China Glaze Crackle Glaze - Black Mesh

4.3

on 8/9/2012 12:25:00 AM

Goopey, stringy, and never seems to dry completely. The formula is way too thick even with a brand new bottle! OPI's shatter formula is much better and easier to work with.

on 4/25/2012 11:56:00 AM

YUCK just messy, dries entirely too quick, leaves a very matte pastey feel, reminded me of white-out looks like when applied to the nail when I was a kid (but black of course). Just nasty, I have tried crackle by Sally Hansen waaaayyy better than this & even didn't care much for that either. Def not a success for me!

on 2/19/2012 1:58:00 PM

When the shatter trend was hot I went right out and bought OPI's shatter (in black) and was so disappointed. It was gloopy and SO thick! Then a friend told me China Glaze had their own version coming out so I decided to try it and it was amazing. So much thinner and easier to apply with the same beautiful results. I now have the black, pink and purple Crackle Glazes. I'll never go back to OPI's shatter again.

on 2/11/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a couple black crackle polishes, and this one is by far my favorite. It was easy to apply, not messy, and crackles nicely!

on 2/7/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As for all of the crackle polishes, I've found that you have to shake them really well. I have these in all the colors besides purple, btw. I haven't tried any OPI shatters but I still like this a lot and is the best that I've used (so far).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love the concept of this but did not like the final result. Yes it was crackly, but it was also messy and thick. it took a while to get the application right and even then, it dried too quick before I was pleased with the result. Gave it away to a friend that had a similar hardship with the product. Officially most hated product in my book.

Definitely a cheaper alternative to OPI's black shatter. It's basically the same and crackles just as much as the shatter would.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this for something different but it isn't my favorite. The only color I like it over is white. In my opinion if you put it over any other color the black just over powers it. Application is kind of tricky you can't put to little or too much or go over the same spot twice or it'll mess it up. It's chipped after two days so the staying power isn't that great.

on 11/16/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this black crackle from China Glaze. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what but the formula seemed to be very thick and gloppy.

on 11/14/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I never really liked the crackle nail polishes as much, but i do have OPI's silver when it first came out. I figured id try Black since i hate black nail polish and with a color underneath, it may look okay..
My boyfriend said not to get it but i did anyways, and again he was wright as he always is when he says it wont look good. It makes your nails look dirty like you've been playing with car oil... Not flattering. My nails looked like my boyfriends who is an engineer. pshhh. lol returned!

Top Rated China Glaze Products