August 20, 2014 | 1440 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Luminizing Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

This made me look like a disco ball in natural light and it did absolutely nothing to control oil...YUCK.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from a Smashbox rep at Ulta. I love it. I was worried it would make my face look greasy. It did not. I apply my cerave moisturizer then the Smashbox primer and then finally my Urban Decay Naked Skin. I think this primer gives the skin a perfect glow without looking greasy. It kept my makeup on. I like this primer more than the Hourglass and possibly the Porefessionals. My skin is more normal to dry in the winter and more normal to combo in the summer. I have larger pores and sensitive skin. This hasn't broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I work at Sephora and this is one of the samples I took home. I love it! It helped my Urban Decay Naked last throughout work (since it has a tendency to fade after several hours wear) and it truly gave my skin that perfect glowing look!

But if you have oily skin, I would advise against this. I have a normal skin type. I'm not sure about dry or combination skin, but I would suggest you ask other people first.

I personally love this product because you don't need a finish powder/luminizer (though I use this glitter powder around my t-zone and brow bone) so it's a two-in-one! It is pricey but you only need a little bit to cover your whole face.

I took a sample of Tarte's Amazionian Clay Foundation because I liked the idea of full coverage foundation, so I'm not sure how that will be over this product.

But overall I think this primer is my next Sephora purchase. I will update this if it changes for any reason.

UPDATE: I noticed that you need a bit more product than you do for most primers. It isn't a big concern for me, but it's not as heavy as other primers I've tried before. Especially if you really want that luminous glow, you really need to add on the product. I also noticed users were complaining about how this product is tinted. I'm caucasian with warm undertones, yet am pretty pale, and I didn't notice the tint being an issue, I still recommend this product strongly for the glowing effect and overall being a good primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by courtney025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will buy a different Smashbox primer next time, just not this particular one. It definitely helped with foundation application. It is not good for cool skin tones though - but if you are a medium warm, it would probably be great for you. On my NC15 skin, it just looked orange unless I used a very, very thin layer. I much prefer the green color correcting one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review of the oil free version. I really love this primer. All of the primers I have previously used that have claimed to give you ‘luminosity’ or ‘glow’ or any other such light reflecting properties have made my face look like a glitter disco ball or look like I have been caught in an oil slick. Smashbox really have got it just right. It really does give you what appears to be a natural glow, and helps some of the more matte foundations look more natural without making you look greasy. My skin has become oily recently due to changes in medication and I have found my liquid foundations slipping off and going patchy quickly. This primer definitely helps my foundation last longer, and the luminizing properties help my skin to have an appearance of healthy vitality. I am really impressed with this product. I only wish it wasn’t so expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

This is a nice formula, which i knew it would be considering I've used the adjust formula for years. However, it's too dark on my NC15 skin, and makes me look orange. I wanted to get something to brighten up my complexion since I'm opposed to tanning. Unfortunately, this didn't do it for me. I can see it being nice on darker skintones though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I received this as a gift and I really like it! It is quite shimmery and can look a little dark on my skin so I only use this if I have a tab or I'm going out in the night. I actually mix a dab of this with my light primer and apply it to my face. It adds a nice glow along with the functions of a primer. I don't think I would repurchase only as its a little dark on my normal skin colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a huge sample of this primer from the beautician at Shopper's Drug mart. It lasted me over three months, but I will still re-purchase when I run out. This primer is definitely concentrated, so much bang for your buck, I apply very small amounts all over my face (including lids), with my armani foundation brush, then rub in rest with clean finger tips. It gives my medium complexion a really great glow when I'm pale, although if I over apply I can look pretty Snooki like. As for a primer, well it's just as good as the other Smashbox primers !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank you Sephora for giving me a nice travel size version of this after i was telling you how much I am committed to the Smashbox original primer. I am mid 30's with medium complexion and wear this under my Nars sheer glow foundation. It works just as good as the original primer ( which fyi, I have tried many other primers and find this to be my favorite). I love silicone!-and will definitely purchase this once the travel size runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

The shimmer and silicones in Photo Finish Luminizing foundation primer are not well suited to mature skin. Looks peachy bronze in the tube but goes on almost clear, however it's probably best for medium skintones (NC30-40?), rather than the lightest or deepest skintones.