NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm

on 10/2/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally really pink, pigmented lips so I usually prefer full coverage lip products, and
this was not, so that's why I took one off. I also don't care for the doe foot applicator. If you
put too much, it appears orange / coral - y and kind of weird. It is a bit pricey for drugstore..

I don't like doe foot applicators, especially for lip products because they always suck all the
product up, and with doe foot applicators, you can never get even application. Exactly like all
the other colors in the nyx matte lip creams, the color isn't even close to the packaging color.
I wish they were, so I don't have to search swatches. Nice matte black handle, though, nyx!

Creamy, moisturizing ( I would still put a very light layer of lip balm like eos just because it's
matte ), and not drying. It can get into your fine lines if you are not careful. Too bad it only
lasts for maximum 3 hours, because it's such a pretty color! That's the only down side to this.

I'm honestly not a big fan of the fragrance, because on ewg ( environmental working group ),
fragrance is rated 8, and I can really get sick of it sometimes because it's sweet, lil too much.

Overall, I would recommend to a friend, but I would let them know about the packaging
not being true to the actual color, cake/cupcake-y scent, and the applicator. I' buy more,
but I would like to try some dark purple, plum, or nude colors next time. I hope that you
found this review helpful. Like/message me if you did! - @makeupdupe.s on instagram!

on 9/22/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovelovelove the color. Great consistency. Love the smell. Love everything about this lip cream. Already on my 2nd one. Great for everyday natural look.

on 9/17/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work with my coloring. I have naturally darker pigmented lips, and this color looked really pink on me. They're only 6 bucks though, so I can't really complain.

on 7/27/2015 6:08:00 PM

I own at least 7 of the SMLC and this one is probably my favorite. I have semi pigmented mauvey lips, and this is a MLBB shade somehow. I will say they take awhile to dry, so if you're in a rush and expect them to suction to your lips in seconds, skip this and look elsewhere. But I love this color and for the three week manhunt I went on for it, it's worth it!

on 7/3/2015 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, the color of this changes a little within the first 10 minutes of wear as it dries to a teeny tiny bit darker. The color is the best thing about it. It looks very natural on me, a great pinker nude. "Concealer" type nude lip colors make me look postmortem, so give this one a try if you've had that problem. It's very comfortable to wear, not dry or crumbly feeling at all. Probably because it's a moister formula, wear time is not the greatest at about 2 hours. The applicator is fine, though it will apply more thickly. I like it better with a lip brush so I can apply it more sheerly. 4 stars because of the great price and the color.

on 6/8/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My Favorite Drugstore Matte Lipstick! Have in every color. Personal Favorite!

on 5/9/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color, it is a burnt peach, soft and pretty subtle. The color works really well with my complexion. I prefer matte lipsticks and this one delivers in pigment. Like most mattes it is pretty dry but not unbearable.

To be honest, I think this lippie needs to be worn the proper way, with a concealer or primer, lightly lined with a nude lip liner, and softly applied with your fingertips or a brush. The applicator on this sucks, it deposits too much product right around your lip line. I swipe the applicator over a fingertip and pat this product on.

My favorite way to wear this look is over concealer, with my Too Faced lip primer, NYX lip liner (retractable) in MPL10 Nude, and I top with a light coating on my bottom lip with NYC Butter lipstick BLS03 SnowCap, then I rub my lips together do deposit. This helps with the matte dryness without adding much shimmer or moisture. For a bit of dimension I use my MAC Lipliner in Whirl on the center 3rd of my bottom lip very lightly.

Worn with the right prodcuts you will love this color! It stays on me for about 6-7 hours when used with a primer, maybe 3-4 hours without.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lip cream but i feel like it doesnt last that long. I love the color, its a medium peach toned matte lip, and looks very nice on my warm toned skin. Wouldn't recommend for people with cool tones because of the orange undertone.

on 4/28/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted these specifically so I would have a color that lasts all day at work without needing a touch up. I love the matte lipsticks but these looked even more fool-proof. So I got Cannes, Prague and Stockholm. Stockholm is a slightly burnt nude. Not too dark or too light or too brown or concealer looking, but a hint of orange that's flattering and not weird. I really like that one a lot too and debated a lot before buying it because nudes can be tricky. And I don't like sweet things but I like the smell. I also picked up Nyx Spirit and that's much lighter but I reaaalllly like that one a lot. The cool thing about Stockholm is that it's a darker (medium) nude that actually works.

The downside is yes, it's dry. They all are. Drier than the matte lipsticks. The color does last a little longer, but you have to resist the urge to lick or rub your lips together cuz you really can't. If you do, or if you eat, they kind of ball up and get chunky on your lips, in which case you have to reapply, regardless of if you exfoliated. So they are long-ish lasting, but for normal to day to day activities you will need to redo it. Not just touch up. Redo. But I do think applying these is pretty easy. Easier than regular lipstick.

If I found a color that was similar in a lipstick, I think I would go for the regular/matte lipstick. The dryness just kills it for me.

on 4/14/2015 10:00:00 AM

Very peachy matte liquid lipcolor, with absolutely no shimmer. I don't notice it being drying, but I do pair it with a gloss on most occasions. This is a nice nude neutral shade, and gives me another go-to combination for work, when I'm sick of the pinky neutrals. Will definately be trying more of these. I especially like this color paired with NYX Sugar Pie gloss for depth, and worn with a brown smoky eye. Really a great product. Much like my beloved neutral Revlon Colorstay lipcolor that was discontinued, but not nearly so drying and wears well without being a flaky mess.