August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Pro X Intensive Firming Treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by rakava

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for $10 at a Ralph's Close-Out sale or else I would never have tried it. The price rating is compared to other drugstore brands not overall.The sticker on it said $59 and while in my pre-recession days that was a pittance, things have changed. I also would never have paid that much for Olay.

There are 5 masks with a lot of goop on them. It says to leave it on 10 minutes or until the goop is absorbed. I don't think I could ever absorb that much goop.

I like how soft my skin feels but I can't see any firming.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I felt an obligation to write a review since the only other one is not how I feel about it. Plus the more reviews the more of an accurate idea you get. I will be honest it is pretty expensive at $50 for a pretty small amount. I am 18 but use this as an intense hydrating treatment for the health of my skin. Plus it's good to take care of your skin while you're young. The hydration is long lasting, intense, but light, and helps calm my rosacea. I will continue to look for other products but always have come crawling back to this one haha.. I wish it was cheaper and larger though. There is not much of a scent and can be layered with other skincare items i.e perscription creams. Since I do not have deep wrinkles I cannot comment on that, although some of my fine lines have disappeared.

All and all I give it a 9/10 simply because it works great, but is more expensive then I would like.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Abbytabby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This costs about $63.00 US for 5 intensive masks and a small bottle of the skin tightening serum. The masks supposedly contain a full bottles worth of moisturizer in each one and the treatment promises to make you look younger at the end of five days and improve skin's elasticity after three.

Well, the masks make you look like a slasher flick villain and are slippery and hard to get into place and to stay in place. You don't get all the goopy stuff out, but you don't need to because you can't possibly need all this moisture on your face! The instructions tell you to leave the mask on for ten minutes or until most of the serum has been absorbed. Then to pat the rest of the serum in. Well, I was patting and rubbing and trying my hardest to get all the serum into my face and neck and chest. It was a lot of serum. And it was sticky.

The skin tightening serum in the bottle says to use before moisturizer so I would use it before the mask (yeah, because I needed that much more serum) it was your average serum (not worth the pricetag they put on it when you buy it separately IMO)

My skin did feel softer after the skin tightening serum and mask but that was it. My niece said my skin looked more even but I really don't think it did. After the fifth treatment (earlier tonight) I definitely don't look younger, my skin was already pretty firm so I can't speak to the elasticity issue.

Overall, I definitely wouldn't buy this again as it's not worth the price. I got it for free or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No