November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essie - Feed Me

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by timeless54

I gotten this at a warehouse sale so the price is not what I paid for at a store. However, I will not have paid for the price. This nail strengthener did the total opposite of what it's suppose to do. It made my nails brittle and it takes more than a minute to dry. The only good thing I could think of is there seems to be no expiration date, as far as I could find on the box packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jadesky74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product...it has done wonders on my nails. They were suffering fro. extreme dryness this winter with everything from splitting, cracking and peeling. I tried gel nails, oiling they heck out of them and then finally this. feed me brought them back and grew them like a weed. Within one week I was astonished. the nail beds went back to pink and Within 2 weeks they were back to gorgeous. highly recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of essie but with the sephora OPI, this works really well to stay on atleast a week without chip.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by TheSnowQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Essie Feed Me has done wonders for my nails. My nails tend to become dry and peel no matter how I care for them. I think it's caused by the dry Alberta climate. Really noticed a difference in less peeling and overall healthier nails within one month.
Best treatment I have ever used and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

My nails were super weak an dry and were peeling constantly. I bought these on a trip to Las Vegas which, due to the weather, made this problem even worse. I could tell a difference within a day or two and my nails have gotten better and better. I will keep this in my routine as I haven't had any tears since starting to use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this product seems to be performing okay. it does seem to be moisturizing base coat. it's more liquidy than most polishes. i really meant to buy the essie get rich but i bought this based on the description of it being moisturizing. i probably won't repurchase because there are other products that have much better feedback and i prefer a thicker polish to hydrate my dry nails. i agree with the other review that the type of remover used can play a role on how dry the nails get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Feed Me did not help hydrate my nails that I noticed; I used it four times under my base coat because my nails split and peel terribly. My nails continued to split; every one of them and I noticed no increase in strength or flexibility. I paid $8 and returned it; it was not worth the money to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this a couple months before reviewing, just to make sure.

I have thin, soft natural nails that tend to peel if I don't take care of them. They also tend to grow out with vertical ridges, which are the worst on the ring fingernails. I didn't have high hopes for this--I didn't have high hopes for anything, to be honest--but I had to try it.

My nails will always be thin and soft, but the Feed Me has...fed me. They are now tough and flexible, the peeling has completely stopped, and the surface is smooth and even, almost as if I had buffed it. It even seems to have helped smooth out the ridges somewhat.

At first I didn't think it was doing anything, but what really kicked things off and made it start working was when I stopped the use of pure acetone for removal. I still use it for cleanup, but now that I no longer routinely dry out my nails twice a week with harsh acetone (switched to a moisturizing acetone-based formula remover for normal use), it was like the Feed Me said "at last, I can finally shine!"

It is easy to apply and it feels like a relief when on. (I know nails have no feelings but you just have to take my word for it.) Dries quickly and I don't even bother using a separate basecoat any more. It does seem to help my polish stay on. My NP doesn't chip for days and days.

If this hasn't worked for you and you want to give it another try, I recommend you quit acetone removal and start moisturizing with creams and oils in conjunction with the Feed Me, then see how it goes. I really feel that if you help it along a little and don't start it out on an uphill climb with all the additional drying agents, you might have a better experience--everyone is different, but this is what made it work for me, and work very well at that. Love this.
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by songy67

I'm not sure if this is meant to be a treatment or a base coat. It dries slightly tacky, makes my polishes chip, and hasn't done much to help my nails grow longer, stronger or stop peeling. I wouldn't recommend anyone to waste $8 on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by minyuette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Didn't do anything for me. I used this faithfully for almost 2 months and my nails are still a peeling mess. On to the next one...