July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I find it to be a good conditioner overall. I have very dry, naturally curly hair. I have no problem with the ingredients that are in this product. As long as a product works for me and gives me good results, then i am well satisfied. I like how well it moisturizes and softens my hair. I bought this because i love trying new conditioners, especially those designed to be very moisturizing to the hair.

I definitely have no problems with the scent of this product at all. I do not find the smell to be overpowering or offensive in any way. I do feel that this conditioner is a good buy, and i definitely will continuevusing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlower1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! Nice scent and not heavy. My hair was easy to detangle and felt soft/nourished. The price is good too:). I'm going to buy the other one too soon for damage ...the blue and white bottle. I'll use it as a weekly treatment. I bleach my hair so it needs some tlc lol:).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair feels more brittle and frizzes easier since starting this conditioner. The next day my hair is greasy. -- Use to be able to wash hair every other day and maintain good body. But now that I have to wash it every day it is getting dryer and I need to use more serum to combat the dryness. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by aliawilk123

This pairs wonderfully with the shampoo. I use it from the middle of my hair down, and my hair is so soft and frizz free. It is easy to get a wide toothed comb through it now, and I don't even need to use a serum anymore. This stuff is amazing. Before I had chronically dry hair and had almost given up. If you have dry, frizzy hair, I would definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I use high end hair products but gotta say I love how this makes my hair so soft and smells Devine!! The only drug store conditioner i will use!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this hearing all these rave reviews. But while the product did good things for my hair - left it soft, shiny and manageable with less tangles, it did terrible things for my scalp,skin etc.

It left my scalp itchy and I broke out around my hairline and on my face. And I used the minimum amount just on the ends? I also got an itch on my neckline and shoulders, I'm never using this again. I'm really disappointed because it did have a nice effect on my hair.

Now that I'm reading through all the reviews, I see that some people mention having the same problem I did so now I'm pretty certain it was this particular product that caused this bad reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by BassChicken

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have thick stranded hair that's naturally mousy brown and wavy. I heat style it almost every day (bad, I know) and it's been coloured twice in it's life. For I don't know how long I'd been using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner when I decided to change products.

I don't have anything bad to say Dove Nourishing Oil Care conditioner. Since I've started using this my hair has stayed styled for longer, looks cleaner for longer and it much softer and manageable. The only thing I'd say is that the product is rather thin and hard to apply initially to wet hair. To fix this I mix it with another generic conditioner or Macadamia hair repair masque to thicken it up. The shampoo combined with this is also very good and much better than what I was previously using. The price is more than what I was paying for Hello Hydration but is still rather cheap in comparison to high-end conditioners. It also comes in large bottles which I need because I have a lot of hair, so a big thumbs up for Dove! Will definitely keep re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this conditioner. Yes, it gets great reviews, but how many times have I run out and bought something with a '5 Lippie Rating' only to be disappointed?

My hair is long (past mid-back), not color treated, and naturally curly (3a/3b). It's fine in texture, but I have a lot of it. While it's not damaged (I rarely use heat to style it), it is a bit on the fragile side because it's curly and long, meaning the last couple of inches are a few years old. I shampoo daily (currently using an SLS-free shampoo from L'oreal) and don't use much in the way of styling products, applying either silicone-based serums or conditioner (leave-in, rinse out, I'm not picky) post-rinse to emphasize and soften my curls.

All that being said, I find this conditioner to be just perfect. The consistency is rich and thick, with good slip during the rinse. The scent is a light florarl that isn't so potent that it chokes me or competes with my perfume, but strong enough that if I've had my hair up, I can smell the lovely fragrance when I take it down. I find this conditioner reduces frizz, increases shine, and leaves my hair oh so soft. It's far better than many pricier salon brands I've tried and I will definitely repurchase. On a final note, this works well as a leave-in / curl definer. I love a multi-tasking product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my MUST HAVE for my overly dry hair. Its smells great too, creamy rich conditioner and I pray they keep this and don't discontinue it as most of the time I find something that works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ewwie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know I am rating this really low. I wanted to love it. The reviews here actually made me buy this.

The bottle is large for the price, so I think its a great deal. The conditioner is very thick which I always enjoy, however this didnt work for me. I have quite fine hair that gets weighed down and dry easily. I only condition the last 5 inches of my hair. Every time I used this (I alternate what conditioner I use every other shower) my hair felt nasty as soon as I came out of the shower. After pressing with a towel it still felt very knotted and dry. On days I used this I had to apply my leave ins a second time because it just feels so dry. that really confused me because it has oils in it, i thought it would help.

My boyfriend however kind of likes it. He has Asian hair, so I am not sure if it just works better on thicker hair.