NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

4.3

on 7/27/2015 6:08:00 PM

I own at least 7 of the SMLC and this one is probably my favorite. I have semi pigmented mauvey lips, and this is a MLBB shade somehow. I will say they take awhile to dry, so if you're in a rush and expect them to suction to your lips in seconds, skip this and look elsewhere. But I love this color and for the three week manhunt I went on for it, it's worth it!

on 7/3/2015 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, the color of this changes a little within the first 10 minutes of wear as it dries to a teeny tiny bit darker. The color is the best thing about it. It looks very natural on me, a great pinker nude. "Concealer" type nude lip colors make me look postmortem, so give this one a try if you've had that problem. It's very comfortable to wear, not dry or crumbly feeling at all. Probably because it's a moister formula, wear time is not the greatest at about 2 hours. The applicator is fine, though it will apply more thickly. I like it better with a lip brush so I can apply it more sheerly. 4 stars because of the great price and the color.

on 6/8/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My Favorite Drugstore Matte Lipstick! Have in every color. Personal Favorite!

on 5/9/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color, it is a burnt peach, soft and pretty subtle. The color works really well with my complexion. I prefer matte lipsticks and this one delivers in pigment. Like most mattes it is pretty dry but not unbearable.

To be honest, I think this lippie needs to be worn the proper way, with a concealer or primer, lightly lined with a nude lip liner, and softly applied with your fingertips or a brush. The applicator on this sucks, it deposits too much product right around your lip line. I swipe the applicator over a fingertip and pat this product on.

My favorite way to wear this look is over concealer, with my Too Faced lip primer, NYX lip liner (retractable) in MPL10 Nude, and I top with a light coating on my bottom lip with NYC Butter lipstick BLS03 SnowCap, then I rub my lips together do deposit. This helps with the matte dryness without adding much shimmer or moisture. For a bit of dimension I use my MAC Lipliner in Whirl on the center 3rd of my bottom lip very lightly.

Worn with the right prodcuts you will love this color! It stays on me for about 6-7 hours when used with a primer, maybe 3-4 hours without.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lip cream but i feel like it doesnt last that long. I love the color, its a medium peach toned matte lip, and looks very nice on my warm toned skin. Wouldn't recommend for people with cool tones because of the orange undertone.

on 4/28/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted these specifically so I would have a color that lasts all day at work without needing a touch up. I love the matte lipsticks but these looked even more fool-proof. So I got Cannes, Prague and Stockholm. Stockholm is a slightly burnt nude. Not too dark or too light or too brown or concealer looking, but a hint of orange that's flattering and not weird. I really like that one a lot too and debated a lot before buying it because nudes can be tricky. And I don't like sweet things but I like the smell. I also picked up Nyx Spirit and that's much lighter but I reaaalllly like that one a lot. The cool thing about Stockholm is that it's a darker (medium) nude that actually works.

The downside is yes, it's dry. They all are. Drier than the matte lipsticks. The color does last a little longer, but you have to resist the urge to lick or rub your lips together cuz you really can't. If you do, or if you eat, they kind of ball up and get chunky on your lips, in which case you have to reapply, regardless of if you exfoliated. So they are long-ish lasting, but for normal to day to day activities you will need to redo it. Not just touch up. Redo. But I do think applying these is pretty easy. Easier than regular lipstick.

If I found a color that was similar in a lipstick, I think I would go for the regular/matte lipstick. The dryness just kills it for me.

on 4/14/2015 10:00:00 AM

Very peachy matte liquid lipcolor, with absolutely no shimmer. I don't notice it being drying, but I do pair it with a gloss on most occasions. This is a nice nude neutral shade, and gives me another go-to combination for work, when I'm sick of the pinky neutrals. Will definately be trying more of these. I especially like this color paired with NYX Sugar Pie gloss for depth, and worn with a brown smoky eye. Really a great product. Much like my beloved neutral Revlon Colorstay lipcolor that was discontinued, but not nearly so drying and wears well without being a flaky mess.

on 4/1/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this and while i love the way it dries to a matte finish, i hate hate hate the way it applies on the lips. You have to have primed your lips for it to spread evenly. You would think a lipcream would not give you as much trouble. Not sure i would repurchase this. Love the smell of it though.

on 2/20/2015 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I bought this in my hunt for my perfect nude lipstick. I saw alot of people on Instagram say that they use this for a good everyday nude color.
I am very pale and have pretty pink lips, so this color is more orange than nude or beige on me. I still enjoy it, it just might look better on someone with warm undertones or a medium complexion. It does seem to stay on well and go on more evenly than some colors of the matte lip cream.

I bought this shade along with a few others because I love the matte look and I love the small amount of color transfer. This is the one I use the least. The color in the bottle looks like a pretty beige nude color, but none if them go on the same color as the bottle. This one is an awkward color. Maybe its because I'm so pale, but I have to do my eyes JUST RIGHT for this to look good on my lips. It's almost too dark to give me a good nude lip look. Overall I love these soft matte lip creams, but this color is just off for me .