December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Grow Luscious Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Such a disappointment.

BIG brush. Definitely a matter of preference. Not the best for (my) Asian eyes, but I could still use the wand without getting any product on my skin (by being extra, extra careful of course!). Because it's a fat brush, a lot of product could be brushed onto the lashes in one swipe -- and that's about the only aspect of this product that I like.

The drawback is in its formula. Lashes are not defined. They look clumpy and messy. As for providing length and volume, I wouldn't say there is any contribution. Lashes may appear "thicker" and perhaps a teeny bit "longer", but that's probably due to the simple fact that there is product on the lashes (as opposed to naked lashes). Once the product is dry, it gets a bit flaky. And no, I don't think my mascara is expired or anything. It has only been a month since I bought it, and I've used it like....5 times? Never once did I like the resulting look of my lashes.

This mascara might be great for girls with a thick/full set of lashes and would like to further enhance that fullness. But girls who are not blessed with those lashes (like moi), this is not a mascara meant to "make up" your lashes to look beautifully luscious -- or at least, it failed to do so for me =(

I was drawn to this product because of its label (gosh darn those marketing strategies!): "grow luscious" & "big, luscious, healthy lashes". This totally made me imagine that by using the mascara, its magical ingredients could somehow slowly feed my lashes and nurture it into "big luscious" lashes. Le sigh. I don't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Ece325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After being pleasantly surprised by the regular grow luscious, I decided to give the waterproof a shot in order to deal with humid Maryland summer weather. I was disappointed- the quality did not live up to the original. The mascara smudged later in the day, which is what waterproof is supposed to prevent! Also my lashes stuck together shortly after applying, maybe because of the dry formula. I just noticed while typing this I have flakes under my eyes!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Vandie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to love this mascara, but I have mixed feelings about it. I love how big and long the brush it. I feel that because of its size, I can hold it easily at and angle and get at most of my top lashes in one or two quick sweeps. I can't say I love using this on my bottom lashes, however, since the big brush makes smudging a real issue. The formula in my tube was really wet when brand new, and I will say that even though I've had mine for nearly three months, it hasn't dried out. That, and the darkening and lengthening it does really make me want to like it more. But as other ladies have stated, this has smudged on me even when I have gone bare on my lower lashes. I have a feeling it's got to do with my undereye concealer, which I try to apply carefully and let it set and top with a bit of fine face powder before applying anything to my eyes. I think it just might be attracting my mascara too much! I also have decently long lashes too so that may make it more prone to contacting some concealer perhaps. Whatever the case may be I wish this was truly budgeproof. It seems very fussy for being a waterproof mascara. Typically I associate "waterproof" with long-wearing. That hasn't been the case with this one sadly. :( I love you, Revlon. I love you anyway. *sigh*

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by melanie317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short lashes, I need a mascara to build up and lengthen, I normally use Maybelline (anything) mascara in a black. The store was completely out so I thought I would venture out and get this mascara. But I hate it. So. MUCH. If you have LONG beautiful lashes, THIS is the mascara for you! If you don't, buy it and WASTE your money :/ I is sad because I wasted money and now I have to go and buy another mascara to replace this one. OH YES, I also got the waterproof one because: SUMMER! But I can pick of the mascara maybe an hour and half later because it is so incredibly flaky. I WOULD NOT BUY IT AGAIN.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by allycat7005

I do like this mascara, but every time I wear it, it always smudges under my eye. I don't even put mascara on .y bottom lashes! :( every time I wear this I always have to wipe underneath my eye with a tissue, which is a pain. I will use up the whole bottle and try to find something similar to this. There are better brands out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't been using this long enough to know if my lashes will grow, but that's not what I was looking for when I purchased it. What I like is that this is a simple, non-clumping mascara that adds a decent amount of color. I didn't want lashes that look like false eyelashes.
I had also tried the plumpling version of Grow Luscious, but I didn't like the tendency to deposit small clumps on the lashes.
I do get a small amount of residue under my lower lashes at the end of the day, so I may have to stop applying any to my lower lashes; otherwise, I like this mascara for its natural look and staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Babo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is supposed to be waterproof but two hours after application it is still coming off on a tissue. In addition, I think it is irritating my eyes. I base that assumption on the fact that since I've been using it (3 days) my eyes have been stinging later in the day.

I can't even recall why I purchased it. I normally buy L'Oreal products and will be returning to them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by HealthBeauty10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mascara is supposed to be waterproof, but I experienced smearing and smudging after wearing it a few hours. This didn't happen with revlon's photoready waterproof mascara. I'll just go back to using that one.

I like Revlon. Next to Rimmel it's the best drugstore brand of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by claresmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried so many "waterproof" and "sweat proof" mascaras that didn't work that I was wondering what was wrong with me (same problem with lip stains, but that would be another review". Revlon Lash Potion really works well for me. I wasn't looking for something to lengthen my lashes, though, just trying another waterproof product. It stays on until I take it off. Considering some of the high end mascaras I've tried, I'm amazed that this drugstore stuff really works. I have say that the packaging is ugly. Really ugly. I will be buying this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this was really bad. I actually quite liked the volume it gave me, although the big brush made it go on my eyelids. I don't even have a problem with that though. My main beef with this product is that I got it because the package said "waterproof." But I splashed my face with water, touched my lashes, and already it started to flake off. Umm...? I don't get it. I actually stood in front of my mirror and used *just* water to fully remove this stuff. I just got this because there was a coupon that brought the price down to $3.50. After I went to Six Flags and spent the day in their water park, I realized the necessity for a waterproof mascara as I'd worn a non-WP that day (not really thinking :P). I never really am in a situation where I need one, other than that day. My lashes don't really have a problem holding a curl with my trusty Jordana Best Lash or most any other mascara really. And I don't really experience flaking or smudging with any mascaras. Until I came across this one. And it didn't quite hold my curl, which popular knowledge suggests that WP mascaras are supposed to be able to do. I just don't understand how it completely washed off with water! I even washed and rinsed my hands thoroughly, so there was no natural oil or soap to do the removal. I even have normal/dry-ish skin around my eye area so there wasn't much oil there that could have aided in the easy removal of this mascara. So it's definitely not waterproof, at least on me. That was the main reason I even picked it up, really. :/ I can't believe I'm going to take back a <$5 mascara but I just really feel it's that much of a waste of even $3.50. I'm just going to try another one :(