April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Studio Matte Lip Color

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by qiqiours

I bought two of those. One is nearly nude. It's a pale nude color I like to use as a base.

I also got the color tea rose. I thought it would be a muted pink mauve; but when I put it on my lips, It was way too dark and muted, almost grayish.. yuck.

The package is fine though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ANgelafletcher

Great for the price! Has a sharpener in the end so that's great. Color on the end doesn't match color on the stick but I already knew the color (rich red) so that wasn't a factor for me. But rich red isn't dark burgundy like the end cap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lexy95

Smells like a crayon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's alright but has crappy lasting power. I wish they had more colours. I found the pencil was not moisturising, but it is to be expected with matted products. I found the pencil itself to be a bit flimsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is simply okay. I felt as of the shades were unflattering on my skin tone. However, the formula is not drying at all and pretty moisturizing for a matte product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

Not for me. Bought it in coral. Accentuated dry lips and was unflattering on my NC20 skin. Might try the red color but this was disappointing. Still love ELF, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Katherine0128

I am in love with this product! I have it in red and it is amazing. One of my coworkers used to wear it all the time and I loved it so I finally asked her what it was and I was surprised when she said it was from elf. It is such a nice color. Sometimes I wear it as it is and sometimes I wear it with black eyeliner under to make it darker.
***I should mention that I bought this in nude and did not like it at all. It was very drying and cracked my lips. The red one is moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I purchased this from the Dollar Store the other night in Tea Rose. It is a very matte mauvy color and very flattering. It is very matte, so it WILL dry the lips out if you don't keep up with your lip care.
The color is very pretty and looks nude on me. It wore for over 6 hours and then faded nicely. I even put balm on it and it didn't move much. I would definitely buy again, especially for a buck lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this in Natural. Beautiful 'natural' color; ironically, I don't find the formulation to be natural-looking in any way. The slight cool toned rose pink is quite pretty, but it might make those with yellow/warm undertones look a bit pale or "off". I have yellow undertones that on some days disappear and become extremely pink, so sometimes when I wear it, I look sickly and other times, the color fits rather well. Either way, I like the color a lot. Sadly, it is too drying and the texture seems to hang onto my lips quite poorly. Of course I use a lip balm prior, as I do with all lip products. Still, I find the formula too drying. Yes it's matte and that's another wonderful aspect of this product; but a matte attribute is no justification for a poorly moisturizing product. Nor is the affordable price. It's $3 and that to me makes sense for a lip product. Most makeup (and other) products are way too overpriced, so just because an item is cheap doesn't mean its standard should be lowered. Hence, $3 doesn't mean the dry formula is acceptable. Oh, but the dryness is something I can live with as it's easily fixed by lip balms. What I can't seem to like is the way it falsely appears in my lips. I guess I like my lip products to adhere more naturally and beautifully. The packaging is no issue. The color actually allows some sleekness to such an inexpensive item. It's also handy for traveling. Love the convenient sharpener. Because this item is $3 and won't break my wallet, I am willing to buy another one in a different color to test out the formula (as I know it could vary greatly especially with E.L.F. products). Hopefully my next one will be more moisturizing. So far, the only thing I like about it is the color. The quality so far makes it worth only about $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by CorrinaCornish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I only bought this matte lip colour a couple of weeks ago but it's already becoming a firm favourite of mine!

I bought it for £3.75 from the UK website. There was an offer on & I got £20 (about $33) worth of products for £10 ($16) which was brill. They always seem to have an offer on! I will review the other items as well.

Anyway I have always struggled to find a neutral, nudeish lipstick. I have a light olive-medium complexion (dark hair and hazel eyes) so a lot of the lighter colours make me look washed out and ill. However I bought this in CORAL and i have to say it's the perfect shade for me. I used to wear brighter colours during the day because of my issues with nuder lippies, but I much prefer wearing this, gives a much more subtle and natural look for during the day

The lipstick can be bit drying - however it is matte so to be expected i guess. Generally good lip care with balm should prevent chapped/flakey lips with this colour.

I use a lipbalm (Carmex) and let it dry slightly. I then apply Rimmel's 1000 kisses lip liner in indian pink. Then i apply the lip colour itself. Because the lip liner is darker i slightly blend the two products - my lips are not huge and this makes them look fuller and plumper. I sometimes use lipcote on top to increase staying power, but it seems to have quite a good lasting effect by itself as well.

I was a bit apprehensive about elf products - the price is too good to be true! But I have got to say I am very impressed.