Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush - Exposed

4.2

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Tricaprylin, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Alba, PEG-150 Distearate, Lanolin, Laureth-4, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Tin Oxide, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470). (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Red 6 And Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 5/21/2015 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own about 40 blushes (I know I'll never use them all up, but I'm a blush fanatic) and Tarte Exposed is my most-used, everyday blush. It gives a perfect natural-looking flush to my NC20 skin, and because of its brown undertones, it helps to make my cheekbones look sculpted. It really does last all day (maybe not quite 12 hours on me, but 9-10, which is impressive given my oily complexion). I will run out to repurchase it in a heartbeat once I'm done with my current pan.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture of the powder is kind of... hard. You really have to swirl your brush around to pick up color, which means you end up using a lot more product compared to a softer, more pigmented blush.

on 5/21/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

RUN, don't walk, out and buy this blush. The color is to blush as MAC spice is to liner, just divine. It will suit many shades of skin. The deepest shades may find this light but I think it is very buildable. I absolutely love this a) on it's own to add a light flush that doesn't compete with a smokey eye b) on its own for a natural look c) under a brighter blush for a sweep of natural color under a bright pop (a la BB's technique). It has great staying power and is fairly priced as well, esp with a ULTA coupon.

on 5/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. seems to last long. i need to use a lot of product though. i think its because its a close ish colour to my skin tone? im not sure (im nc25/30). but its very natural looking.

on 5/19/2015 5:47:00 PM

This is great! Its a mid tone pink blush. One of the noticeable thing about this is the lasting power. It lasts all day for me. When I want a matte blush, I go for this one.

on 5/4/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this blush, it's an amazing neutral brown-rose color and is perfect for adding a dimension of contour when applying blush to the cheeks. It really helps to lift the entire complexion and cheeks.
This and tarte blissful are my favourite blushes.

on 4/19/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Does nothing for me. nada> no color Got it on HSN as package deal. Like their eyeshadow but that is about it.

on 4/19/2015 2:10:00 AM

This is probably my holy grail blush. It adds a perfect subtle flush to my cheeks that doesn't look too unnatural and is never overpowering. The colour is great blend of pink and brown and while I find it quite pigmented, but very stiff so I have to work quite hard to get it on the brush. I don't mind this though as I'm very fair and I think this just adds to the never overpowering qualities! I love it when I have a dark lip on, it adds dimension without making me look too over done. It does last about 12 hours on me, which I found very surprising since my skin loves to eat makeup. I also am thinking about buying a back up in case they discontinue it, I'd be so sad without it in my collection!

on 4/18/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another great Tarte blush! I already have this in Tipsy, which I really like, and wanted to try a new shade. I'm a light-medium neutral skin tone and this looks just how I wanted it to - like a neutral, healthy flush. I love how long-lasting Tarte blushes are, and their pigmentation is stellar. I only need to lightly sweep my brush over this product and there's plenty of color on my cheek. They ARE pricey but they last FOREVER. The color of the compact doesn't exactly match the color of the blush, but it's helpful to quickly and easily locate this product in a jumble of makeup.

on 4/12/2015 2:50:00 PM

I can not say in words how much I LOVE this blush. It is a perfect, everyday blush for light to medium warm skin tones. SO BEAUTIFUL. My husband can't stop saying how "radiant" my skin looks. Such a natural nude-pink shade that's more of a "blonzer" (blush bronzer). Don't hesitate to buy this. AHHHHHMAZING.

on 4/6/2015 9:26:00 AM

The colour is very nice and versatile. It is a rosy shade that can go with so many different eye and lip looks. It's my go to blush for professional, neutral looks.

The packaging is nice and sturdy, and I like how the colour of the packaging corresponds to the colour of the blush.

Pigmentation is good, and the blush always lasts all day on me.

What I don't like about this blush is the texture. This thing is hard as a rock. Maybe I got a dud? I have to swipe my brush across it a few times to get pigment on the brush. On the plus side, this may mean this blush will last me an eternity, as I've had this for about 1.5 years and have barely made a dent. However, I prefer blushes with a softer texture. I've heard that a "film" can occur over the surface of the blush that may cause this issue, so I tried scraping it off and unfortunately I didn't really find that it made a difference.

My review is more of a 3.5 star than a 3. I liked the colour of the blush and the longevity, but not a big fan of the texture.

Video Reviews & Tutorials