July 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Flexible Control Anti-Humidity Hair Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice drugstore flexi-hold hairspray that I definitely recommend for those on a budget. I can find it for literally $3 at Target, and I'm getting 8.25 oz at that (a.k.a big bottle). It's an aerosol spray which I love, and it comes out in a strong but fine mist, if that makes sense. So it's definitely not overpowering and it doesn't leave any greasy/wet spots. No flaking, either. I could do without the signature cloying/obnoxious Garnier Fructis fragrance, but that's just me. Yes, Bumble and bumble Spray de Mode is better, but it's $27 for 10 oz (!!!) and I just can't roll with that these days. This is a fine drugstore alternative in my book.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I used this hairspray for a while before I realized how terrible it is.

Price- $5 is a decent price for a drugstore hairspray.

Packaging- Cute green can. Sprays nicely.

Intended Purpose- Everyday use after blow drying to reduce frizz.

Smell- Gross! The smell lasted in my hair all day.

Result- It did not help with the frizz at all. It made my hair feel coarse and yucky.

Other- It made my head feel itchy.

Conclusion- I would never purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by LushBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in New Orleans. This is the very place that anti-humidity products would be great. This stuff turns to glue though. Then it picks up every solitary particle of dirt in the air. So then my scalp begins to itch and the dirt that the hair spray picks up ends up in my fingernails from scratching. Gooey hair, itchy scalp, dirty fingernails. Horrible. No will I go near this stuff again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Lecitroen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review includes a very specific hair situation. I live in Los Angeles and I really don't encounter problems with humidity, so I've hardly used this hairspray.

Yesterday I went to a Radiohead concert in Santa Barbara in an open-air stadium on a rainy day. Totally not cool for my fine wavy/frizzy hair!

In anticipation of the evening's rain, I added about a dime-sized amount of John Frieda's Secret Weapon to my damp hair and then blow-dried it. After drying and straightening my hair with a flat-iron, I hair-sprayed it with about 3 even layers of this hairspray.

Once we got to Santa Barbara we immediately went in search of a plastic poncho, since no umbrellas were allowed at the concert. We walked around Santa Barbara before the concert for about 1.5 hours, when it was really overcast and humid. My hair did not frizz or get wavy at all! So far so good! Luckily we found plastic ponchos, a funny experience to say the least.

During the concert it rained on us, on and off, for about 2 hours. For the most part the poncho stayed on. Sometimes I'd take off the hood, even allowing a few droplets to touch my hair. Why get so precious about my hair at this point? In the end my hair had to deal with damp conditions and eventually regained some wave back. However, usually when the rain hits my hair, it is a frizzy, awful mess and I look like I am 13 again. This time, there was no noticeable frizz! Sure my hair got a little wavy(it did get wet), but it wasn't frizzy and unevenly wavy! The next morning I woke up and I had soft waves! I definitely think the ingredients in the hairspray calmed my hair.

To summarize, the combo of John Frieda Secret Weapon and the hairspray kept my hair frizz-free and straight in high humidity. The combination also helped my hair remain calm once it got wet.

I'll definitely use this again on a rainy day, whether I get my hair wet or not (preferably not!).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ShopTherapy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried #2 (Strong) first, tossed it; #4 (Ultra Strong) works okay. Inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG hair spray! I have used this since it's release a few years ago and continue to be impressed by what this inexpensive DS product does for my specific hair needs. I have very thick, naturally curly shoulder-length hair. My hair is also rather coarse in texture so whenever there is a little bit of humidty in the air, it tends to frizz, whether I wear it curly or straight. This hair spray is strong enough that it maintains my style and controls the frizzies, yet is flexible and light enough that it does not make my hair feel stiff or crunchy. I like that my hair still has body and movement (the laquered helmet-head look is just not attractive) and that I can run my fingers or a brush through my hair without them/it getting snagged or tangled in it. It has a light citrus scent which is pleasant and not at all overpowering. It fades to nothing and never competes with any other fragrance I may be wearing. I absolutely love this product and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this a few months ago when I started to curl my hair more often and wanted some hold to my hair before curling. First, I love the scent. This smells great - kind of citrus-crisp-fresh. I love the hold this offers. It isn't too much - which is good for me. I don't like too much hold in a hairspray, my hair gets tangled and funky pretty fast since I have long hair with long layers. I spray a bit of this on the section I want to curl, brush through, and then curl. I end up with a nice curl that stays! This is one of the weakest formulas that Garnier offers, in terms of hold, and that works for me. I find that it has just enough to do the job without my hair getting crunchy or tangled or messy. I would be likely to use a stronger hold for something for a special occasion or an up-do. This is around $3 at drugstores and the like.