Sana Extra Large Mascara

4.5

on 4/21/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure why I took this long to write a review for this mascara. Maybe it's because I thought it wasn't anything great until I came back to it and thought it was the best mascara to have since it doesn't smudge.
I've actually used several tubes of this mascara. It holds a curl very well and gives some volume and length. But the best thing about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge. No raccoon eyes here! I always wear waterproof mascaras because having Asian lashes, everyone knows it's difficult to hold a curl and to be able to do so without having it smear all over the place. It's easy to find waterproof mascaras but finding one that doesn't smudge would be rare. This is one of those rare items. The tube is quite large in comparison to regular mascaras - hence the name. The wand is quite large as well but I don't mind it as it actually coats my lashes. I don't note any smell to the mascara either. I bought this in Hong Kong and in Don Quixote in Hawaii. I'm not sure where I read good reviews on this many years ago, but I still think this is a pretty damn good mascara! Mostly for the fact that it doesn't smudge. Did I say it doesn't smudge?.. It's pretty awesome. I would definitely repurchase this mascara as it holds up so well. But because it holds so well, you would need to use a good makeup remover. I use the Make Up Forever Sens' Eyes remover to get this mascara off and then wipe again with regular remover. Yes, it may seem like a tedious step to do, but if you want good mascara, you'll need a good remover. For the ladies out there who feels my pain, you know what I'm talking about.
Definitely recommend to those who want a good waterproof mascara that doesn't smudge. =)

on 6/4/2012 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Awesome all-around mascara for those stubborn Asian lashes!

PROS:
- Awesome job at holding a curl!
- Super waterproof
- No flakes
- Easy to apply
- Gives you the vavoom lashes in only 1-2 swipes!
- Perfect wand (small and curved - perfect for smaller Asian lashes and corners)
- Black color
- Can find at Uwajimaya stores and the price is the same as online
- Buildable volume
- Great for volume but also lengthens!!!

CONS:
- A little on the spendy side...about $20-24 but worth every penny!!!
- Lashes can feel kinda hard but results are sooo worth it!

Will I repurchase??? OF COURSE!!!!!

on 11/17/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can honestly say this mascara is the best I have ever tried for holding a curl. It is a fiber mascara with a dry consistency and adds amazing length and volume. The only negative about this mascara is the brush. It's HUGE! I think it's even bigger than the CG Lash Blast brush. Because of this, it's easy to smudge on your lid when applying and it's a little difficult to get the base of your lashes or the smaller inner/outer lashes. Like most Japanese mascaras it is EXTREMELY waterproof. It is more difficult to remove than your standard waterproof mascara, but that is the reason it holds a curl so well. I haven't had any issues with removing it. I saturate a cotton pad with an oil-based MU remover, lightly press it against my eye for 10 seconds then swipe. This softens the mascara and makes it MUCH easier to remove. I bought this at a local Japanese market for $18. It is also available online on sites like sasa.com.

I really like this mascara. It never gives me raccoon eyes (almost everything does) and the fibers get my lashes up as high as they'll ever get, haha. I use a cleansing oil to remove -- I've tried the Neutrogena remover on this and lost some lashes getting it off so it is a bit difficult. I'm not a huge fan of the wand, it did take me a while to get the hang of using it, but I put up with it because i love the results.