April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Makeup Brushes - cocobeau - The Big, Fat, Firm, Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nikkivan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bar none, the best foundation brush I have tried. All other brushes I have tried in the past tended to either leave my skin with streaks of make up or absorb so much of the foundation that I ended up using twice the amount I needed. This brush does neither, and leaves my skin with an airbrushed look that I love. I do have large pores and a few acne scars and the brush does not leave foundation settling in them, the foundation seems to glide right over them and leave my skin with a nice smooth appearance. While I did not like the price of this brush, I am glad I purchased it and will again if something should happen to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Michele1620

HG foundation brush! You can get a perfect airbrushed, streak-free application in less than a minute! That amazes me! I have used this brush with a few different foundation formulas and have had the similar results. I'm very happy with this purchase, just wish that it wasn't so expensive or take 2 weeks to arrive (internationally shipped from the UK to the US). This really is a fantastic brush though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by riap

I can't say other than that I love this brilliant little (well, pretty big) brush!

I bought it after seeing a youtube rave review or two and then some tutorials, and then knew I HAD to have it.

It's huge! But having said that it's also really flexible so gets to all those nooks and cranies, round your eyes and nose etc. My foundation goes on like a dream, every time, no streaks: my skin looks just flawless and that is saying something when I consider what my skin sometimes looks like before foundation, believe me!

I noticed that the other reviewer said that it absorbs foundation a bit but I haven't found that. In fact I just put a small amount on my hand and use just that, and find that it goes a really long way. I always apply my foundation to nicely moisturised skin and that always ensures that I don't use too much foundation I think. Less is more and all that.

Use it every day, exceeded my expectations. Just the best foundation brush I've ever used, by a big fat mile!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am in love with this brush. I purchased it after seeing pixiwoo use it in one of her tutorials. It cost 29.75 which is way too much for a brush IMO but I'm happy I got it. The brush is really good in quality with synthetic hairs and a solid brass chrome-plated ferrule. The brush measures 150 mm (5.9") in total length, with the brush head 35 mm (1.4") long, 33 mm (1.3") wide, and 15 mm (0.6") thick at its widest point. This is approximately twice as thick as the average foundation brush, so I can apply my foundation in pretty much no time, it's that quick.

I use it to apply liquid foundation and it applies really well - no streaks or anything. The brush is soft but firm and dense, and the soft curved edges allow me to get around my nose well. It claims not to absorb product but I disagree, it does suck up quite a lot of my foundation. Aside from that I'm really happy with it though and it's easy to clean too - no shedding or bleeding.