November 23, 2014 | 1063 users online

Toners - 100 Percent Pure - Purity Toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Contrary to many of the other reviews, I love the fact that this comes in a glass bottle. I think it's classy and eco-friendly since I almost always re-use toner bottles when I run out. I must admit though, like others have said, the smell is not great at all but I can live with it. I normally put apple cider vinegar on my face, so this toner is a step up in the fragrance department compared to what I used to use.

I've noticed that this keeps my acne at bay and has not caused any irritations or breakouts whatsoever.

overall very pleased with the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mix feelings about this product!! Here are my thoughts about this toner:

1) It smells bad like other reviewers stated, although the smell doesn't bother me. It has a very STRONG lavender mix with tea tree oil smell. It smells like a bug repellent I bought from Whole Foods. If you cannot tolerate the smell of witch hazel toner, you are going to think this toner smells 10 times worse than the witch hazel toner.

2) I don't see any acne clearing effects or any miracles. In fact, I'm scare to use other acne products of 100% pure because they add algae extract in some of their acne products. Algae extract causes cystic acne on my face & it has been shown to be comedogenic.

3) I have to take off one star for the following reason: 100% pure recently changed their packaging of all of their toners. They come in a very HEAVY glass spray bottle and the size is smaller now (6 oz cuts down to 4 oz now). The spray does not work so I have to put the toner on my palm and pat the liquid gently on my face. The price is the same but the bottle is smaller now!!

4) I give 4 stars because the ingredients are natural. But 100% pure recently have cut down the # of "Organic" ingredients on their products. When I bought their products 5 years ago, there used to be at least 7 or 8 ingredients (top ingredients) that are organic. Now only the top 2 (or 3 if you are lucky) ingredients are Organic and the rest are just plant extracts from somewhere unknown. They do market their products as 100% natural & Not 100% organic, but it may still be misleading to the consumers. We might think that we are getting 70-80% organic ingredients, but we are only getting less organic ingredients from 100% pure (rest are "natural" ingredients).

I won't repurchase this toner because I don't like the new packaging and I don't feel like putting up with the bad smell anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jaymovez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It seemed pretty good in the beginning since it's supposed to be a hydrating toner, but it eventually caused some irritation and bad reactions.

The smell isn't great, but I didn't find it as bad as everyone else said. My skin is on the drier side so I really wished this was hydrating. It seemed good initially, but eventually my skin felt very irritated and sort of drier.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by yogibear1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really torn about how to rate this. Don't get me wrong its a great product but... 100 percent pures toners piss me off and heres why. The toner itself is good I like it but that 5 month expiration date is bullshit. I've bought 2 of their toners at different times and both of them went bad about a month and half after I got it with roughly 70% left. And when I say it went bad we're talking the full monty, the smell went off, the color changed and it started breaking me out. I mean it was inevitable wasn't it? That much water content and no preservatives? No wonder it went bad! Don't misunderstand I adore 100 percent pure and their creed, it's still my favorite skincare line but their toners shelf life sucks ass! I wish they would sell it in a smaller size and adjust the price accordingly. Maybe about 2oz in a glass spray bottle to help prevent contamination and that amount could be used up in 1 1/2 months. What actually pisses me off the most is when I called 100 percent pure to tell them that their toners go bad looong before the expiration date, the lady I got kept trying to tell me that it hadn't gone bad it was just that ingredients "so natural sometimes change color and smell because they are so pure".
...
Yeah sweetie that still doesn't mean it didn't go bad. There is a difference between air, light and time just naturally affecting the color and smell a bit to it has gone ALL the way effin bad let me put my hazmat suit on to properly dispose of this.
*The lady I talked to was actually very nice she was just wrong and that last bit bout the hazmat suit was a slight exaggeration but you get my point.*

100percentpure I still love you, still a loyal customer baby but work on your toners.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Hahaha! wow, people are tripping about the smell, yes the smell is a little odd but its not disgusting. It smells like parsley or marinara sauce, as weird as that sounds its really the best description for it. But its a nice toner, its not irritating/burning/drying like a lot of toners are and it gets the job done, wipes away any leftovers from makeup and cleanser. And my skin feels fresh and bright afterwards. This has a small effect on healing my brake outs but not a huge one, wouldn't recommend this for eliminating all pimples, but it does help. And i like the glass jar, its looks pretty, just obviously be careful with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by RaspberryRoses

This product is one of the worst beauty products I have ever smelled. It smells like rotten honeysuckle and sugar mixed with lavender, it was awful. Not a fan also of the glass bottle it came in I feel that that is very likely to have gotten broken rolling off the bathroom counter, being dropped, bumping against another product or broken while traveling. I also find the smell lingers on the skin for a long time. I don't mind the smell of the cleanser/mask 2 in 1 so I think its just this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by yingsb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really want to love this toner. But it was killing me!!! The smell was sooooo bad. I decided to bear the smell and had a try on my face. I believe it had alcohol, because it burned my eyes!! I threw it away. Im not buying it again! Not Recommend at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a terrific product! Love the smell and it really gets any residue off from my cleanser and mask. Perfect product to use before I apply my moisturizer/treatment. I also use it on a cotton ball to wipe my cell phone clean because I know a dirty phone can cause breakouts......

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No