NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this and Milan today to add to my collection. Of the two, this is the most wearable. I can't wear a bright pink alone so I put this on top of the Milan and it looked wonderul. Then I tried this alone and it looked very natural and MLBB. It is paler than Cannes, but still flattering. I like to use a liner pencil to define the edges just a little and I really like the defined but natural look it gives me.

I will keep buying the soft matte lip creams as long as they make them. They have the best consistency and wear of any lip creams/lacquers/liquid lipsticks I have tried. They are far superior to the liquid lipsticks that either dry to a parched desert or stay wet forever. Basically I am happy with Stockholm either by itself or mixed with other shades.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I loooooooove this product! I had heard very good things about the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and had always wanted to try them but never really had the extra $5 to get one. Up until a few days ago! I found them when I was shopping at Target for my foundation and concealer and they were almost completely sold out! There were two colors left and I wasn't really sure which shade the other was - I didn't check since it really didn't appeal to me - but there were about 3 tubes of Stockholm and I just grabbed one! I couldn't resist this time around. I'm very glad I didn't! The texture of this product is lovely, very creamy and true to it's name upon application, and dries very matte without making your lips feel like they're shriveling up! The color was beautiful, very true to the color in the tube (but this is probably due to the fact that my lips are very pale and lip colors usually show up true to the tube on me), and is highly pigmented! I typically tend to steer clear of pinks and go more for nudes, browns and reds because pinks don't usually look good on me, but this shade in particular is one that I think would suit anyone! It's pretty soft but still definitely pinky, it has a dusty rose quality to it. Very subtle, very charming and very romantic looking. If I had one critique, it would be that after eating or drinking, the lip color seems to crack just a little bit. Another application over the first layer and you're good to go! I need to get some more of these lip creams, they're simply lovely!

I like the texture of these lip creams. They are almost a mousse consistency. I haven't had a problem applying them directly from the tube using the applicator provided. Some have mentioned that it applies patchy using the enclosed applicator. If you find that, you can just use your finger or a lip brush. That isn't the problem with this one for me. The color just pulls a little too terra cotta on my skin and that clashes with my paleness. So it's very pretty; just not on me.

I love the color and I love the smell but it never really sets on my lips. Even while doing thin layers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so perfect. NYX, you've done it again.

Stockholm is pretty close to my lip color, just a little rosier. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Kinda Sexy, maybe a little more purple and a little less pink.

The color goes on so smoothly, and I always follow it up with a clear gloss, so it lasts for hours. Application is easy with the doe-foot applicator. Really can't ask for more, especially considering the price.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Really nice and creamy. Does not last that long with me. Nice matte quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite shade of the matte lip creams and I have SEVERAL. It is a browney nude shade with peach undertones which I believe is flattering on everyone. It dries down SUPER matte and adds a lot of definition to the lips. I use this like a lipliner and matte lipstick in one when I don't have time to do both. One swipe of this, and paying close attention to make sure the edges are precise, produces a gorgeous super defined Kylie Jenner-esque lip look. I always get a ton of compliments on this. I gave it four stars because it can be a bit drying and start to make your lips look dry and flaky after a few hours of wear but another swipe to touch up takes care of that. I use this shade in my everyday makeup look and I love the results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

stockholm is a medium brown peach. definitely on the warm side of the spectrum but should be neutral enough to be worn by both cool toned and warm toned ladies. i find that this particular shade is more longlasting on the lips compared to the other shades from the soft matte lip cream line. nice shade but not exciting enough for me to be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this a few times and I didn't really fall in love with the shade. Then months after I applied it on top of Mac Craving which is my everyday pinkish-berry lip color and the combo looked really nice. It glides on smoothly, gives a nice matte look and last a while on the lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this in my kit for a long time now but I only used it only once. It has been given rave reviews but sadly, it didn't work for me. I love the texture and smell of this product but it settles on the lines of my lips. This could be perfect for women with perfect lips. For someone who has dry lips, even with constant exfoliating and lip balms, it still doesn't look good. This is a good product but if you have dry lips and with lips that cracks and peels easily, this can be really bad.

Video Reviews & Tutorials