and my lip lines. I can see how someone with less of a problem with prominent lip lines would find them nice though.

on 9/4/2014 2:21:00 AM

After experimenting with the application of this product, I had to edit my review to give this lip cream the fair and honest review that it deserves. First of all, the actual color of the product is a bit deceiving as it shows up as more of a cool pink on my lips rather than the warm coral on the tube. It may partially be due to the natural mauve pigment of my lips, and further pronounced by the yellow undertones of my skin.

The smell reminds me of the butter popcorn flavor of Jelly Belly jelly beans, although some have likened it to buttercream and such. It's a little juvenile for me, I think.

The application is great. With the doe foot applicator it goes on buttery smooth; just condition your lips beforehand. Very good pigmentation in the first swipe! It feels nice, not drying to my lips at all and I typically have really dry lips. However, some excess does build up in the creases of the lips. What I didn't like about using the included applicator was that it built up too much product on my lips and enhanced the coolness of the pink which really clashed with my skin tone-- I'm not the type who prefers a brightly contrasted lip color, so it really depends on your preference. On the other hand, I've found that swiping a modest amount on my pinky finger and gliding it on worked really well to control the coverage and blended in with my natural pigmentation. While still a slightly cooler tone on me than the tube color, it gave my lips a light pop of matte carnation pink. This method was more drying to my lips, but it wasn't serious.

I wouldn't buy this product again as of current, simply because it wasn't the shade I wanted/was expecting. As a product on it's own, it's lovely. It does rub off easily, which makes it a breeze to fully remove but necessitates touch ups especially after eating or drinking. But for $6, I would definitely recommend giving this lip cream a shot as a beautiful spring or summer shade.

on 6/2/2014 9:41:00 PM

My favorite matte-coral shade. I have 2 backups of this because I love it so much. Not drying at all. Very flattering with warm skin tones (cool be wary). I could also see this being a very beautiful peachy nude on super deep skin tones

on 4/15/2014 11:44:00 AM

I'm undecided on my love for the packaging only because I have not reached the end of my tube. The product itself takes a bit getting used to it but once you do, you'll love it! The color looks great on my NW25 skin but I can see how it wont flatter other skin tones. I love it because despite being a nice matte finish, it's not drying. I keep this particular color in my bag and I work it with either a neutral look or a nice smoky eye.

on 2/18/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It takes me a while to finish a lip product because I love juggling through all the colors, but this flattering coral pink lip cream took a lot quicker to finish than I would have liked it to. It has a nice creamy texture that turns matte once you apply it, but not in that drying way you get with certain lipsticks. Some people might be turned off by the smell, but I personally like it a lot and reminds me of cupcakes?

I've been using it almost daily since I've bought it and is definitely going to be on my to-buy list again.

on 2/17/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I rediscovered this product and finally learned how to apply it properly this time. I used to hate this because it can be really drying and it the scent is just weird. Overall i love this product and the price is awesomely cheap!

on 1/17/2014 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have yellow undertoned skin and you're looking for the perfect baby pink lip colour, this is the lip cream for you. I usually look better with more coraly or orange lip products, but this is truly a great pink for me! I love how it looks effortlessly beautiful and brightens up your makeup. It definitely deserves more love than its current rating (compared to other colours)

With regard to the NYX Soft Matte Lip cream, I like it a lot in general (less dry than a lipstick, less weird than a lip gloss), even though it could be a bit drying on the lip than a lip balm. But just slap a sheer moisturising product underneath (or a pink lipstick) and you'd be good to go!

I would love to try out other colours but I wouldn't mind coming back to this!

on 10/29/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product for its price point. I have to say this: I am not much of a lip color person. I think lip colors are sticky and high maintenance for the most part. I bought this on a whim in Antwerp because I needed a color close to my actual lip color, and this seemed pretty close. It's like my lip color except better x10! I don't find it too bright, and it compliments my skin perfectly. The texture was really creamy, and it acted more like a stain than anything really. A stain that lasts about 2 hours, eating and drinking included. I found it a little drying, which is why I took off one lippie. I put a little Smith's rose salve on before applying it the second time, and it looked much better, though the wearing time was a bit shorter. Overall it is definitely something I will be buying in multiple colors in the future.