January 26, 2015 | 1271 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Studio Matte Lip Color

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 1:19:00 PM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING! By far the BEST matte lip color I've ever tried. So worth it! My favorite color is natural

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 8:56:00 PM More reviews by rbkh

Very impressed with these matte formulas- glides on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips or settle in my lip lines. my only gripe is the color selection - very limited (and the pics online aren't reliable) but generally very wearable shades. I have found the best use for this as a lipliner under my lipsticks for better adhesion and it works like a charm. Have one in every color. Will repurchase on my next haul, hopefully they have more colors by then!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 10:29:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love lipsticks in a twist up pencil format, and these are no exception. I own every color, and enjoy them all. I took one lippie off for inconsistency. Some colors are very creamy, verging on an almost shiny finish, while others are so matte that the pencil drags on the lips. Some of them also have a bit of a crayon-like scent to them. All of them are still wearable, I just find it odd that the formulas can be so different across the same line.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:02:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great product, comes with a sharpener, formula is great, colors are opaque and good for the money you pay for it. If they had a wider color selection, it would be even better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Nikkinak44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the color of this lip color, but it really dries out my lips . The color isn't the longest lasting, but I do like the creamy texture of this lipstick. Although, about a week after purchasing, the top of the lipstick came out of the stick thingy. I can still use it, but have to be careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Simply lovely! Get ur hands on these! I have Natural & Nude. These are "my" colors in my wheelhouse I repeatedly buy over & over because each one from a diff brand is a tinge different. I liked these a lot. The colors are beautiful if you like stuff like Kim K lips/MAC Angel/Nars Belle de Jour/wnw Bare It All/wnw Think Pink/basically any MLBB but there is a twist in that this is very matte. It WILL dry out your lips if ur not on top of your game on lip exfoliation/lip balms when ur not wearing it. I prefer glosses, but it's nice to have options esp for USD$3!! Durrrrr I didn't kno it has a sharpener, that's why I luv MUA! (Thank you for pointing out the sharpener!). Luv the sleek packaging, it is elegant & makes it look more expensive than it was. I am like everyone in that I wish there were more of a color selection. These wear well & don't budge much unless you eat or drink but they last through smoking esp if you apply them on "naked" lips they seem to last longer than over primer/foundation/balms/gloss over it (my experience). This is a good product for every day use & will flatter a lot of complexions/colorings. These are not-to-be-missed! I want praline! Usually when I peruse the elf section of the stores' makeup aisles I see the red, natural, nude, & I've also seen tea rose. Red/tea rose don't interest me but praline would. I love elf, I have many of their products & would rebuy again and again. Some of their products are a little more obscure than others (Gotta Glow blusher, Natural Nymph lipstick et al), but I've heard they have sales on their website. I do wish they would feature all of their products when a store carries a "full" elf display. I dislike having to order items online if I can help it, it gives me an aversion to buying the product, discourages me from spending money on their brand, & encourages me to spend my money on other more accessible items that are actually stocked in the brick-and-mortar-stores instead. Elf ur losing my money to your competition so please consider stocking your displays w more items! Consumers want to buy them (am I right?)...but not everybody is gonna scour the Internet, I am more passive in spending my money & will tend to impulse buy somexs rather than deliberately ordering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this very much. I have the shade nearly nude, and I really like the color but the texture is just...off. It feels slightly grainy to me, and it does not look smooth when applied. I will finish the product, but I don't think I will purchase another. I much prefer Wet n Wild for a cheap matte lip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got coral and nude colors a while ago, and they didn't impress me that much. I have seen swatches of tea rose and always wanted it. So I recently picked up natural and tea rose. First of all, natural is such a nice nude color, it's similar to MAC blankety which is my HG nude.
But I just tried tea rose and it's the most beautiful shade of plummy brown pink I can't even describe it. Really it's so perfect I can see myself only using this color for the rest of my life. If you only get one, get tea rose!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great to use as a lipliner or alone, slightly drying but if you use a gloss or lipstick over it, it's really not a problem. Really enjoying this product. Great color

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

These are great matte lipsticks for the price. Some of the reviewers dislike the dryness and settling into lip lines. That's the definition of a matte. It is dry and if you have a lot of lines or dry flakey lips this will look like a hot mess on your lips. Expatiate and balm and night treatments are my mantra. If you really don't like your lines then stay away from mattes and stick to creamier and slightly glossier formulas. The wear period for me was a little over average without eating or drinking about 5 hours. I did have to re apply after a meal. I have praline, Tea Rose, Rich Red and Natural. For the price I leave them in my desk drawer at work in case I forget a lippy or carry in my pocket if I'm not carrying a bag. The long Pencil like applicator and pointy end (by the way there is a sharpner in the bottom) makes it easier for me to apply with out a mirror (except Red) There is a slight vanilla sweet taste to these but not obnoxious in my opinion. Bottom line if you like mattes and are on a budget these are a good buy limited colors but ELF is slow to move on expanding a line until they know it's going to be a good one.

11-5-14 - little update on these. I still love them HOWEVER, I own 4 and every single one of them was not properly attached to the bottom of applicator so if I had them un capped turned them over the whole product has come out of the applicator!!!!!!! No big disaster yet but they could get caught in cap, fall somewhere smush or get on clothing etc. BIG fail for me on that level. Plus when they are loose they swivel and don't apply easily. I know they are only $3 but product falling out of cap in all cases means there's a problem ELF and you need to re-think the process!