April 16, 2014 | 915 users online

Cleansers - DERMAdoctor - Litmus Test Glycolic Acid Facial Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I picked this up, along with the toner and moisturizer, based on some reviews. It is recommended for oily and acne prone skin as well as early signs of aging due to its exfoliating abilities that promote cellular turnover.

This is a nice cleanser, I apply as directed on dry skin and it lathers well, it starts to tingle just a bit but nothing uncomfortable. After lathering for 30-60 seconds, I add just a bit of water and it really foams up. I continue for work it into my skin for another minute and then rinse. My skin is left feeling extremely clean and mildly tight. I follow with the Litmus toner and moisturizer. I have been using 2x daily for the past week and will probably cut back to 1x daily so that my skin doesn't dry during the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by LucyFord14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whenver I have a horrible pimple that won't go away, or my skin is feeling oily and clogged, I come running to this gel. It removes every little speck of makeup, and zaps acne fiercely. I wouldn't recommend using this more than 3-4 times a week, as it does get to be drying and itchy.

I apply it to my skin dry, as instructed, and rub it with my fingers for about 20 seconds, and then switch to my face brush (the cheap ones from sephora since I can't afford a clarisonic right now), and rinse with warm water. It feels so clean, like a breath of fresh air on your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Tarahbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worked amazingly on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by decembermom3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This dries out my face something fierce! It gets all tight and itchy...and to follow this up with the litmus test toner? Fuggetaboutit! Would not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by danielle1558

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At night after removing my makeup, I rub it in to dry skin for about 20 seconds and then I use a wet Clarisonic to make it lather up. When I rinse my face it is smoother than it has ever felt before. I have sensitive, very clog-prone skin that is suffering from hormonal breakouts lately and this is making it look so much better. The package is pretty big, but it is pricey. This can be pretty drying, so I recommend only using it a few times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Litmus Test Glycolic Acid Facial Cleansing Gel provides the rejuvenating benefits of a glycolic acid cleanser in a deep-cleansing, lightly foaming gel. This cleanser is used like a cleasing oil: you apply it to dry skin, massage, add water for a little foam, then rinse. It's not fragranced, thankfully, but it has its own pleasant scent that smells like "clean" to me. It's extremely refreshing to wash with Litmus test because it removes every bit of makeup, oil, sunscreen, etc. and leaves my skin feeling like velvet. I use Litmus Test Cleansing Gel once a day, or 2 - 3 times a week, follow with my usual products, and use Wrinkle Revenge 2 for my second wash. I alternate use of Poetry in Lotion with the soothing Litmus Test pH Correcting Moisturizer, and this regimen keeps my skin virtually break-out free, and smooth. I believe these are the most effective products I've ever used for making my skin look and feel better than ever. Litmus Test Cleansing Gel is probably best for Normal - Oily skin. I don't have dry or sensitive skin, but I can tell this provides serious deep cleansing that may sting vulnerable skin. Occasionaly I feel a slight sting on my more sensitive areas (breakout-prone area on forehead), which lasts for about two seconds, but whatever causes this on me could be painful for sensitive skin - so please try before you buy if you need extra gentle products. (I don't want my positive review to encourage someone to buy a cleanser that wind up stinging skin!) Even though it has a lower percentage of glycolic acid, I find Litmus Test foaming cleanser feels less gentle than the Wrinkle Revenge cleansers, which are pearly creams that don't foam. Twenty-five years ago, Litmus Test would have been my dream-wash,(instead of dessicating my skin with Clinique Type 3 "oily" facial soap), but at 45, I need to alternate with the more soothing Wrinkle Revenge 2 (or 3), because my skin is oily only during hot weather now.