October 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Dry Shampoo - Kenra - Platinum Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by 2girlsNcounting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this only because BeBeXO on YouTube recommended it & said it smelled like Piña Coladas.
I was soooo disappointed when I used this! Thankfully I only bought a travel size bottle for cheap on Ebay.
It sprays really wet & when it dried it was like hair spray but with crusty white flakes that ruined my hair style.
It was like dandruff in a can! And I couldn't get the flakes out!
So bummed because I love the smell.
I'm going to go back to my Not Your Mother's Clean Freak dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I would have checked reviews here before being talked into buying this stuff at the beauty supply store.

This is a horrible product.

You would be better off buying a can of that artificial snow in a can that people use to decorate their windows during the holidays. Really. I think that stuff would do a better job. This stuff leaves your hair cemented at the roots with white plaster that will slowly flake during the day.

I hope this review keeps people from making the mistake I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by helicane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by all the general dislike or "meh's" about this stuff! I quite liked it, but then again, I'm a girl who likes that uber-product feel in her hair...I don't really need it to feel clean and soft if it looks good. It did go on pretty white and powdery when I sprayed it, but enough brushes through my hair and it wasn't a big deal. The volume it provides is pretty impressive, and I have pretty thick, heavy hair. The scent is pleasant, but can be a bit strong if you get crazy with how much you use.

The packaging, however, is a bummer. I've bought this a total of three times, and two of those have clogged up. I managed to rescue one by running the nozzle under hot water, but the other one wouldn't do anything with the same treatment. If you do get this, make sure you store it upright. I think that's what may have caused the issue for me, having it horizontal/rolling around in my bag or whatnot.

So...yeah. The packaging is elegant and visually attractive, but the spray nozzle ain't so great. Pleasant smell, effective at eradicating oil, offers a bit of volume. If you have really dark hair, this may not be for you, due to the other reviews of it leaving a powdery residue. But overall I like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

The only reason this product gets two lippies is because i love the smell of this product, and I love how innovative this product is, as I had never seen it before. I bought it because I have had good luck with Kenras professional line of sprays. The sound of a spray in shampoo sounds amazing... for those lazy days when you dont feel like re-styling your hair, or if yout like me in the winter and you dont wash your hair as much because it drys out- but you still want to minimize the look of oily roots. I tried it a few times, hoping that I would learn to love it- because I really wanted to. Nope. didn't happen. Each time I used it (following the directions exactly), it would turn my hair grey and leave white patches in my hair... even when i held it far enough away, it looked like i went grey overnight. It would get rid of SOME of the shine... but by no means did it work ANYTHING like a shampoo. I even tried spraying a tad, and combing it out, spray a little more.... It never worked. Was really disappointed because the product was like $20. I dont recommend this product to any woman, UNLESS you have grey hair, or you dont mind grey patches in your hair until you wash it out. HUGE disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i felt like this never did anything for my hair. i would spray it but it won't make any difference. the smell was a little strong and fruity, which i usually like in kenra products. wouldn't try it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by burningstariv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dry shampoo is my savior since I only wash my hair about 3 times a week, and I usually use Tigi Dirty Secret or Tigi Catwalk dry shampoo. I work at a beauty supply store, so I got a mini sample of the Kenra dry shampoo, and I really did not like it at all. It clogs easily for one, and it leaves a white residue on my hair and makes it feel even more gross. I also HATE the smell, it reminds me of a rancid pina colada...ew. I would not buy this dry shampoo (although I do like some of Kenra's other styling products and the usually smell great).

If you want a good dry shampoo that really makes your hair feel clean and adds texture, try one of the Tigi ones, they are my all time HG hair product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used cheap dry shampoos before that were better than this. It didn't leave a white-ish cast on my black hair, but it did leave a funky residue and my hair looked less oily, but dirtier if that makes any sense. Smelled good, but that didn't last either. Wouldn't waste my money again. Kenra is usually good stuff, but this is awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by KKirts

This is my first dry shampoo (and first review on MUA!), so I don't know how great a judge of product I am on this. But as far as dry shampoo goes, it was what I expected. My hair doesn't really get oily quickly, so I don't know if this would be excellent for people who have that issue or not. But as the other review mentioned - it certainly helps with adding texture to my hair. I dunno - I have no complaints I guess. Well, other than the bottle clogs sometimes and you have to mess with it to get it to spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

My DD is able to buy this wholesale as she is a stylist. Even so, it is not a cheap product.
Key Ingredients:
•Rice Starch - removed oils & impurities
•UV Defense Duo - Protects from color fade
•Panthenol - Regulates moisture, giving a plumping effect
•Mango Melon Fragrance - Eliminates odors with fresh scent

This product has the odd effect of making my hair feel clean, yet dirty, as something feels as though it was left behind after brushing the product out. On the plus side, the residue does make my hair easier to style. If you colour your hair, obviously the less you shampoo the longer your colour will last. So, a dry shampoo is a good adjunct to your haircare arsenal. Next time, I plan to try the Klorane dry shampoo and I will do a comparison.