November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Glossaholic - Sequin Saturated Shine Lip Gloss in Rise & Shine

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This product is decent if you can get past the smell and taste. BLAHH, I cant. It has a very strong smell of rubbing alcohol and you can smell it the entire time it is on your lips. It comes in a very large tube with a very large tip on the applicator which is very different to normal lipglosses, I kinda like it like that. It goes on clear with a very nice shimmer to it from the glitter chunks which you do not feel on your lips. Im just not a fan of lipglosses that taste funny and this product just has such a funny taste and smell of rubbing alcohol that I cannot get past.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got Rise & Shine (as well as a few others), and this one was the only miss for me.
The smell was absolutely nauseating for me...like coffee mixed with novacaine and chemicals or something, and I am not one easily put off by scents. I tried to wear it anyway, but it just wasn't pretty enough to put up with that smell, it didn't seem to go away!
Also, although you get a ton of product, the packaging is strange, and has really strong suction w/ perhaps too small of an opening to pull the wand through; product always squirts up all over the top of the wand and lip of the bottle no matter how carefully/slowly/sideways I try to take it out. I've seen reviews on YouTube where they take the wand out and gloss flies across the room. I store these upright because I'm paranoid of the "leakage" another reviewer talked about.
The price of these babies are great ($5 for a TON of product--0.38 oz.), and I suppose the large applicator is cool (although, I might be the only pessimist on here who realizes that the bigger the wand, the less room for product, lol), but Rise & Shine is the only one that went back to the store.

The other shades I got are gorgeous (Fireball (light cherry red w/ large gold glitter), Fabulous (brownish-red w/ large gold glitter), Lush (peach w/ gold/peach fine glitter), and Confection (opaque, cool-toned baby pink w/ fine gold glitter)! The gloss is super-plush (thick, but not sticky! Confection is my favorite; it's one of the "newer" colors, and it's a pretty cool-toned baby pink that is opaque with very pretty glitter. I love that with these glosses, your lips don't feel "glued together"), and the scent is like vanilla cupcakes, which I love. I also really like the large chunks of glitter flecks (you can barely feel them; I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable or "gritty"), but some may be annoyed by that, and the fact that if you wipe the gloss off, the glitters stayed glued to your lips, and unless you feel like tearing them and ripping them up, you might as well leave it there.

Overall: Bad rating for Rise & Shine (would NOT buy again!), nearly excellent rating for the others (minus the goofy packaging). I want more!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after seeing a swatch of it on PinkieCharm's blog, and fell in love with the idea of it. I always see cute lip glosses that look great in the packaging but look average, or worse, clear on my lips, but this wasn't one of those. When I put it on you can see the flakey glitter on my lips, and better yet, when it wears off the glitter stays so your lips still have a rainbow glitter. The formula isn't anything special, but isn't anything bad either. Honestly when comparing this to your all time favorite lip gloss it may suck and deserve 1 star, but honestly, it serves it's purpose. It's just a drugstore lipgloss with unique glitter. And honestly, are you guys expecting a lipgloss to replace your morning cup of coffee? That's just common sense, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Awful product. I bought this product because I liked the smell and wanted to see if the caffeine added to it would help me feel more alert. (It didn't.)

The packaging itself is cute, I'm a sucker for pink, especially metallic pinks. At first I hated the wand but now I love it- the sponge at the end of it has a little hole that stores extra product so you get all you need in one swipe which is awesome. One thing I dislike is how hard it is to pull the wand out of the tubing.

The actual product was the worst part. When I first put it on it looked very pretty. The pieces of glitter in it are *huge* but fortunately there weren't many pieces of it on my lips.

An hour after applying this product I looked in the mirror and saw that the gloss was completely gone, and all that was left were chunks of glitter on my lips. It looked like a 3 year old had sprinkled glitter randomly on my lips, it was disgusting and hard to wash off.

Would NEVER buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by KungPowKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I notciced the Rise&Shine and the Chillout lipglosses side by side. The glitter is what first caught my eye, In the beginning I was only going to buy one, the chill out because I like the purple & green glitter, but the fact that Rise&Shine had caffine in it made me curious and bought them both. I like the texture, not to sticky but thick enough. It gives my lips great shine, I can't feel the glitter at all, and it lasts about 45 minutes on me. I hate the smell, its an over powering coffee scent and its all I can smell when I wear it. I think the giant applicator is too big, I get more glass than I want, so I smooth it on with my fingers. I wouldn't buy it agian because of the smell. Also I have not noticed any caffine effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by terracotta88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite scent of the Glossaholic line.....I LOVE the warm vanilla-ish scents of the others....as one reviewer said..*unnervingly delicious*, but the coffee scent is growing on me.
I LOVE these glosses.....so sheer, but the glitter really elavates the look on your lips....it just gives it such a flattering effect, especially over a boring lipstick.
I find these glosses a little thick and gooey, but the glitter doesn't feel gritty at all, and the wear is pretty good on me. My lips are soft and moist after using.
Love the package, first of all it's cute, and second, it's HUGE, which makes it easy to find in a crowded purse.
Only reason I probably won't repurchase is that I have a lot of glosses to use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

smells ahhh-mazz-zing great aplicator great pick me up if i dont have time for coffee all my bffs r jellouse of it cuz it looks gr8 on me good texture worth the $5 i paid for it XD

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it!! My favorite Glossaholic lip gloss from Hard Candy. The glitter isnt too distracting either. I think it adds a cute shine to the lips. The product is very thick but not sticky. I find that the other hard candy glosses from the Glossaholic line are not as thick and taste funny. I like everything about this gloss and might I add that the smell is wonderful! Also, I dont believe that this gloss really energizes and wake you up, but I love it anyways.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

This is gorgeous in the tube, it reflects different rainbow colors depending on the angle. But on my lips, well, I like glitter but this is kind of overload. The flakes are very noticeable and a bit gritty. They stay cemented to ur lips long after the gloss wears off. It's a bit odd looking. The scent, it's like a white Russian drink with a hint of mint. Strange and not very pleasant but it's tolerable. I bought this mainly cuz of the huge applicator and cuz it says it has caffeine in it lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by shellieholiday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I <3 this gloss. First of all, I can actually use it since I'm allergic to Vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate) which is in way, way too many products, and this doesn't contain it!!! The gloss is clear with iridescent multi-dimensional warm colored glitter, that are also varying sizes. And the glitter is NOT grainy or sandy at all, you can barely feel it. The gloss is coffee scented but more of a sugary, vanilla flavor like the rest of the Glossaholic line (it's unnervingly delicious). I can't say that I love the scent, but the flavor, formula, and results make up for that. It looks great on its own for a little gloss to your lips and to add a warm undertone (the glitter colors) and also looks great over lipstick. I can't say I feel more 'awake' because of the coffee scent and caffeine in it though. I love that this one gives you warm tones while the opposite (Glossaholic in Chill Out) gives you cool tones to match whatever look you want. My ONLY gripe about it is the glitter stays longer than the gloss, which sometimes shifts to outside of my lips, although the gloss lasts for at least a couple hours. OH! And the giant wand make for easy & quick application.