NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi

3.8

on 3/16/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip product at the moment! It's a great natural color that really suits my skin tone. It is very matte, which I love, and doesn't dry out my lips very much. Once it dries it stays in place for a couple of hours, which is good considering it doesn't claim to be long lasting. Lastly it is super inexpensive and a cheaper alternative in the matte lip cream craze.

on 3/15/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this color! Definitely an everyday look! The smell is delicious, lasts a good amount of time, & is really easy to apply!

on 2/19/2015 10:51:00 AM

This is a great and easy-to-apply product! The color is beautiful and it smells great! The only flaw is the bottle hardly has any product in it. I just got this and I am already running extremely low. When I apply it to my lips it drys really fast and starts to crumple, but when applied correctly and paired with a good chapstick, it looks super good.

on 12/25/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I'm NC40-42 and this color looks great on me as a darker neutral tone. However, it's drying on my lips, not opaque unless you go over with the applicator multiple times and the worst part is that there's hardly much product in the tube. Would not repurchase.

on 12/13/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This lip cream gives me Life!!!!! Perfect pinky brown nude. A bit drying but it's matte!!! It won't be moisturizing. When I pair this with Mac Vino liner, I have perfect Kylie Jenner berry colored lips. Very 90s, on trend and very pretty!!!

on 11/30/2014 3:13:00 PM

Oh, where to begin on this. I was looking for an inexpensive long wearing lip color. First, the staying power is not exceptional, even if you can endure the dry, horrible feeling it gives your lips. I personally couldn't. The texture is definitely very matte, and also flat. No dimension, so my lips just looked dry and lifeless, but with a weird color on them. The color is beigy brown, and I don't find it flattering on my N/NW10-15 skin. Even the scent, which some describe as delicious, I found cloying and sickeningly sweet. Even if I liked the color, I wouldn't wear this again because it made my lips feel so unpleasant.

on 11/22/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Love this stuff!! The color looks great on my NC40 skin and I think it would compliment all skin tones. It goes on smooth and drys into a non-drying matte. No lip liner is needed. It has awesome staying power and it smells like cake too! Dare I say HG matte cream? YES!

on 11/3/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a review for the NYX lip cream in general. (I got the Abu Dhabi and the Antwerp) You would think since it's a cream it should keep your lips hydrated. NOPE!! It dried out my perfectly smooth lips to the point I had to dab lip balm every five minutes because it was drying out so fast. I skipped a couple weeks thinking that was a reaction from something else, waited it out, tried it again and then the exact same thing happened; lips dry, color doesn't last past an hour. It is a very cheap product so not like I was expecting it to do wonders, but wanted to share my thoughts with y'all :)

on 10/6/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Out of my fairly large lipstick collection, I would say about 3 are nudes. This is one of the 3. For the most part I do not like nudes. They are either too pink, too pastel, too peach, etc. Abu Dhabi is a perfect beige/brown nude that doesn't make me look like a crackhead when I apply. I like this for the weekends when I wear very little makeup but still want to look "put together". It's matte so it's drying so exfoliating is a must. Stays put, doesn't bleed and it's only $6. What more can you ask for in a nude lippie? If you're brownskinned and have had a hard time finding nude lipsticks, give this one a try.

on 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is so hg! One of my must have-go to's! This lasts thru kisses, eating & drinking :D its fab!!! Beautifully matte, nonsticky longwearing product. I like this way more than lipstick. I love the way this applies creamy and like a gloss but dries nicely and stays put
I am always snacking and talking and even after 8 hrs theres still a beautiful stain.
I am obsessed with nudes and i am currently nc42 & usually find nudes to wash me out but this im in looove withh. Its a rosy brown which just makes you look so professional, mature but soo gorgeous. Love the color and the formula its so incredible you have to try it for yourself!!