August 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Skincare - Face - La Mer - Radiant serum

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

I tried a sample, used it for a while, it didn't have any positive impact to my skin at all, maybe even some negative. Nevertheless, I ended up buying this product. I finished it quite quickly, there was 0 improvements, so I definitely not repurchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by su1717ie

My face definitely looks more radiant as compared as before .. See more significant difference as compared to the Regenerating Serum .. Will definitely purchase this product again if I have the extra cash .. Absorbs fast and smells alright ..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JK23

Eh - this is very lightweight. Almost a gel. It has the marine smell that most La Mer products have and absorbed quickly. It definitely helped moisturize my skin but I'm looking for something a little heavier.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lng13

Very iffy in a weird way about this product. I feel like continuous use of The Radiant serum is not as good as sporadic use. After a 2 month trial, my skin was visibly brighter and tighter. My boss kept asking me why I looked like a college freshmen again! But after some time, the radiance declined a bit and plateaued so, I switched to something else and went back. The same effect again! It's as if my skin gains tolerance to the serum and needs to be weaned off before using it again. As with all serums, I let it sit there for 15 minutes before layering anything else on, as this is the recommended time it takes for topical applications to really sink in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by BronBron86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As an avid user of La Mers radiant infusion for almost a year, once I heard about the radiant serum I couldn't wait to get my hands on a sample. Although the tube was only 3ml and I used it twice daily, it lasted about a week as it is a very runny gel that spreads easily over your skin. This means a full bottle should last a very long time which makes it quite good value despite the La Mer price tag. It also means I no longer use the radiant infusion so I'm saving there as well.

So what does this new 'miracle' serum do? As the name suggests the main aim is to improve the radiance by minimizing dull, rough dead skin and lightening pigmentation and scarring. The process not only gives you a healthy glow almost immediately but contains antioxidants and other ingredients to help prevent future damage from sun/toxins that may lead to a dull complexion. Within a few applications my skin was noticeably smoother and firmer to the touch and pores appear smaller and more toned.

The only thing to careful with is anyone with really dry skin will definitely need a good moisturizer after as the serum may slightly reduce the skins natural oils. I have skin that is neither dry nor oily and I get away with La Mers gel moisturizer no problems. The only other problem I have is deciding wether to use this serum morning and night or to use the regenerating serum at night. I'm only 24 but I'm paranoid about aging and believe the regenerating would be better at preventing lines and loss of elasticity. I'll have to consult my La Mer cosmetician!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by skingeek

I have just started using La mer products a month back - I was using La Mer Gel which i felt use to make my skin tight and no matter how much i used it just wasn't enough. My skin started feeling more dry. So I switched over to La creme de la mer, which is more suitable to my face and plus i don't need to use so much at once like the gel.
Recently, I got a la Mer radiating Facial where I had an opportunity to try the radiant serum. It just felt so great on touch. I purchased the product and absolutely love it. After 3 days - my skin looks more healthier and radiant. My skin tone is more even.
I use it morning and evening followed by la creme de la mer.
La mer cleanser and toner is a waste of money in my opinion as the "cleanser" is to clean the face and remove any bacteria which can be achieved with any mild cleanser and same goes with the toner. It's worth spending on the creme and serum, which works itself though day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got samples of Radiant Serum when I bought the moisturizer, and it is GREAT. Combine this with their other products and my skin has a new glow that wasnt there 3 months ago. I love the way my skin looks, the brown spots have started to fade slightly and it's just more robust. Will definitely purchase again.

Use sparingly, a little goes a long way!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a dedicated user of the creme for 10 years, though it is the only product in the La Mer line that I've had success with. Again, this didn't work for me. Immediately on application it made my skin burn and it left it VERY dry. Thank god I only got a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by mkohler

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried to write this review online for Lamer, and they will not accept it. I have been a long-time user of LaMer products, and I love their Lifting Face Serum. Apparently, they are discontinuing it in favor of the Radiant Serum and the Regenerating Serum. I have tried both, and both have left my face dry and unable to use my makeup well. I have tried and tried to speak to "America's Care Center" which is the "go-between" for LaMer. One woman was rude, and the other was unhelpful. This is an expensive product, and, for me personally, it does not work on my skin. However, more importantly, they will not allow a review of mine to go through on the LaMer site, as it is not a good review. They told me they scan for certain words, and it those words are in there, they will not publish it. When I asked what words, they would not tell me, so they will never publish my reviews. LaMer is a very expensive product, and they will only allow reviews that are positive, thus they are misleading the customer. I love numerous of their products, so I would have thought they would be interested in what a loyal customer said, but they were not. All this is true, again for me personally, of the Regenerating Serum. I will be posting this same thing on the site. It would seem they should know better than any of us that not every product works on every person, so they should not discontinue products that work. If they want to introduce new products, I think that is wonderful, but not at the expense of discontinuing products that work. Again, these are expensive products, so I felt an obligation to write this review. If these products work for others, I think that is great, but they do not work for everyone, and LaMer does not want others to know that.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by suchetab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

La Mer just launched this product like 3 weeks ago. I got a sample of it from my SA at Nordstrom. I was afraid to try it because I was positive that it would contain something that would give me breakouts so I called La Mer and asked them to email the ingredient list and here it is --

DECLUSTERED WATER (+), DECLUSTERED WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, METHYL GLUCETH-20, PEG-75, ALCOHOL DENAT, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER , YEAST EXTRACT, BUPLEURUM FALCATUM ROOT EXTRACT, ST. PAUL'S WORT EXTRACT, POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM ROOT EXTRACT, CRITHMUM MARITIMUM EXTRACT, ASCOPHYLLUM NODOSUM EXTRACT, GRAPE SEED EXTRACT, ROSEMARY EXTRACT, LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT, SPIKE MOSS EXTRACT, PALMARIA PALMATA EXTRACT, HOPS EXTRACT, LAMINARIA SACCHARINA EXTRACT, TANGERINE PEEL EXTRACT, POMEGRANATE FRUIT JUICE, ASPARAGOPSIS ARMATA EXTRACT, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, GLYCERETH-26, MICROCOCCUS LYSATE, ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE, ALGAE EXTRACT, SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE, LINOLENIC ACID, CAFFEINE, SUCROSE, COENZYME A, PEG-8, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA ESTERS, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, OLETH-5, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, SQUALANE, OLETH-10 PHOSPHATE, SORBITOL, ERGOTHIONEINE, TOURMALINE, LINOLEIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, TETRAACETYLPHYTOSPHINGOSINE, OCTADECENEDIOIC ACID, GLYCERIN, METHYLDIHYDROJASMONATE, CHOLETH-24, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, CETETH-24 CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, LINALYL ACETATE, NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID CYCLODEXTRIN, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL, MANGANESE CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, GREEN 5 (CI 61570)

So far no breakouts. Will do a detailed review in a few weeks.