December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection in Divine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Good God I love this color. This is my ultimate favorite from this line. My ONLY complaint with this line is the smell. I dont know why it bothers me but it does. I deal with it because of the gorgeous colors this line has but I wish they would redo the smell.

This is a seriously gorgeous color that flatters me so well. It reminds me of Mac's Up the Amp. I think this is a better dupe of it than Revlon Berry Haute.

This lipstick leaves a stain behind that is just stunning as well. A well worthwhile purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover Girl has really stepped up with some of their products in the past decade. Their Lip Perfection lipsticks are some of the creamiest and prettiest drugstore lipsticks. Divine is great color for anyone who loves purple and cool tones. This is not a lip color for everyone but it is not nearly as scary as it looks. It is not a super bright purple but a more wearable purple with hints of pink. It isn't the most subtle color but it doesn't look out there the way a black lipstick does. This is a nice fall color. it is smooth, creamy and lasts long. It is a little glossy and doesn't have any shimmer or sheen to it. I didn't find it drying at all either, but you can always blot some lip balm before applying if your lips are super dry. It isn't very dark but it isn't light either. I would say it is more a mid tone purple. It looks great on cool toned fairish/medium skin tones. I would say because of the strong cool tone of it this may not be best for very warm toned skin. The only complaint I have with this color in particular is that it does stain the lips a hot pink which is not my favorite. All in all this product has nice packaging, is inexpensive, and is a great easy to get a hold of color for fall (especially if you are bored with all the brown tones out there this season).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed by all of the positive reviews and glad that this lipstick worked out for so many but for me this is one of the worst lipsticks I have ever used, like seriously I hate this lipstick with a passion :/ I purchased this years ago and its just been sitting in the bottom of my makeup case going unused, I recently tried experimenting with it, layering, using over lip liner, mixing with other similar lipstick colors and nothing worked out. I don't buy Cover girl products with the exception of my HG mascara/Lash blast volume but the beautiful unique color of this lipstick was too much to resist so I gave in, wrong thing to do. This lipstick is extremely drying even over loads of lip balm, like I'm talking reapplying balm all throughout the day and still having hard flaky chapped lips at the end of the night drying. I found myself applying at least every 15-20 mins to get the color back because it faded and turned a totally different color all together (Hot pink), which was annoying I have nothing against hot pink lips but if that's what I wanted that's what I would've bought in the first place, lastly this stuff stains the hell outta your lips (The hot pink mentioned before) not a problem for me but just throwing that out there for others, I'm glad that I don't buy Covergirl products and after this experience won't ever be tempted by a beautiful color again, I'd rather find a similar color from a better DS or HE brand, #EpicLipstickFail To the trash it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by JustEnufEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lipstick, the formula is great, amazing color.Lasts a long time, nice and creamy, no shimmer. It leaves behind a hot pink/purple stain once it wears off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I'm definitely a lipstick girl and own dozens of them, ranging in brand (from drugstore to high-end) to color (from nudes to near-black) and finishes (from glossy to matte) but I'd say CoverGirl Divine is my favorite of all time.

I adore the color- a bold, saturated purple-toned pink with a satin finish. The formula is also amazing: it's extremely pigmented and lasts for hours and hours, leaving behind a bright pink stain (this could be a deal breaker for some!) and has a pleasant scent too. I wouldn't say it's as moisturizing as CoverGirl claims but it definitely isn't drying either. Layer a lip balm underneath to be on the safe side and you should be fine! :)

Great drugstore alternative to comparable shades from brands like MAC, especially if this a type of color you wouldn't wear often. Recommended!

UPDATE 3/29/14: Exact dupe of this color is Maybelline Brazen Berry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

what a great great color. It is a true purple and it goes on a purple with a hint of pink. as good as MAC lipsticks and this color is rare and hard to find in any drugstore lines. I have seen this kind of purple only at MAC, OCC and LIme Crime pro make ups.BUY IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

I decided to purchase this lipstick after seeing this at my local drugstore and wanted a purple tinted lipstick. I had never tried Covergirl Lipsticks before and wanted to give them a try. I have to say this lipstick has great staying power. I ate, drank, and even smoked (yes, bad habit I know I'm trying to quit) and it still stayed put. I was very impressed by not only the staying power but the color as well. Although not exactlly like the color in the tube I was not disappointed. It showed up on my lips as more of a bright fuscha. The only thing I would have to say is a con is perhaps needing to moisturize before and after application but not something that bothers me. I love this product and think it could work on all skin tones which is definitely a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Jamaican

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colour in the tube is beautiful. I've been looking for a cheap purplish lipstick for awhile and this looked perfect... WRONG. On my lips (I'm light skinned, half Caucasian & half Caribbean) it looks like a bright fuchsia... Not purple at all. And it stains your lips TERRRIBLY! Pros are that it lasts long and doesn't bleed or smudge. But the pros don't weigh out the cons....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't really like lipstick, but this one is to die for. The color is so nice, I think it's one of the most popular. It's truely purple but depending on light it shows more warm or cool. It's a perfect neutral in a way and I think could flatter a wide variety of tones. I had gotten MAC Stiletto previously and the color is almost identical. I even put the MAC on one side of my lips and the Lip perfection on the other and the Lip Perfection stayed on LONGER! Wow! And being cheaper it is worth it! It also has staying power and won't run. The formula is fantastic. Creamy, smooth, divine. It's pretty much the only 'real' lipstick I'll wear! *(This is a lie, I started to love lipstick, but this is a good one).

Also is it weird I like the smell?

Looking at my comparison swatches, this beats the poo out of Mac Stiletto, whaaaat! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hardouthereforachimp

These lipsticks are awesome. This one is very pigmented and long-lasting as it leaves behind a stain. It is fairly moisturizing for a lipstick, but a balm may still be necessary if you have very dry lips. Be aware, though, that Divine is not nearly as purple as it looks on the tube or in these pictures. I was a little disappointed with this, as there are so few true purple lipsticks available at the drugstore, but because of the quality I can't complain. It applies as more of a medium magenta color. I would (and already have) repurchased this.