NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

4.3

on 4/1/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this and while i love the way it dries to a matte finish, i hate hate hate the way it applies on the lips. You have to have primed your lips for it to spread evenly. You would think a lipcream would not give you as much trouble. Not sure i would repurchase this. Love the smell of it though.

on 2/20/2015 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I bought this in my hunt for my perfect nude lipstick. I saw alot of people on Instagram say that they use this for a good everyday nude color.
I am very pale and have pretty pink lips, so this color is more orange than nude or beige on me. I still enjoy it, it just might look better on someone with warm undertones or a medium complexion. It does seem to stay on well and go on more evenly than some colors of the matte lip cream.

I bought this shade along with a few others because I love the matte look and I love the small amount of color transfer. This is the one I use the least. The color in the bottle looks like a pretty beige nude color, but none if them go on the same color as the bottle. This one is an awkward color. Maybe its because I'm so pale, but I have to do my eyes JUST RIGHT for this to look good on my lips. It's almost too dark to give me a good nude lip look. Overall I love these soft matte lip creams, but this color is just off for me .

on 2/17/2015 2:29:00 PM

I know these have gotten rave reviews, but it's just not for me. I don't like the wand applicator, it feels like I'm spreading an uneven, goopy mess on my lips. Disappeared after maybe an hour or less. Settled into the fine lines of my lips despite a balm underneath. I guess it didn't help that the color was too pale for me (I thought it would be a nice nude, but it might be for fairer skin tones).

on 1/18/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like these matte lip creams I just am not very pleased with the shades I have tried so far.
Stockholm is just ok I would not repurchase. It was a bit too orange looking to me and not that flattering.

on 12/28/2014 9:29:00 AM

After reading all of the good comments about this product and being a lover of all nude lip things, it was time to try this one out. This was my very first NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm reads a bit brown/copper on me. I was not used to matte lipsticks/glosses at all, but I was looking for exactly what MUA said these would be - a creamy, frosting like consistency that didn't really dry out the lips, but gave that chic, high fashion look.

The only thing is that I'm 52 now and the chic, high fashion look is something I really don't strive for everyday. That said I am growing used to the formula because this shade cannot be beat. I found that the texture does take a bit of getting used to. I also found that exfoliating the lips first (sugar and evoo) helped as well as a tiny bit of lip balm (Dermstore) and then a pencil (yep) and then a pop of gloss on top really helped create a beautiful nude lip that I love very much.

Will I purchase again? No. Not because I don't love it, but because I'm a lip gloss junkie and there are way too many more of these to try. :>)

on 12/20/2014 4:12:00 AM

The color is very beautiful, I love it. Because it is matte so it not be moisturizing, but it is long lasting. I eat and drink very much but the color doesn't run. So I will buy it again!

on 12/19/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a neutral colour to try out since I've always been a red lipstick only kind of gal, and this is literally the perfect shade. The formula is smooth and opaque with a super easy to use doe foot applicator! My only complaint is it is a bit drying. Definitely heavily moisturize your lips to avoid this, but other than that, it's absolutely lovely!

on 12/14/2014 7:29:00 PM

I really love this color. Its a great neutral with or without lip liner. Without lip liner its great for an everyday look. It does make your lips pop a little more than they would without it. Its inbetween coral and deep pink without liner. With liner it is more true to its real color which is a purple/coral mix to me. Its very pretty and a really nice dark nude. The quality is high for $6. Pigmentation is great. It is on the dry side so the lips must be moisturized before applying this.

on 12/8/2014 7:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this lipstick! The color is neutral so you can wear it with anything. The formula is also very good and it dries matte, which I like. It lasts so long, after about 8 hours it looks as if I have just put it. I like to wear it with Rimmel lip liner in spice. I think it is becoming my HG lipstick and I will definitely get some other shades as well