November 28, 2014 | 1435 users online

Foundations - Hard Candy - Just Face It - One Step Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by JenniferParis

The most ideal foundation I have ever purchased, for a number of reasons. Primarily, their formula in the "Fair" shade is the only makeup base I have ever found to match my skin tone perfectly. My skin is fair, with strongly-yellow undertones, but not especially warm. A very neutral yellow. Nearly all other brands of foundation are too pink, or -- if yellow-based -- too warm, and my skin looks sallow. But not this, which is a terrific neutral yellow, instantly making my eyes appear brighter, and my skin look healthy, rather than sickly yellow.

Many other brands, such as Maybelline, oxidize dreadfully on my face, and within a few hours, I have a face two or three shades darker than my natural skin tone. With this, never is that the case. I apply it from the pump nozzle with my fingertips, stipple and blend it out with a huge foundation brush, and it lasts all day, even without setting powder. Coverage is great -- not cakey, but not too thin. My overall look, in fact, is as though I am not wearing makeup at all. In short, the effect I get with this product is one of "invisibility." The price is wonderful. I pick up a bottle at Wal-Mart, for very little.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sophystycat

the packaging is so cute I guess thats why I was drawn to it... but the formula was horrible I got this in the color fair im actually a light medium but in winter my skin gets so pale so thats why I got fair. the color is light. It doesn't have coverage fpr me I feel like its just a sheer mask. also it has little flakes in it and its such a chunky formula. it makes my face look dry. I wish it would have worked but it didnt oh well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Maybe I'm doing some wrong, like applying moisturizer and primer before I apply this, but it applies like cake batter would to my face. It doesn't blend in. It just looks horrid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I have this in the light shade and I love it! Yes, it does appear to have yellowy undertones, but it matches my yellow-y skin PERFECTLY! They offer a ton of really light shades, too, if that's what you need.

I read several of the bad reviews on this product talking about loose pieces of shimmery bits that sit on your face after applying the foundation. I have NOT had this problem. I inspected the inside of my bottle and found nothing. Thus, I feel that these ladies must have gotten a bad batch...or Hard Candy has reformulated.

As far as it being "all in one" foundation, of course I find that impossible. I still use primer and concealer to brighten, but it does have very nice coverage! You really only need concealer for problem areas. Also, the formula is super matte which I LOVE!

The way I've been using it: moisturize & prime (sometimes both, sometimes just one), under-eye concealer (plus cover any break-outs), then dab a couple pumps of this foundation evenly across face (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead) and BUFF it out with a dense stippling brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation on a whim and have to say I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I have very oily skin and this just melts into a soft, smooth, natural looking finish that lasts fairly well without oxidizing. I don't believe this would be good for dry skin as it is a bit on the dry side when applying. I'm also not so sure about the all-in-one claim as I still use concealer wherever needed. I have not found any "plastic pieces" in it or on my face either??
UPDATE: Found that it has mineral oil in it. Although it looks good and wears pretty well, mineral oil is a no-no for pore clogging, etc. Now only use it rarely.. :(
UPDATE: OMG!! There ARE tiny pieces of plastic in it.! I noticed it today and the last time I wore it. Now it's in the trash..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say I really like this foundation. I am always on the lookout for a light-med. coverage foundation that doesn't make me an oil slick within a few hours after application. I had some doubts about this one, due to the slightly yellowish undertones of the "light" shade. However, once on, my face looked flawless and didn't have that made up feel nor tell-tale demarcation line on my face. The effect is slightly matte, with a believable, healthy skin after finish to it. I do have to touch up after about four hours, but not as with some oilier foundations. I don't know about the primer, concealer, foundation, powder 4-in-1 claim, but that's why I have a separate concealer and primer. Not sure I notice a difference with or without the extra steps, but this seems to be a very nice, long-wearing foundation. Only thing it's missing is the spf factor, which I have a separate one for that too! Good foundation found at Walmart for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this with the intention to like it cause I liked the concealer so much.

That didn't happen, I picked it up in the lightest shade and loved the packaging it had a pump, had 1.19 Fl oz. (average foundations only have 1 Fl oz of product). I went home and tried it on, it looked good I applied it normally I didn't like the weird grainy/gritty flex but it went on nicely. The First time and the last time I would like it.

The next couple times I applied it it made my skin look dull I looked like I had dry skin. I have a couple dry patches but my whole face isn't dry but it looked like I didn't even moisturized.

The last time I applied it I did my normal routine didn't change anything than it started stinging, than it started feeling like it was burning. So I took it off and low and behold my face had a few small breakouts and rashes all over. I tossed it in the trashed and have never rephurchased it. It was weird though cause I never had an allergy to foundation before but anyways don't buy this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by angelarose12

I love the way this product works. No primer needed. After I moisturize I go straight to this foundation. It glides on smoothing and doesn't dry too quickly. After I cover my whole face I let it set for a minute then I go back and use it as an under eye concealer and put a little extra on blemishes. At first I feel like it makes my pores look huge and doesn't look flattering. But after an hour... then after a few hours. The foundation looks great! There isn't much more oil production than I usually have. So if you are hesitant on keeping it on your face after first applying, wait a few hours it will look way better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the price really it is nice! It is light, but provides enough coverage, the color is nice, I can't say I buy the concept of it being all in one though.! But still, for under $7 really, it is a product i do recommend..it dries on silky on the skin, but a bit mat, so not so much for drier skin, or for those who like a more moisturizing product. More for combination or real young skins..I. mix it with a moisturizer as it dries fast on the skin...I bought it because it was cheap, and I like it..
It won't replace my Bobbi Brown and Guerlain Foundations , but nice little product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by zora3

This foundation made me break out (which rarely -- if ever -- happens). I have a giant zit on my chin that took me completely by surprise. There's no hiding this monster. There are a few smaller zits that aren't nearly as noticeable, but this foundation was the only thing that I changed up so I'm certain this is the reason for my previously calm skin to flair up.

The foundation texture was nice and satin-y. I would still powder, however, just to make it last longer. Color-wise, it wasn't stunning. I had to go up a shade because the shade I should've been was much too pink for my yellow complexion. The pump broke after my third use, which was just before I realized that it was starting to break me out so I didn't feel too badly.

I'm very divided on how to rate this. If it didn't break me out, I would almost love it, especially at its $7 price tag. I would say if you're intrigued to test it out when you don't have anything important coming up. The zit on my chin is no joke. It took up literally half my chin and I rarely get a zit these days.