Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse & Brow Brush

4.5

Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Ceresin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Squalane, Lecithin, Caprylyl Methicone, Isopropyl Titaniumtriisostearate, Sodium Lauroyl Aspartate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 2/28/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a fan of the brush but I like the product and it does last the whole day. I bought mine in medium brown (shade NW25 for skin) and I thought it was a little dark at first but it turns out all you need is very very little and dont go crazy dipping your brush in the product. Light strokes on your brow and youre good throughout the day. I use this in conjunction with Lingering by MAC brow pencils and it transitions nicely from the tip to the tail of the brow. I highly recommend this product.

on 2/16/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wish this product worked for me! I got it in taupe.

*Price: Considering that it comes with a brush, it's super reasonable when you compare it to something like ABH.
*Packaging: Cute little glass pot, comes with an angled brush/spoolie. My gripe with the brush is that the hairs aren't stiff enough to get a precise line. While I don't like harshly carved out brows, I do like to be able to make little strokes like "brow hairs" if possible. The brush was just too bendy and not dense enough for my preference.
*Product: The formula is nice. Not as opaque as ABH pomade, I found, but good. Kept the brow hairs in place fairly well and lasts an entire day without fading.
*Positives: You can achieve a nice, natural brow look with this. The fact that it comes with a brush is a huge plus, so it's reasonably priced, and an all around decent product. Most of the shades are great.
*Negatives: The taupe colour is not taupe. It's incredibly warm. I have dark brows and I like them to be ashy so I sometimes use an ash/taupe colour and this made my brows look reddy-brown. So it's a negative for me, but a positive for any redheads out there! For my personal preference I wish they had a darker colour, too.

I think this product is pretty good if you can make it work for you! And since it comes with the mousse and brush (I just can't get over how great that idea is, and for the price) I think it's a great starting point for those who want to begin filling in their brows with something other than powders or pencils, and who are looking for high end products. However I'm picky with my brows and returned this right away. If I still had red hair when I tried this, or got it in the darkest brown colour instead, I might've kept it. And who knows, maybe when my ABH brow brush finally kicks the bucket, my pomade goes off, and I lighten my hair, I may repurchase. For now, I can still recommend it to people who are interested in it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: It lasts all day even when im in the pool or working out

on 1/3/2015 7:05:00 PM

I love love love this product, hands down the best brow product I've ever bought. It comes in a small pot but a little goes a long way - I've been using it daily for over a month now and I've barely used any in the pot.
I just use the brush that comes with it and I've had no problems with it, it's a really good brush and works well with the mousse. I use this every day and it's always lasted me all day without any of it melting off but I've never tested it in water.
The only issue i would have with this is that it comes on very thick if you get too much on the brush and especially with fair skin like mine you need to be very light handed with how much you use.
Overall this is one of my favourite beauty products, I use it every day and I definitely recommend buying it!

on 11/20/2014 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I have super oily skin, so every makeup runs off my face by the end of the day. BUT not this.
I bought the taupe shade, which is like a light brown. Looks super natural.
This is much better than the Anastacia brow pot. That ones looks to harsh.
This looks soft and natural and doesn't budge!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I simply love this product because how smooth it glides. Theres little room for mistakes with such a smooth application. At first I thought it was too heavy of a product but then I discovered a little goes a very long way.

Here is a cued up video of me using the product.

on 9/16/2014 2:56:00 PM

Rich Brown. Perfect match for blk/dark brown hair. (almost got med brown but it had the slightest touch of red in it which for me looks unnatural)

A super tiny pot, but a lil goes a long way.So be light handed, and just dab the angled brush once in the pot, and apply lightly if you want a natural look.

It has not dried out and I have had it for a year now. The brush is nice too. So the price is okay for me, due to the brush. It stays on longer than brow powder or brow gel. It is not a mousse, it feels more like gel eyeliner. I use this daily, and I think this is a must have for flash photography.I used to use powder or pencil on my brows , but would look washed out in photos.

I'm pretty disappointed only because it wears off easily, even if I apply a powder over it to set it. But I like the brush that came with the brow mousse.

on 7/23/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this mousse for a month now and I love my brows now. Thank you, Tarte.
It came with a brush and spoolie which I love love the brush since it is soft and easy to use.
The staying power is good, it doesn't fade by the end of the day. I have yet to test in while swimming or working out activities. So I can't comment on that.

I am using medium brown.

Try it. I really recommend it from a woman who hates her brows before. =)

Have a nice day! =)

on 3/27/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is the best brow product I have ever used. I am a huge, HUGE brow product junkie. This product stays on all day and looks so good. It looks better than any powder or pencil ever could. The brush/spoolie that comes with it is so nice, too. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who isn't used to filling in brows because it kind of is something a more advanced makeup user would use I feel like. For someone who is just starting out with filling, I would recommend pencils and then this later on. But it is a superb product. And it may be a little pricey, but I have had mine for over a year and probably will own it for another because it just lasts so long. I use it daily and still so much is left! I absolutely adore this product. Not once has it smudged or faded on me through the day. One of the best products I've ever had the pleasure of using and I'll never stray to another brand.

Popular Brows Products