November 29, 2014 | 1718 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Ultimate Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

Disappointing. Have been using Avon products on/off for a few years. Not impressed with this moisturizer. It leaves my combo skin very oily after about an hour. I tried it with (under makeup) and withoutmand it leaves a very oily shiny look. Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by safe2assume

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Avon face creams exclusively for over 30 years, so I didnt expect to be disappointed with this product. Unfortunately, it has a rancid smell, and a sour horrible taste if you accidentally get it in your mouth. It works well but I can't bare the smell anymore and won't use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am an Avon rep and got this product with a bunch of other facial creams at a dirt-cheap price. What really interested me about it was that it is an anti-aging cream and had an SPF of 25. What I didn't like about it was the smell! Eugh, I don't know what it is but I hate it. However, I like the cream so I will have to put up with it. You do kinda get use to the smell, but still it smells nasty. Other than that, it's a nice cream...maybe it's a bit greasy at first but it is intended for mature skins which are usually on the drier sides. I'm only 28 and am using this cream as a preventative measure. I do feel it has slightly improved my skin. When I put this cream on, all day my skin is even and does make my face look a bit younger ( I know, I'm only 28 but what I mean is that it somehow made my face look less sunken in and more smoother - kinda like how I looked when I was 22). If only they took the smell off, it would be a great cream! PS. Didn't cause me any breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 I think this cream is the worst smelling product on the market. All the Ultimate products have the same smell and it's horrible. It makes you wonder if anything is fermenting in there. Needless to say that I returned everything. I wonder what they where thinking when they put this line on the market. Because of that I went back to Clinique and Lauder and Clarins.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by wellnell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great daily moisturizer for dry skin! I do not use it after exfoliation as it stings too much. I hate the taste and have to wash my lips w/a washcloth after I put it on. It takes a few minutes to sink into the skin but it's worth the wait! I love what it does for my 42 yr old face! I have used mostly Avon facial skin care for 20+ yrs. and my face looks yournger than it's 42 years, that's for sure. I wish it didn't come in a jar, I hate sticking my fingers or a spatula into it every day. I also wish the price was lower, I think Avon skin care is getting too pricey but they do have some of the best ingredients you can find.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by JVO86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased Avon's Anew Ultimate Day Cream (SPF 25), along with the line's Gold Emulsion Night Cream, at the end of this summer. Three solid months of sun, salt, and late night partying took their toll and I once again found my skin in the weathered state it always reaches by late August. Rather than wait for my skin to slowly improve back to its normal condition, I decided to try a "better cream" than my usual $5 drugstore moisturizer this year. My cousin swears by Avon, so I gave it a whirl.

The product is marketed as an "age repair cream." I'm only twenty two and don't fret about wrinkles, age spots, etc. yet, but I'd read very positive reviews about this and figured it wouldn't hurt to try something that may go "above and beyond" what my skincare regiment requires at this age... and I'm SO happy I did. It's been over two months since I began using the moisturizer and I'd estimate I still have about a month's supply left. During this time, my skin's appearance has returned to it's pre-summer abuse state and then some. My pores have shrunk, my coloring is more uniform, and my skin feels smooth, plump, and hydrated. *Beware though- a little bit goes a LONG way. I'm used to applying facial moisturizer very generously because I'm prone to dry skin, but slathering on too much of this made my skin greasy and shiny. Put a thin layer on shortly after washing your face and behold the velvety magic that ensues. I'd also recommend allowing a little bit of time to elapse before applying blush, bronzer or any other powdery substances; the makeup can mix with the cream's residue and create cakey-ness.

I've been told that a young girl using an anti-wrinkle formula is comparable to a healthy person taking medicine for a sickness they don't have, but I disagree with that after my experience with this cream. Perhaps I don't NEED to use an aging cream yet, but my skin is undoubtedly the best it's ever been. As I said at the beginning of this review, I also bought this product's nighttime counterpart. I'd assume using it conjunction with the Gold Emulsion Night Cream only further benefited me. I don't know how effective this cream would work on skin more mature than mine, but for gals in their teens, twenties, and thirties- don't underestimate the power of wrinkle creams on wrinkle-less skin. Those extra ingredients really improve upon an already good thing.

I'm curious to try other anti-aging products to see if I can find anything better. After hearing rave reviews, I plan on purchasing a few items from the Olay Regenerist line after I use this up. If they don't work as well as this did, I'll definitely return to Anew Ultimate. I'll post my findings in a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use proactiv to keep my cystic acne at bay but I also need a good night time moisturizer because even the oily/acneic skin needs to maintain moisture. I love this cream, its a emolient cream that my skin drinks it up (without breaking me out). I can see why it says 'repair night cream' on it because it truly replaces the moisture in my skin, and repairs my dry patches around my nose. I love still love my proactiv, it has done wonders for my acne but I do need some extra moisture that proactive strips. When I wear this cream, the next morning my skin is so soft. I think I will use this in the winter and use Rejuvenate line in the summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lipstixrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this stuff before they revamped it. The night cream is probably still ok, but the day cream has an spf 25 and it sits like a plastic mask on your face all day. My face looked like it was encased in vinyl which isn't a good look. Anyway, the spf 15 version was a lot more absorbent. It's too bad. It might work better for older skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lisasmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 5 weeks now and I'm really pleased with it . Its the first spf face cream I've ever had that my skin can completely tolerate . No breakouts or blocked pores either . Its just a shame about the smell which is musty and a bit fishy ,but luckily it goes away quite soon after I put it on. It is a rich and heavy consistency but my skin needs that at the moment. It is supposed to have a lifting effect and I think my jaw line looks slightly tighter , but I've been doing quite a lot of exercise lately so it might be that too. I will certainly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Avon Anew Ultimate line is marketed for 45 plus - 'mature' skin.

I have that! Fair sensitive skin, prone to allergic reactions, no sagging but some lines to contend with. Had been using Olay Age Defying series but when it became hard to find switched to Avon Anew Triple Force and like it BUT I bought the Ultimate night, day and eye cream the lst time it was on sale.

SMELL: Yes, it has an odor. Goes away in a couple of minutes. My husband has the nose of a drug-sniffing canine and he couldn't smell anything when I stepped out of the laboratory, uh, bathroom.

PACKAGING: In jars. Not the best. I use a small white plastic picnic knife to scoop out a little product to keep it sanitary.

PRODUCT: Very very nice. For my mature skin it's better than the Olay or the Triple Force. No allergy problems. Only need a very small amount of product. Sinks in and leaves my skin feeling and looking like baby skin. Really does plump and smooth out fine lines.

I don't use the $69 Ultimate serum but intead the Avon Solutions Nightly Nutrient Peel under the Ultimate Night Cream and it works a treat if you are used to a glycolic acid for exfoliation. Price $16 in Canada.

COST: Not cheap as dirt but certainly less expensive than a lot of department store brands that don't work as well for me. Avon also runs good sales.

I will keep on using until they quit making it. Would NOT recommend for younger, oily, or acne problem skin types.

EDIT; I love the night cream and eye cream but have to re-think the day cream. The day cream is to greasy to use underneath any kind of make up on my skin. I have gone back to Force Xtra Day cream which is a perfect primer for me. I'll use up the Ultimate day cream on my neck and jaw line and as a night cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No