September 1, 2014 | 1407 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection in Divine

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed by all of the positive reviews and glad that this lipstick worked out for so many but for me this is one of the worst lipsticks I have ever used, like seriously I hate this lipstick with a passion :/ I purchased this years ago and its just been sitting in the bottom of my makeup case going unused, I recently tried experimenting with it, layering, using over lip liner, mixing with other similar lipstick colors and nothing worked out. I don't buy Cover girl products with the exception of my HG mascara/Lash blast volume but the beautiful unique color of this lipstick was too much to resist so I gave in, wrong thing to do. This lipstick is extremely drying even over loads of lip balm, like I'm talking reapplying balm all throughout the day and still having hard flaky chapped lips at the end of the night drying. I found myself applying at least every 15-20 mins to get the color back because it faded and turned a totally different color all together (Hot pink), which was annoying I have nothing against hot pink lips but if that's what I wanted that's what I would've bought in the first place, lastly this stuff stains the hell outta your lips (The hot pink mentioned before) not a problem for me but just throwing that out there for others, I'm glad that I don't buy Covergirl products and after this experience won't ever be tempted by a beautiful color again, I'd rather find a similar color from a better DS or HE brand, #EpicLipstickFail To the trash it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lipstick, the formula is great, amazing color.Lasts a long time, nice and creamy, no shimmer. It leaves behind a hot pink/purple stain once it wears off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I'm definitely a lipstick girl and own dozens of them, ranging in brand (from drugstore to high-end) to color (from nudes to near-black) and finishes (from glossy to matte) but I'd say CoverGirl Divine is my favorite of all time.

I adore the color- a bold, saturated purple-toned pink with a satin finish. The formula is also amazing: it's extremely pigmented and lasts for hours and hours, leaving behind a bright pink stain (this could be a deal breaker for some!) and has a pleasant scent too. I wouldn't say it's as moisturizing as CoverGirl claims but it definitely isn't drying either. Layer a lip balm underneath to be on the safe side and you should be fine! :)

Great drugstore alternative to comparable shades from brands like MAC, especially if this a type of color you wouldn't wear often. Recommended!

UPDATE 3/29/14: Exact dupe of this color is Maybelline Brazen Berry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

what a great great color. It is a true purple and it goes on a purple with a hint of pink. as good as MAC lipsticks and this color is rare and hard to find in any drugstore lines. I have seen this kind of purple only at MAC, OCC and LIme Crime pro make ups.BUY IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

I decided to purchase this lipstick after seeing this at my local drugstore and wanted a purple tinted lipstick. I had never tried Covergirl Lipsticks before and wanted to give them a try. I have to say this lipstick has great staying power. I ate, drank, and even smoked (yes, bad habit I know I'm trying to quit) and it still stayed put. I was very impressed by not only the staying power but the color as well. Although not exactlly like the color in the tube I was not disappointed. It showed up on my lips as more of a bright fuscha. The only thing I would have to say is a con is perhaps needing to moisturize before and after application but not something that bothers me. I love this product and think it could work on all skin tones which is definitely a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Jamaican

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colour in the tube is beautiful. I've been looking for a cheap purplish lipstick for awhile and this looked perfect... WRONG. On my lips (I'm light skinned, half Caucasian & half Caribbean) it looks like a bright fuchsia... Not purple at all. And it stains your lips TERRRIBLY! Pros are that it lasts long and doesn't bleed or smudge. But the pros don't weigh out the cons....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I don't really like lipstick, but this one is to die for. The color is so nice, I think it's one of the most popular. I had gotten MAC Stiletto previously and the color is almost identical. I even put the MAC on one side of my lips and the Lip perfection on the other and the Lip Perfection stayed on LONGER! Wow! And being cheaper it is worth it! It also has staying power and won't run. It's pretty much the only 'real' lipstick I'll wear! *(This is a lie, I started to love lipstick, but this is a good one)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hardouthereforachimp

These lipsticks are awesome. This one is very pigmented and long-lasting as it leaves behind a stain. It is fairly moisturizing for a lipstick, but a balm may still be necessary if you have very dry lips. Be aware, though, that Divine is not nearly as purple as it looks on the tube or in these pictures. I was a little disappointed with this, as there are so few true purple lipsticks available at the drugstore, but because of the quality I can't complain. It applies as more of a medium magenta color. I would (and already have) repurchased this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I was cruising the beauty aisles of Walmart on a quest for lilac colored lipstick and this is what I found. I own a few lip perfection shades already and it is my favorite d.s lipstick formula by far. This particular shade, divine, appears opaque lilac/mauve in the tube and in reality it's more of a hot pink mauve color. It contains no shimmer and applies very smooth, with a staying time of 3-4 hours. As previous members have said, this stuff leaves a stain on your lips! I think the stain is nice and it eliminates the need to reapply often. Highly recommend this shade but it's not purple, it borders more on pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick. It does leave a stain on your lips after it fades (if I don't totally remove it before I go to sleep, my lips will still be stained pink in the morning) but I consider that a good thing. Helps keep me looking somewhat made up even after my lipstick is gone and it stains evenly.

CG Lip Perfections are great lippies but they do seem to require about five to ten minutes to settle into your lips. They sometimes go on slightly clumpy and you need to have put on lip balm before you apply if you have dry lips.

The color is a gorgeous purple-y mauve and it feels creamy and soft on the mouth. Great lipstick.