July 25, 2014 | 2007 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Glam'eyes Quad - Beauty Spells

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A cool toned mauve/purple quad. I bought another Rimmel trio on the same day that was great... this one not so much. Not sure what the problem is, it was like they were two different brands, perhaps the trio had been reformulated. The shadows were very inconsistent. The pale purple shimmery highlight is very pigmented, so much that I had to blend and blend... and it stuck like glue. I literally had to scrub with my finger to knock down the shimmer enough to coordinate well with the other shadows. The mauve is ok, just a bit sheer but creamy and easy to blend, and a very neutral pretty color. The light purple is terrible, beautiful in the pan but next to impossible to get color on the eye. I piled and piled and still couldn't see it. The black was ok, similar to the mauve in pigmentation and consistency. Quite a frustrating quad. I will say the mauve, black, and highlight made a nice looking eye alone, and they lasted all day (over primer). Just go easy on the highlight and forget the purple is in the pan, lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really more of a 2.5. I actually bought 3 of these new Glameyes quads because Walgreens was having their half off Rimmel sale and they are very good about returns (which they were, I returned them all, no problem). The packaging on these is eye-catching. Perhaps the fact that I have just bought WnW Comfort Zone and Blue Had Me at Hello has my standards very high. The color payoff is decent, not great. And I always use a primer, MAC brushes, usually wet for d/s shadows. So I know how to apply. Really not great blendability so I was having a hard time putting a look together and decided it just wasn't worth it to keep these, I have too many other great shadows. YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I don't really know much about Rimmel. I was in Walmart and this was just an impulse buy on sale for $3.47. All of the Glam'eyes Quads looked pretty. Since I don't really know how good the brand is, I only bought this one. Beauty Spells is a cool toned quad. On the back of the container, Rimmel lists each color as a number and they tell you where to apply them which is helpful. Color #1 (lid color) is silvery cool light purple and it has decent pigment and a lot of shimmer. Color #2 (crease color) is a cool pinkish mauve with tiny sparkles with some fallout. I didn't like Color #2 at all it was hardly any pigment! Color #3 (highlight) is a shimmery silver white with tiny sparkles and it's not that pigmented and I got the most fallout with this color. Color #4 (accent "v" color) is black with silver tiny sparkles and it has average pigmentation but blends well. I put the whole look together and it was a lack luster bland run of the mill finish. I do really love color #1 though and will look forward to using that color. I also do love Rimmel's packaging on their Glam'eyes e/s but I'm alset with trying any other of their shadows. Overall, I give this not a three but a 2.5.