September 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - Tiger in the Wild

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

This is a gorgeous palette. I am really wow'ed by Chantecaille's design on their palette and their attention to detail. This and the Bengali palette was my first Chante eye palette purchases and let me warn you--once you start, you will go back for more! :) So, I was aware of that fact but unique almost works of art palettes like this has an almost irresistible appeal to me. In MUA terms, it must be a very strong lemming (to put it lightly). I-got-2-have-it kind of deal LOL.

Like any MU aficionados using this palette was a concern because I did not want to mess up the beautiful design that's etched on the shadows. So, I carefully used the sides of the tiger's face and lifted off the shiny overspray so that it actually looks like the "shadow" on the tiger's face, which gives the shadow more dimension LOL (I can honestly say that I feel safe posting this on MUA because elsewhere people will look at you like you're cray). So, ladies, just use the side carefully if you do want to mess up the design.

The finish of the shadow on my lid is a natural satin finish with a lovely sheen. This palette is so very office appropriate and actually easier to work with because it doesn't have crazy pigmented e/s so that translate to less fallout, easier blending etc etc. These shadows are great for mature skins since they are not overly shimmery or overly matte. It's a wonderful purchase for me and a luxury to own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This was my first palette from Chantecaille and i have to say that it is amazing. The other 2 MUAers have done a fantastic job descriving them so i won't go into the details. Would repurchase if it was available.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use MUA primarily as a research resource, and rarely post. However, this palette is so outstanding that I'm compelled to come on here and write a review. I hadn't originally planned to get this but after experiencing other Chantecaille shadows and reading some of the reviews I couldn't help but pull the trigger on this palette. For weeks I didn't touch it, thinking it either a) too pretty to use, or b) too light/frosty/cool for me (warm FFF, brown eyes, blonde hair). After reading about the overspray I finally got up the nerve to ruin the beautiful shadow patterns and try it. Wow. The lighter color looks silver in the pan, but once swiped it comes out a neutral semi-matte light creme. The middle color reads a sparkley grey in the pan but once swiped goes on a beautiful, almost indescribable grey. Gunmetal? it has a bit of a warm tone to it, maybe pewter, with subtle shimmer. The darkest color reads a bright cornflower blue (to me anyway), but once swiped is a gorgeous deep greyish-blue, that is highly pigmented and makes a fantastic liner. This makes for a fantastic smokey eye! The blush is to die for once you get past the overspray...a happy warm peach. I can't say enough about this palette.. the only downside is that it's LE and once I use it up...it's gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only one word to describe this limited-edition palette: SUBLIME. For the first time in a long time, the product that arrived at my doorstep actually resembled the promo picture. The palette does not come in a box; it comes wrapped in protective padded paper that is then slipped inside a navy silk drawstring pouch. Unlike the nickel mirrored packaging of the potted glosses and Ma palettes, the Tiger palette is a slightly less-reflective, shiny steely grey--like the color of the Lip Chic tubes. So lovely!

Inside are three eyeshadows and a blush. The eyeshadow colors are Cream, Pewter, Indigo, and a blush called Persimmon. All the shadows have a faint pearlized shimmer that melts into the skin and just gleams; the formulation lies somewhere between the Lasting and Shine eyeshadow texture and would be perfect for skin of any age. Cream (the base) is a neutral fleshy beige; Pewter (lid) is a cool-neutral light-grey taupe, and Indigo (definer) is a deep-but-sheer navy (do I detect a hint of plum?). All colors are semi-sheer, can easily be layered for more depth, and all blend absolutely seamlessly together.

The eyeshadow colors were all love at first sight, but the Persimmon blush was a little scary at first. The overspray makes all colors in the palette appear bright and sharp, almost harsh, and the lifeguard-orange heat of that blush looked completely incongruous next to the cool-neutral eyeshadows. Knowing I was about to enter the point of no return, I swiped the surface and applied to the back of my hand. Yep, orange. I swiped again, and a soft coral emerged. I swiped yet again, and suddenly the blush transformed into a subtle, soft apricot-pink color that looked surprisingly good on my very fair, cool-neutral (pink-porcelain) skin.

Worn together as designed, this palette creates a subtle but sophisticated look that glows. Absolutely gorgeous, refined, and classic. I said I would buy again, but by the time I use it up and want it another, it will be long gone. If you like a subdued but polished look, don't let this one get away.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No