April 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Foundations - Koh Gen Do - Aqua Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maisonsteffi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried so many liquid foundations over the years (Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk, MUFE Mat Velvet, Clarins Instant Light, Dermablend, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc) and this is by far my favorite along with Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk. It provides some coverage but I still need to use a full coverage concealer (MUFE full cover, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Cle de Peau concealer) for acne scars and pigmentation. The Aqua foundation is amazing as it is nearly imperceivable on the skin! I have very oily, acne-scarred skin which makes most foundations look obvious and cakey but this one doesn't. I use Koh Gen Do's pressed powder (another HG) to set the foundation. This is my HG foundation along with GA's Lasting Silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh lawdy this foundation is pricey! Thank goodness I bought mine at a discount from Hautelook. Hautelook should give me kick backs for promoting their website ;) this foundation I think retails for $60 and I got mine for $30 something. Still a pretty penny for any makeup product. I guess it's less sticker shock if you get some sort of a discount. Aside from the price, this foundation is really nice. Smooth application, no offensive perfumey odor, doesn't look cakey, and a pretty good color match for my skintone.

I would recommend this to folks who may suffer from dry patches since I had some earlier due to a new skin regimen and the KGD was the only foundation I could use for a while.

It layers well and is buildable. I am not a fan of heavy foundation and this one goes on lightly almost like a tinted moisturizer with more tint. I use my fingers to apply this because I need to get every last drop out of my bottle and make it last! As for lasting power I'd say this is about average for foundation. Don't expect to sweat and have it not move. Color selection is limited, but if you can find a match, I believe it'll be worth your while if you like a natural makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

This review is for the old formulation. I first heard of this brand when I was reading an interview on Glee's makeup artist. It was said that this was the foundation brand they used on the show. I've always admired the Glee stars' makeup on TV because I thought their complexion looked so natural and glowing.

Because of the new formulation, the older ones were being sold for around half off so I took it as a chance to try this foundation out. I'm around NC20 and I use this in shade OC-1. The texture is a bit on the watery side with a thin coverage. The pores on my nose aren't really covered completely. Its strength is not really on its coverage. What I love about is how natural it looks on. It looks just like your skin because its finish looks so seamless. When I started using my other foundations again, I feel like they are a wee bit cakey compared to this. It also feels so light on, like you have no foundation on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ilvmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 43 years old and have found that as I age a lot of the foundations are making me look older by setting into lines and looking cakey...not this one, it is the best i have tried. I only purchase high end foundations and have tried about 20 different kinds over the past year. A very helpful nordstrom sales associate hooked me up with a ton of generous samples...however none of them were that wonderful. Then I read about koh gen do online and through various you tube videos and thought it might be a good line to try. If you contact their customer at koh gen do and let them know your brand and shade that currently matches you, they will send you samples for free. I contacted via email. Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's definitely not heavy coverage, but it has a lovely natural looking finish. It feels like you're not wearing anything at all, and I was told that it's mineral based so it will not oxidize or break you out. I can't give this the full 5 rating because the color selection is very limited and I'm currently mixing OC 1 and OC 2 to get a somewhat close match. Also, I still find it difficult to build coverage, as repeatedly patting my face is time consuming in the morning when I'm in a hurry to get ready for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So incredibly happy with this foundation, it doesn't give me pimples after use it stays on ALL DAY , doesn't make my face oily and has the perfect shade for my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jojoS34

I love this foundation very light and goes on smooth makes my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever used (the Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation is just as good). The Aqua Foundation has a little less coverage.

The ingredients are natural, it is wonderful for sensitive skin and the finish is dewy with build-able coverage. It makes my face look prettier. I heard Koh Gen Do foundations are extensively used in movies and TV shows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best foundation in the world. I could go on and on about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Review of new version.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.

I have oily-combinationskin prone to hormonal acne. I also have very sensitive skin that is very red, especially across the center of my face. I have Asian, very fair skin, about NC15-20. I am super self conscious about my pores, redness, and uneven skin texture. This foundation makes all my problems disappear.

Whether I wear sunscreen underneath or not, this foundation absorbs instantly and becomes one with my skin. It does not accentuate dry patches or exacerbate oiliness. I have no idea why, but with this foundation, I can get away without powdering on non-humid days, which has never happened to me before. My skin just does NOT get as oily with this foundation!

I use my hands to dot/smear the product over my face, and using my fingers, blend randomly in circular motions as if it were a moisturizer, especially in areas where I want to fill in pores. I then take a damp Beauty Blender and dab on top to pick up excess foundation and even out any streaks.

I'm left with perfectly even skin that looks like skin, and not makeup! The finish is not satin, not matte. I would describe it as skin-like, if that's a thing. It's almost dewy, but not quite. It just makes your skin look better.

I wear the shade 213. It's very yellow, no beige. It covers my redness perfectly, and is not too dark at all, which was my initial fear. Because it covers redness so well, my boyfriend commented, "Why is your face so white today?" when I wore it without blush! Those are great words to hear for someone who's been ashamed of rosacea for the longest time.

For my cystic hormonal acne, it doesn't cover up the purple bumps. I use concealer for that.

It lasts pretty much all day, 8-10 hours. Obviously, by the end, my oiliness will have ruined it, but it's kind of expected. I just love how lightweight this feels, yet how much coverage it has. Definite recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No