January 30, 2015 | 2082 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Match Perfection Concealer

Skin Tone adapting concealer
1-in-1 concealer and highlighter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew11

This is a great concealer for dark circles. I've tried tons and this is great product. Provides medium coverage. I wish they had more color selections. The packaging does suck but I dont care so much about that.I just clip the brush off and squirt the product on my hand and apply with a conc brush or fingertips. You get a good amount of product for the price, which is typically 4-5$! I recommend to anyone with undereye circles and darkness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 11:48:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay concealer, it didn't crease but I always use a setting powder anyway. Consistency was fine and blended well. I prefer the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I really hated the squeezy tube this was in also. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2015 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

It's pretty good if you want a natural look, it creases a bit under the eyes but it's great for highlighting

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 6:48:00 PM More reviews by JudyJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a high-quality concealer, especially for the price. I had been looking for a replacement for the discontinued Dermablend Smooth Indulgence concealer, which was the best concealer for eyes that I have ever used. This Rimmel concealer comes close. It has a similar consistency and blends very well. The Light shade is perfect for me. It is very gentle around the eyes and causes no irritation. Has good staying power when used with a setting powder. I only wish it provided a little more coverage - then it would be perfect. But I'm glad I found this and will continue to use it unless and until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 5:15:00 AM More reviews by mervesen

I think Rimmel made a good job in formulating this "match perfection" serie. If you like matching foundation, you would like this concealer also. It is a hybrid product; concealer and highlighter. Thats why it has some light reflecting materials which personally it doesnt bother me but for covering blemishes and scars it would not be the best choice. Its consistency is quite creamy and coverage is light to medium according to how you would apply. I must say I didnt like the packaging because of brush applicator. That brush is harsh for under eye area and no matter what you do, it is always making lid and package dirty. I havent try yet but I am thinking about cutting the brush and squeeze the product on a concealer brush. Another positive aspect is it is cheap and if there is a boots near by you, you can get discount like 3 for 2 or 1/2 price for 2 which make the price as bargain!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:15:00 PM More reviews by thehappykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is okay. It's basically a backup item I keep around. Nothing amazing, nothing impressive, it doesn't do a spectacular job, but in a pinch it works.
I don't like the concept of a squeeze tube with a brush at the end; the bristles get clumpy with product and it's impossible to squeeze out an accurate amount - you'll end up squeezing out too much, and then it's just wasteful.
(I would repurchase this - and I have - because it works well enough to keep on hand, in case I forget my favorite concealer or I want to use something cheap, etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:55:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this concealer. I have really awful dark circles that all started in my junior year of high school when I started having to wake up at 5:30am for school and wasn't getting enough sleep. No concealers I bought would cover them up without making me look really weird.

This concealer does a near perfect job of covering up my really bad dark circles. I love it because I don't need several layers of concealer to cover it up. I take just a little bit and blend it out and my dark circles are way less noticeable. It also makes my eyes look more awake and I think it just blends in really well with my tinted moisturizer. It doesn't LOOK like I'm wearing concealer and that's what I like. Also, it stays on ALL day and it DOESN'T CREASE!!! That is amazing for me because it seems like every concealer I've ever tried eventually creases. Creasing doesn't really bother me but it's still always nice if they don't crease.

The only con of this product is the awful packaging. I HATE the little bristle tips, I don't understand why cosmetic makers think that they are a good idea. They make it hard to get the right amount of product out and I think it will eventually become pretty unsanitary as the product dries up in the bristles. I followed another reviewer on here and cut the bristles off with a pair of scissors though and that cut out that problem. :) Now I can control how much product I get and it's much better.

I'm extremely happy with this product and it may soon become my HG if it keeps working how it's working. It's also super affordable, I bought it at Rite Aid for $5.49. A cheap concealer that works really well, can't beat that.
I don't use this on covering up acne so I can't comment on how well it does for that. For my acne, I use Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing spot concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 2:40:00 AM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has moved into my heart as my holy grail under eye concealer! I used to use Hard Candy Glamoflaudge for my under eyes as it was the only thing that wouldn't crease... until I found this. It matches beautifully for me and adds a little bit of highlight to make me look fully awake, I set it with powder and it stays all day. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by thesunshinekid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

On my 3rd tube of this. Natural looking but still provides some great coverage. Sometimes I like to use it as a foundation. Not a big fan of the little brush applicator. Kind of a trap for acne causing bacteria so I always put it on the back of my hand first. Will always repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by westcoastduchessxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, now I heard good reviews about this. I am always on the hunt for a concealer that helps with my dark circles. This does an alright job with covering, I think my WNW concealer stick covers better and it is only about 2 bucks. It also gave me hives around my eye area (I do have really sensitive skin, but it is very rare for my skin to break out in hives.) I do not recommend