November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash Tint

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Many people that have commented and rated this are missing the fact that this is not a regular mascara IT IS A LASH TINT. It is only meant to darken your lashes and stay that way for a few days. It really doesn't offer any volume or length or anything like that because all it's meant to do is darken the lashes to make them visible. I personally think that it really does the job! I took it with me on a camping trip as as you know, out in the wilderness you really should apply heavy makeup because of the physical activity and weather conditions so this little number made my lashes appear dark and made my eyes pop do I didn't look strange and makeup less. You can't even tell that your wearing makeup if its applied correctly(even and sparingly). Ladies of your gonna go camping and can't be without makeup all you need is a good BB cream, this lash tint, and lip balm to look alive :-) this is a great product. It really does last the 4 days as stated. I love this I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Freckledgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes but am 47 and have many white/gray lashes, and have been looking for a lash tint that works, without resorting to hair dye (yikes). I saw this at Walmart, and like a previous poster said: it's like a super heavy chunky mascara. Don't waste your money and time: if my lashes were tinted for "up to 4 days", as the packaging said, I would be OK with the raccoon eyes and concrete mascara effect. A permanent marker does a better job (I tried that as a contrast after getting this "tint" off my lashes). Next!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by nbatty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

True lash tint/stain/dye do not flake!!
I was looking for a product to replace the neutrogena lash tint...went to walmart looking for geo girls. They didn't have it, but the sales associate did say they were currently redoing all their makeup displays.
I found the hard candy and was super excited.
It def is NOT a tint, it's alike a super duper waterproof mascara.
But, I put it on and the next day the bottom lashes had flaked and had racoon eyes.
Hopefully the walmart by my house will get the geogirls line. Till then I'll keep going to the day spa to get them tinted.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mulligana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looked super interesting to me at the store - and I was skeptical about how it would work. It is essentially SUPER waterproof mascara. It bonded to my lashes and stayed on for days, but left me with a nasty eye infection. I wear contacts, so maybe this was the problem? I threw it away after scrubbing my face withhold cream, Vaseline, you name it trying to get the stuff off. I lost some lashes in the process. Be careful with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is called Lash Ink and it's better than waterproof mascara because it doesn't smear or flake off. I miss Revlon's ColorStay Lash Tint, but this is the next best thing. Just make sure you don't have too much product on the wand to avoid the Tar comments posted by others. Have a clean lash brush or comb and you'll get the correct amount. You will have to use a curler.

Update: more than a year later, I use this product. It is gloppy and it is impossible not to get it on your eyelid. I only use it because no other manufacturer is producing an eyelash tint. I say tubes of Revlon's discontinued product selling for 40 dollars on an auction site. There is money to be made in a good product. Listen up Revlon!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had this product been marketed as something else, I might not have been so awfully disappointed in this mascara. Maybe they should call it "Lash Tar" instead of "Lash Ink." For a product that's marketed as a lash stain, I expected a light formula that would just add color to my blonde lashes. What a mistake!
Instead of a lash stain, this product is more like a waterproof mascara that you can't take off at all. I applied the mascara to my lashes and it was thick and goopy, an utter mess. My lashes clumped together and looked awful. After I combed through the quick-drying formula, my lashes looked better. There was no flaking, no changes in my lashes at all during the day. All that changed when I went to shower, which the packaging says you can do in the mascara. When I washed my face, my lashes stuck together so forcefully I could barely comb through them. I tried to remove this stuff with eye makeup remove formulated for waterproof mascara, and it barely removed anything. My lashes BROKE and FELL OUT. I had to wait a few days for the product to wear off.
I returned the product and got a refund. My lashes are all out of whack after this, and all this happened two weeks ago. This product was awful. DON'T make the same mistake I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS AN AMAZING MASCARA. IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO OPEN THE PACKAGE THOUGH. I LIKE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE TO PUT IT ON EVERY FOUR DAYS. THE PACKAGE WAS CUTE. BUT THE OVER ALL CONSISTANCY OF THE MASCARA WAS WATERY. I LIKE THIS MASCARA BECAUSE IT TELLS THE TRUTH ON THE PACKAGE. YOU CAN LITTERALY CRY, RUB YOUR EYES, GO OUT IN THE RAIN, AND SWEAT. OVERALL GREAT PRODUCT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by pinklighter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never used waterproof mascara until I saw this. The formula is a bit runny but I kind of like this mascara. It doesn't clump, but it doesn't curl, volumize or lengthen either. But it does give your lashes a good bit of pigment and I feel that it makes my lashes look defined. It also has good staying power, I wear it for two days and then have to scrub it off with makeup remover. If you're a teenager, an on-the-go type or a minimalist when it comes to makeup I would recommend this for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with high hopes. A mascara that lasted 4 days?! I was intrigued! I searched every Walmart for 60 miles looking for this, then I finally found it, and it was the last one! I applied it and wow, what a mess! It made my lashes look really spidery and a lot of it kept getting on my eyelid. It didn't curl, lengthen or add volume, just made them look spidery and black. So if you're looking for a mascara, this doesn't really work too well as one. I could see this working as just a tint for lighter lashes if that's what you're looking for... I already have dark lashes so I just wanted mascara. I'm bummed that this was not what I had expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tkkana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

okay, i've had this for two days now. (thank you walmart for finally stocking the new stuff!) the packaging is very cute. just make sure it has the mascara in it..it's an easy open package(read..easy to steal) it says on the package it will tint your lashes for 4 days. well, it did last two, but i wore reg eye makeup today and wound up taking that off too. me personally i'm not sure about leaving any makeup on overnight, but i did last night just to see. i actually had lashes this morning without any black goops in my tear ducts. it did add length for me, no volume.
for right now, mind you i'm two days in, this is finally a good mascara for me. i'll give it a couple more days and edit this.

edit, this will stay on your lashes for the 4 days, i didn't use anything but water to remove my eye makeup last couple of days and it held wonderfully.
and even after the 4 days..no black eye goop. :) so for me this is a huge win.