July 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Studio Matte Lip Color

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in nearly nude. It's just ok. I wasn't overly impressed but I didn't hate it. I like the color but it has little staying power

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the red color and at first I liked it but with what I find with most Eyes Lips Face products they go bad really quickly. The product was very hard to apply and got everywhere. The color what very intense and not what I was expecting. I will not be buying this again because to me this product was not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm conflicted on this product. I bought this in the red color and Nearly Nude. The red was beautiful. Nice and bright and truly matte. The nude was a terrible color though, and it made me look washed out. It also seemed like it didn't apply as well as the red. The red stayed on for a good while, but it rubs off on ANYTHING you come near. The packaging was cheaply made; both the bullets broke after a few uses. I will probably go back ad get another of the reds, but the nude was not worth my time or money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I like e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color a lot because when I wasn't confident enough to wear "real" lipstick, this is what I started with because $3 is a good price for these good quality lipstick pencils. You remember Darlene from the show Roseanne? That was me until I was 19. Anyway, The matte this lipstick provides is a true hardcore matte, but it is drying so I suggest moisturizing your lips & then blotting maybe half of it off before applying this product.

Let me start by saying the colour variety isn't good; there's Coral, Natural, Tea Rose, Praline, Nearly Nude, & Rich Red. They're ALL basically natural/nude colours, with the obvious exception being Rich Red. I think all the other colours are too light for me & wash my out completely. Matte Lip Colour doesn't really provide a nude colour for people with dark/black skin. I have two tubes: Nearly Nude & Rich Red. I think Nearly Nude is disgusting, but Rich Red is a gorgeous tone. As with any matte lipstick, be sure you exfoliate & moisturize your lips before applying this!

For those of you who haven't noticed, there actually is a sharpener at the bottom of the lipstick. The section at the bottom of the the tube that's the colour of the lipstick - pull that off! It's a sharpener! I really like & appreciate that e.l.f. included that because we all know what a pain it is to use a lipstick/pencil that has dulled. I love these lipsticks, but after I finish up Rich Red I won't buy another until a wider range of colours becomes available.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mrsemmaburton

I was looking for a peach lipstick the other day and found this stuff in "coral." I bought it and fell in love with the color. It is the perfect shade of subtle peach and looks so gorgeous against bronzed skin. It is matte, so it's best to wear with hydrated, exfoliated lips and looks super gorgeous with a little sheer lip gloss over it. I really love E.L.F. products -- they really are quality and the packaging is always beautiful and their prices are unbelievable. This stuff was only $3 and it really is a great lipstick to add to your collection!
To see how it looks on me, you can view my blogpost about it here: http://www.inspireandinstyle.com/blog/2014/5/26/peachy-keen

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by kap428

I bought this product in the colour tea rose and love it! It was only $8 AU and a great alternative to spending $50 on a matte lipstick that would crack and feel bad when I only wanted the colour. This shade is about 1 shade pinker then my own lips and it gives a flawless and soft feel I absolutely love. It feels like a heavier lip balm and looks like a light matte lipstick. ( I apply a light transparent lip balm like Maybelline baby lips untinted lip balms and then apply it and blot my lips to remove excess product. Then reapply colour as needed.) ideally enjoy the natural and soft Finnish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I have the Matte Lip Color in Rich Red and it's definitely red! I can't vouch for it's staying power but the color is very intense. It also gets all over the place... Within a few minutes of putting it on I suddenly had it on my hand and cup and places I didn't know even came near my mouth. So I warn you: blot after you put it on!!!!

I had to take off a lippie because I went and bought the "Nearly Nude" and it is not pretty. It sticks to every imperfection on my lips....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in Tea Rose, Praline, Red and a clear version. I'm using them as lip-liners which although a little on the thick side works well for me. I have also used them as all-over lip colour and applied gloss over for longlasting lip colour. They are an absolute bargain, I just wish ELF had more colours - I'd love a Plum and a Mid Pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by shmekalt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge lipstick wearer but when I saw this at WalMart for $3, I figured I'd try it. Matte sounded good to me, I figured it'd be sort of like a stain but not so annoying to get off. And it's definitely time to throw out my CoverGirl Outlast that I've had for waaaayyyy too long.

I bought "Rich Red" and tried it that night, and I love it! It's definitely not a stain, but after dabbing with a tissue to get excess off, the rest stays put pretty damn well. Great color, great durability, great price...I'll definitely buy it again when I'm out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AyoItsJessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product today at walmart for $3 and I actually like it. I never bought any E.L.F. lip products so it was really new for me. I got it in the color praline and it's a nice nude for my lips. My boyfriend even liked the color on me. It is kinda dry so I put on some lip balm before I wore it. Overall, for the price, it's a good product.