December 19, 2014 | 854 users online

Foundations - Koh Gen Do - Aqua Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lulabelle123

Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation in one word is amazing. I have hormonal acne which can get very aggravated and angry, and I also suffer from allergies which can leave my skin very dry. This foundation is my saviour. Even when my skin is very bad underneath I still get compliments on how great my skin looks- it really does give a natural glow. It looks like skin, is extremely moisturising, long lasting, makes redness disappear, looks amazing in photos and even better than any of these benefits at the end of the day when I take the makeup off my skin doesn't feel worse for wear. It really is that gentle.

I have purchased nearly the whole Goh Ken Do range, and I recommend it as an important investment in their skin to anyone who has similar skin issues to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal acne-prone skin that is prone to flaking. I have been looking for a foundation that would work with my skin type and gave samples of this a shot.

I tried applying this foundation various ways (fingers, brush, stippling, beautyblender) and over various products (bare skin, moisturizer, sunscreen) to no avail. No matter what, in less than 30 minutes it emphasizes every flake on my face and has dried into some horrible reptilian finish. I have never seen my face look as dry as with this. It might look okay over a primer heavy with silicones but that is not part of my normal routine, and for the price I do not think another product should be necessary.

I was not impressed with this foundation at all and would not recommend purchasing without trying it beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by raluko

One of the best foundations I have ever tried: beautiful coverage, blends beautifully, the color (012) illuminates my face in a natural way. The SPF is also a great benefit, not to mention that the ingredient list contains so many natural products. Good, hygienic packaging. I wear it everyday when I go to work and it is light enough for my skin so that I don`t break out or have any spots in the morning. The only downside to it is that I cannot use it in the winter, as it is a little too drying in cold weather.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nothing spectacular... I guess it all depends on what kind of coverage you like. If you like a sheer coverage with a nice finish this is ok. I have to have a medium at best.. Just what I prefer.. Spending this amount of money on something sheer seems pointless to me. Might as well get a good tinted moisturizer. The IT Cosmetics CC cream delivers a prettier finish with a whole lot more coverage..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by janeen83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Japan a few years ago and I use it for work. I'm a flight attendant and work 11 hour shifts and this product works great! I think I paid about $57, which is a little more than what I would normally pay for foundation. But in my opinion, it is worth it! I read somewhere that this product line was created for actors/actresses who wear makeup all day. That's why it really does work great for every day wear or for long lasting wear like I do for work. It prevents my face from getting shiny and oily like other foundations would do if I wore it for 11 hours. It feels light (not thick or oily at all!) and it blends really smoothly. I had a Koh Gen Do sponge that came with it but I had to eventually throw it out. The sponge is fantastic too! It doesn't absorb all of the liquid makeup like a lot of sponges do. So now since I don't have their sponge, I just use my finger tips to apply and then blend with a generic sponge.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by alexandrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So first off, I think this is a great product - it really is. It goes on very smooth and doesn't settle into any lines or anything, which is great. I got color 113 and it was a little yellow for my pink skin, but blended well. The only reason I can't wear it anymore is because my skin is extremely sensitive and it made me break out everywhere, so I really just can't keep putting it on. I have a face full of little bumps after using it for only a week. If your skin is oily you're going to want to use a primer or setting powder of some sort, as I found near the end of the work day it started to cake and "slide off".

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Moogeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my two HG foundations along with by Terry Cover Expert. I have the old formula in BE1, which is a good match for my NC20/25 with some olive undertones. The finish is beautiful. It looks great imediately but continues to "melt" into my skin and by hour two it's gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

I have the old formulation which I purchased off HauteLook. I have the color OC-1 which is the perfect color for me. I am around NC 20-25. The formulation is a silky smooth light to medium finish, buildable. If you have blemishes, you will have to use concealer for that extra coverage. It is not super long lasting but still provides 4-5 hours lasting power. This foundation looks so seamless like skin that people would ask me if I am wearing foundation. I have been using it non-stop since I have bought it. I like to apply the foundation with a brush because it gives me a more flawless finish. The packaging is in a glass pump bottle with a cap which I find very sleek. I would repurchase it again at full price but I know this product has been reformulated so I would have to try the new version.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried so many liquid foundations over the years (Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, MUFE Mat Velvet, Clarins Instant Light, Dermablend, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc) and this is by far my favorite along with Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk. It provides some coverage but I still need to use a full coverage concealer (MUFE full cover, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Cle de Peau concealer) for acne scars and pigmentation. The Aqua foundation is amazing as it is nearly imperceivable on the skin! I have very oily, acne-scarred skin which makes most foundations look obvious and cakey but this one doesn't. I use Koh Gen Do's pressed powder (another HG) to set the foundation. This is my HG foundation along with GA's Lasting Silk.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh lawdy this foundation is pricey! Thank goodness I bought mine at a discount from Hautelook. Hautelook should give me kick backs for promoting their website ;) this foundation I think retails for $60 and I got mine for $30 something. Still a pretty penny for any makeup product. I guess it's less sticker shock if you get some sort of a discount. Aside from the price, this foundation is really nice. Smooth application, no offensive perfumey odor, doesn't look cakey, and a pretty good color match for my skintone.

I would recommend this to folks who may suffer from dry patches since I had some earlier due to a new skin regimen and the KGD was the only foundation I could use for a while.

It layers well and is buildable. I am not a fan of heavy foundation and this one goes on lightly almost like a tinted moisturizer with more tint. I use my fingers to apply this because I need to get every last drop out of my bottle and make it last! As for lasting power I'd say this is about average for foundation. Don't expect to sweat and have it not move. Color selection is limited, but if you can find a match, I believe it'll be worth your while if you like a natural makeup look.