April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Foundations - Hard Candy - Just Face It - One Step Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rainbowdashies

I ran out of my pricey Kat Von D foundation and can't afford it right now so I went to Walmart and picked one.
Let me just say that I definitely love this stuff! I will keep using it until I can afford my regular again. It is full coverage and sets matte but I still feel the need to apply powder after which I always do anyway. It has great lasting power on my slightly oily but slightly dry skin.
The shade selection is very small. I got the shade light, the second lightest, and it fits my yellowish skin perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by xbdmx

I just picked up this foundation @ Walmart and i'm so impressed with it, I've read so many bad reviews on it, but from the results ive been getting from it, it truly is a nice foundation overall. I've only been wearing it for an hour but the shade hasn't changed and still looks lovely, so I will update the review, there is no smell, and I don't care about smells in foundations or skin products just as long as they work. The texture is sort of medium, I can't really explain it, but it's definitely not watery or too tough, the pigmentation is nice for those with fair skin. I would definitely pick up this foundation again, I actually bought the two bottles that were left on the shelf in my shade, hopefully they re-stock next time I need more, this is a very good foundation for those with fair skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by CorynAudreyxo

This has been one of those foundations that I always go back to and then get tired of again. What I love most about it, is how light it is. You barely can tell it's there. However, as my skin tone changes, this foundation can sometimes come out a yellow tone. I stopped buying again because of that, but I'm sure I'll go back come summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mayzeemae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS FOR MY SKIN TONE. I KNOW EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, BUT FOR MEDIUM SKIN WITH A TINY BIT OF OLIVE..... THE MEDIUM IS FANTASTIC! MATCHES PERFECT. DO NOT NEED POWDER. FLAWLESS. LOVE IT.

AS TO THE OTHER LADIES COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FLAKES..... MAYBE THEY MADE A BAD BATCH OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE MINE DOES NOT DO THIS AT ALL. HOWEVER I ONLY USE A LITTLE BIT AND I PUT IN ON WITH A MAKE UP BRUSH. MAYBE THIS FOUNDATION NEEDS TO BE USED SPARINGLY. JUST A THOUGHT.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on two different to give it a chance and both times ended in disappointment. No matter why shade I chose it was waayyyyy too yellow or orange. It did not match my skin at all! I blended well, I bought a powder to counter the yellow/orange tones but not even that helped. It was also pretty thin so it didn't do a very good job of covering up ANYTHING. Even letting the application dry, and then tying to go over again lightly ended up in a horrible cake face. It settled into EVERY pore, small wrinkle and pretty much anything on my face! :-( I really wanted I like this I even gave it the benefit of the doubt and repurchased just to eliminate the idea of a bad bottle but the result was exactly the same. :-/ I really don't think it was an all-in-one super product because the performance was terrible. It wouldn't even stay on! It would disappear off my face within a couple if hours and it would be as though nothing was ever on my face. I tried shaking the bottle and everything to ensure that all the ingredients were mixed well but it did no good. Maybe my skin type in particular didn't agree with it. I see that this had worked out for some and that's fantastic! It was just a waste of my monu :-/ trial by error

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted to find a cruelty free brand of makeup, and the reviewers on youtube all seemed to love it, so I bought it to give it a try. (And I have Hard Candy glamouflage concealer, which is pretty good, so I thought this would be too).
This makeup is really thick, doesn't blend well, and looks cakey no matter how little powder I put on over it. (I know it says it's one step, but I have really oily skin, so not using a powder isn't an option). I thought it matched my skin pretty well until I looked at it in natural light. It looks like an orange mask. I was going to try thinning it out with moisturizer until I saw how orange it looks in natural light.
Don't waste your money on this. Spend a few dollars more and get something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LogicalIdiot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the worst foundation i have ever used. I bought this from Wall-mart, along with some other Hard Candy products. I've never used this line before and I was excited to try it.

Waste of money. Big time. The strangest thing is these little flakes of what looks to be plastic were all over my face after application. It doesn't make my skin break out, but it doesn't last all day. (I work retail so I don't sweat or anything during the day) I really love to contour my cheekbones, and this foundation does NOT work well with contouring/blending. I used the medium(363) shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by ShawnaRae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is terrible.

I was on the lookout for the brand of foundation that I absolutely love, but unfortunately the store was out and I didn't want to try another store. The Hard Candy brand definitely has their advertising right as I'm always drawn to their little section of the department store, but have never purchased anything for one reason or another. I decided to try this product because it claimed to do all the things that I want a foundation to do.
I have extremely dry skin and some foundations seem to highlight that, which is what I thought was happening when I initially applied it. But upon further inspection, I realized they were little flecks of crap. WTH is the point of this??? The product dried really fast and was extremely difficult to blend. I used a facial wipe and got what I thought was all of it off, and had to borrow my oldest daughter's foundation. Now this morning I am noticing I am still covered in flecks of whatever it is.
This is worse than the Dollar Store make-up!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by amberoertel

Oh my gosh I love this product, yes it does dry to a nice powder, and also it does leave my skin a little oily later on in the day, but again nothing a little blotting can't control, this product covers everything that needs to be covered, and I don't feel the need to put on my concealer and or powder on top of it. The way I use it is pumping it onto the back of my hand and applying it with a foundation brush. I find that its formula is a little gritty, but all in all its a great product and I'm glad I bought it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because my friend suggested it. I have to say its one of the worst foundations I've ever owned and I'm returning it to Walmart ASAP. Its not the fact that I'm applying it incorrectly either like some other reviewers said. I apply it quickly and in small amounts and thin layers and its still awful. It doesn't blend, so the end result is a cakey face. It's very thick in consistency but also dry as hell. It made my face look really flakey. I chose a color as close to my skin as possible and I turned out looking yellow and sickly. My bf even asked me if I was sick. Lots of yellow undertones in this foundation. It was also very pore clogging and difficult to remove. I will definitely never buy this again! On a positive note, the packaging is great. I love the little pump bottle And I'm tempted to keep it for other foundations. The price was also very cheap-about $6 bucks-but you really get what you pay for in this case. I'm going back to my Maybelline 8-1 bb cream!