Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Retractable Eyeliner

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

For the price, this deserves 5 lippies. I actually feel it performs better than drugstore liners I have paid 3 times as much for. I have "Blackest Black" and am on my 3rd one, and they all have applied smoothly, with great color payoff. I like to use a liquid liner on my upper lid, and this pencil on my lower waterline, and it shows up a nice dark black, and stays put a very long time. Sometimes I will use this on my upper lid also, and it stays put all day. It's a convenient auto liner and has smudger, all for $1.99!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this liner when it was 40% off at Rite Aid. Good thing, because it frankly sucks. I don't remember whether I bought the color Blackest Black or just Black, but either way, I could hardly get any color out of it. To get a decent amount of pigment from it, I'd need to press pretty hard, which of course is unsuitable for use around the eye. The pencil was not at all creamy, so forget about using it for tightlining. Also, if you were to wind up the product all the way up, you'll see that there is hardly any product inside the plastic casing. Even though it is very cheap, that's quite a ripoff.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wet n Wild has never let me down before this purchase but this product is a total dud. In need of a new eyeliner and limited by the drugstore's small variety of cruelty-free options, I chose this one. It was $1.99. The packaging is nice, typical for a twist up drugstore liner. I got the color 691A Black Noir.

The color payoff of this eyeliner is lacking big time... swatches black but applies grey. It's extremely hard and has a waxy consistency. Half the times I tried to apply or swatch this, the tip broke off and I had to twist more up. Staying power is also terrible. This is the worst eyeliner I've ever used. I'll usually find some way to make a product work and use it up even if I don't like it much, but this just went in the trash. Save your two dollars.

This is not a very good eyeliner. It glides on easily (then again my eyelids are on the oily side) but by the end of the day I have panda eyes. This eyeliner travels down to my waterline and even lower. However, I must say that it works decent as something to fill my eyebrows with. I get an angled brush and brush on some of the eyeliner to it then apply it to my brows. It ends up looking natural and doesn't budge.

I'm usually quite a fan of Wet'n'Wild products, especially the Fergie line. This eyeliner was a bit of a bummer. This was not the rich black I was going for--it came out more of a dark charcoal and tugged at my waterline, wasn't very smooth and skipped a bit. Felt a bit too waxy, and after a few hours it started leaving my waterline. I may have gotten a dried-out pencil, and of course it wasn't an expensive product, but it felt a bit cheap.

Cons:
-Hard, tugs eyes, skips
-Not dark black
-Eyeliner migrates waterline after a few hours

Pros:
-I think this could work as a brow pencil, or somewhere other than sensitive eye area
-For the price, the twist-up eyeliner feature was nice

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in charcoal, and I'm actually really happy with it. I like that it's self-sharpening and comes with a smudging tool on the end. The color is really more of a soft gray, which is what I wanted. I apply this to the outer two thirds of my top lid and my whole bottom lid. Then I smudge, smudge, smudge. The final result is a softly defined look. It really offsets my gray-green eyes. Personally, I didn't find the eyeliner to be too hard in texture. However, it won't give you a really dark look if that's what you're after. At only $1.99, I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would only recommend this if you're looking for something to create a shadow behind your lash line. This eyeliner is difficult to apply and lacks pigment :/ I found it smudges a little but I seem to be very prone to that with all makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an inexpensive, dry-as-a-rock eyeliner that comes w/ the worst "smudgie thingie" on its end that I have ever encountered BUT the color Navy is such a great blue-green AND it lasts for hours on end that I actually would recommend it. I have purchased this 3 times now despite the fact that I find it dry and it tugs on my delicate eyelid skin. I just learned to work with it since I adore the color and can't find anything else like it out there, HE or DS. Navy is a warm, matte, blackish, blue-green color and it really brings out the color in my blue-green eyes.

I like this as an eyeliner. I don't care for liquid liners and since I like other WnW products I tried this. I have it in Brown and Black. The smudge/eraser on the end is nice to have though I don't use it much. It has nice pigment and lasts for quite some time. Maybe those that didn't get good pigment we're just older? I don't know but it works for me, no irritation and the price is nice on my cheap budget. I have used the Brown to fill in brows and it works nicely for that. If you are oily in the eye area it may smudge but I think it's mostly from me rubbing my eyes which I sometimes do. A little primer does help with this. All in all I have and will continue to repurchase as it is a decent product, I like it and it works.

I love this as a brow pencil! I use the charcoal color and this is amazing! It looks natural and it's so fast to use. It lasts all day. An amazing brow pencil is basically a dry eyeliner. Which is what this is. I would hate it as an eyeliner, but as a brow pencil, this thing is a miracle. I have black hair, and it's so hard for me to find the perfect eye brow color and this is perfect for me. Perfect formula and great color. However, I feel like you use this up quicker than an average brow pencil but it's not a big deal because this is so affordable!