August 23, 2014 | 1779 users online

Foundations - Hard Candy - Just Face It - One Step Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this with the intention to like it cause I liked the concealer so much.

That didn't happen, I picked it up in the lightest shade and loved the packaging it had a pump, had 1.19 Fl oz. (average foundations only have 1 Fl oz of product). I went home and tried it on, it looked good I applied it normally I didn't like the weird grainy/gritty flex but it went on nicely. The First time and the last time I would like it.

The next couple times I applied it it made my skin look dull I looked like I had dry skin. I have a couple dry patches but my whole face isn't dry but it looked like I didn't even moisturized.

The last time I applied it I did my normal routine didn't change anything than it started stinging, than it started feeling like it was burning. So I took it off and low and behold my face had a few small breakouts and rashes all over. I tossed it in the trashed and have never rephurchased it. It was weird though cause I never had an allergy to foundation before but anyways don't buy this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by angelarose12

I love the way this product works. No primer needed. After I moisturize I go straight to this foundation. It glides on smoothing and doesn't dry too quickly. After I cover my whole face I let it set for a minute then I go back and use it as an under eye concealer and put a little extra on blemishes. At first I feel like it makes my pores look huge and doesn't look flattering. But after an hour... then after a few hours. The foundation looks great! There isn't much more oil production than I usually have. So if you are hesitant on keeping it on your face after first applying, wait a few hours it will look way better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

For the price really it is nice! It is light, but provides enough coverage, the color is nice, I can't say I buy the concept of it being all in one though.! But still, for under $7 really, it is a product i do recommend..it dries on silky on the skin, but a bit mat, so not so much for drier skin, or for those who like a more moisturizing product. More for combination or real young skins..I. mix it with a moisturizer as it dries fast on the skin...I bought it because it was cheap, and I like it..
It won't replace my Bobbi Brown and Guerlain Foundations , but nice little product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by zora3

This foundation made me break out (which rarely -- if ever -- happens). I have a giant zit on my chin that took me completely by surprise. There's no hiding this monster. There are a few smaller zits that aren't nearly as noticeable, but this foundation was the only thing that I changed up so I'm certain this is the reason for my previously calm skin to flair up.

The foundation texture was nice and satin-y. I would still powder, however, just to make it last longer. Color-wise, it wasn't stunning. I had to go up a shade because the shade I should've been was much too pink for my yellow complexion. The pump broke after my third use, which was just before I realized that it was starting to break me out so I didn't feel too badly.

I'm very divided on how to rate this. If it didn't break me out, I would almost love it, especially at its $7 price tag. I would say if you're intrigued to test it out when you don't have anything important coming up. The zit on my chin is no joke. It took up literally half my chin and I rarely get a zit these days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Courtney16

I love that it is all in one.
That saves money if you are on a budget.
The color I bought matches my skin well.
I like the fact that it is a pump and you can get as much as you want without getting too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by wickedful

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It's very hard for me to find a good liquid style foundation because the color never matches, it's overly oily and feels heavy. This feels very light, it blended perfectly for a not-too-shabby coverage and the color matches my skins perfectly. The yellowish base is perfect for my Asian skin. That or I was just lucky that I picked the perfect shade right from the start.

I admit that it probably doesn't do the primer, concealor and foundation all in one because I feel like I could use some concealer underneath but I think it's still pretty great because it's not heavy and cakey. It doesn't feel like I have it on!! I like that it goes on matte because I hate the whole shiny/oily thing and I never have to blot. I don't have the flake problem that some people are talking about. The only time I ever get the flakes is when my skin is really dry because I didn't put enough moisturizer because my skin is very naturally dry anyway.

The price is not to bad either! I bought this at walmart for about $6. Definitely beats the $10-12 ones I used to buy. I like the squirt-pump packaging because I like how I can regulate the amount I want.

I would definitely buy this again. So far Hard Candy products has never let me down. I was a little skeptical at first to try their foundation but I'm so glad I took the risk. I can't see myself finding another foundation that actually works so well with me. It's helping me keep my skin looking almost flawless and it was perfect when I did my engagement photo shoots!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging-wise, I have pretty much no complaints. I love the pump. The product itself is so-so. The shade I use (fair) doesn't appear too yellow/orange-ish on my skin. I would say the coverage is light-medium, but buildable. Even though it has buildable coverage, I would NOT go so far as to say that it serves as a primer, concealer, and foundation, and powder, like the bottle claims. I definitely still need concealer to cover up blemishes and dark circles, and preferably a powder to set the foundation as well. The main thing that ticks me off about this foundation is that once I've blended it into my skin, there are a bunch of tiny, shiny-looking pieces of...plastic (?) on my skin. I can sort of scrape some of them off with my fingernail before it dries completely, but I still think it's a weird quirk for a product to have, and up close, it just looks weird. I will try my best to use this foundation up, but I'm sure I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by angelicawalker

THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING!!!! I was skeptical at first because it has such bad reviews all over the internet but I made a makeupalley account JUST to tell you how frickin awesome this is. Not only is it a primer, concealer, foundation, and powder all in one, but it doesn't get cakey if you do decide to put powder over it. All the colors are really yellow-toned but it's perfect for my asian skin. I've been looking for a cheap yellow-toned foundation for about FOUR YEARS and finally found my niche. If you aren't yellow toned you can easily cancel it out with the right powder or mix it with another color foundation. It has amazing coverage, you can go light if you want or build it up for more coverage. If you do build it up it won't be cakey!! The best part about this is I can go 12 hours without blotting if I had to. TWELVE HOURS. This is the first foundation that didn't leave my skin feeling like moist leather after a few hours. You can't even feel it on your face. It sticks pretty well if you're doing outdoor activities as well as intimate activities. ;) It hasn't made me break out and the pump on the package is so clutch. People say it's better to apply with your fingers but I get the same results using my fingers vs a stipple brush. And can we talk about the price?? It's like what, 7 dollars at walmart? Ahhhh I'm so in love with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I found this to be a pretty decent foundation, but not reason enough to go to a walmart to get this item only. The colors run really pale and yellow! Get the CC, I liked that better ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by rainbowdashies

I ran out of my pricey Kat Von D foundation and can't afford it right now so I went to Walmart and picked one.
Let me just say that I definitely love this stuff! I will keep using it until I can afford my regular again. It is full coverage and sets matte but I still feel the need to apply powder after which I always do anyway. It has great lasting power on my slightly oily but slightly dry skin.
The shade selection is very small. I got the shade light, the second lightest, and it fits my yellowish skin perfectly.