October 24, 2014 | 1582 users online

Brows - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse & Brow Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by korean

Rich Brown. Perfect match for blk/dark brown hair. (almost got med brown but it had the slightest touch of red in it which for me looks unnatural)

A super tiny pot, but a lil goes a long way.So be light handed, and just dab the angled brush once in the pot, and apply lightly if you want a natural look.

It has not dried out and I have had it for a year now. The brush is nice too. So the price is okay for me, due to the brush. It stays on longer than brow powder or brow gel. It is not a mousse, it feels more like gel eyeliner. I use this daily, and I think this is a must have for flash photography.I used to use powder or pencil on my brows , but would look washed out in photos.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by eliseheartscandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty disappointed only because it wears off easily, even if I apply a powder over it to set it. But I like the brush that came with the brow mousse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ShareenaDean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mousse for a month now and I love my brows now. Thank you, Tarte.
It came with a brush and spoolie which I love love the brush since it is soft and easy to use.
The staying power is good, it doesn't fade by the end of the day. I have yet to test in while swimming or working out activities. So I can't comment on that.

I am using medium brown.

Try it. I really recommend it from a woman who hates her brows before. =)

Have a nice day! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Binney

The basic rundown: after searching for my HG brow product through reviews, I came to this. I thought I would love it because of all the rave reviews. At first after the first few attempts of using it, I didn't like it so much. I was still fixed on making it work, and after about a week, I fell in love. It is now my HG. takes a little getting used to, but is so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY HG!!! So i have been using this product for nearly a year, and i still IN LOVE with this product! It doesn't look awfull on my bare skin (yeah yeah over tweezed problem) and it gives my brow a WOW looks! And i love the brush that comes within! Gives me a full arch that I wanted to. And they are not kidding at all about the waterproof thing. It doesn't melted away with the water when i was swimming and took a shower. I just love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is ok, although I wish it were thicker, it feels like a liner brush. I like the mousse, it stays all day, is easy to apply, and can go on light or be built up. It's a little red undertone that I don't love, but it's super hard to find a medium brown brow product that doesn't have some red in it. Overall a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dms21

I use the darkest shade and it is a very pigmented product. You definitely get more of a dramatic look with this product however the staying power is the best I've ever experienced. It's a pretty pricey product however I think it's worth it, especially for the the amazing brush thats included.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by MostlyNatural

It's so hard for me to find the perfect eyebrow coverage, but I think I've found it thanks to Tarte! The rich brown is dark enough for my black eyebrows, but not to harsh for my fair skin. Coverage is ideal. I'm happy to report that on NYE I wore it for about 12 hours without it fading. Two thumbs way up! (Oh, and it'll last forever.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by gele4ka

I feel like I am the only one to have a bad experience with this product. Maybe I got a bad batch..anyways, I bought this in color dark brown which is the middle one out of three. The formula is too dry and the color has red hues in it making it look fake. Oh, and it does not blend at ALL. not creamy whatsoever. The application is really hard and I feel that my regular pencils do a better job than this, better colors too. Definitely returning it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

Tarte claims that this product makes eyebrows stay beautiful all day. I agree--only if you don't accidentally touch the brow. I found that around 5-6 hrs, my oil would seep through a bit. The product didn't control oil as well as I would have liked. Also, it was easy to smear if touched. Many reviews I read stated this product was water resistant or waterproof. I put this to the test by drawing on my brows, then placing cold water in my hand and letting it dribble down over my brow. Most of the color remained. However, it was a little blotchy in places when you compared it to my other perfectly done brow. So, some of it (in the outline of brow) had washed away, but most of the color was still there. I don't know if I would try to go swimming in this.

The color I purchased was the darkest color, Rich Brown. This matched my black hair quite well. It was a cool, ashy greyish-black color. This looks very natural. I have most of my brows left, just some patchy little spots. It is true that the product doesn't look so great on just skin. Yes, you only need a little bit. It lasts about 10-11 hours for me if I don't touch it. I had reservations about the brush because several people didn't like it. The brush worked pretty well, in my opinion. The spoolie was fine and the slanted brush end could've been a little stiffer so you could have more control. But overall, I think the brush was fine, especially since it was free.

Make sure to store this closed and upside down. This is stated on the box. This way the product will be less likely to dry out.

This was the most natural looking product that I have ever used. It didn't make my brows feel stiff or heavy or anything. I think the pro's outweigh the con's.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No