Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse & Brow Brush

4.4

Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Ceresin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Squalane, Lecithin, Caprylyl Methicone, Isopropyl Titaniumtriisostearate, Sodium Lauroyl Aspartate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/20/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have no eyebrows and have dark brown hair. This product has been my favorite eyebrow product. It does smudge if you wipe it or swim in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I had a $10 Tarte coupon to use up so I felt adventurous and picked up my first brow pomade. Originally, this retails for $28 and it comes with a double ended brush. A very sweet deal for a higher end brand. I will begin with making fun of myself. To be honest, I really don't do anything special with my brows. They are very thin and I just use brown power to fill in the bald spots. I never attempted to do the full on brow trend that is so popular now. I decided it was best to practice before bed so I'm not rushing and learn the hang of it. The first few tries, I looked scary. I was building and building and before I knew it, I painted on brows that consumed my whole forehead. After about four tries, I finally figured out what works for me.
1. Since I have small eyes, a narrow oval face and small forehead, going full was tricky. My comfort level is medium thickness and I know this could be still viewed as thin to some of you. When I do what a lot of you tubers do "instagram brows" they overwhelm my features.
2. Because I have oily skin especially around my eye area, I find that I need to apply a clear brow wax before putting down the color. I find that the wax holds on to the product better. However, even with wax, this is NOT waterproof for me. I can still wipe if all off with a dry tissue.
3. I hate the brush that comes with it. The spoolie end is nice but the angled brush is way too flimsy to work with trying to fill in thin brows. I find that it doesn't pick up enough product for me. I guess if you already have nice brows, it would be fine for just adding depth to them. For me, I needed something with precision and MORE POWER! So, I use Sonia Kashuk's brow brush and spoolie instead and the outcome was 100% times better.
4. The shade. I purchased Medium Brown and it is just okay. It leans very warm on me. My natural hair coloring is deep dark neutral brown and this is my brow hair color. I matched the brow mousse to my hair coloring which is dyed warm medium brown. The mousse matches the hair on my head but it's a bit too warm for my brow hairs. I think I might pick up the next darkest shade to see if that works better. Medium Brown isn't very obvious, but in certain lighting, I can tell it is very warm.
Overall, I'm not in love with it but I do like it. I'm not sure if I will ever repurchase this or venture off to try other brow pomades from different brands.

on 2/28/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a fan of the brush but I like the product and it does last the whole day. I bought mine in medium brown (shade NW25 for skin) and I thought it was a little dark at first but it turns out all you need is very very little and dont go crazy dipping your brush in the product. Light strokes on your brow and youre good throughout the day. I use this in conjunction with Lingering by MAC brow pencils and it transitions nicely from the tip to the tail of the brow. I highly recommend this product.

on 2/16/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wish this product worked for me! I got it in taupe.

*Price: Considering that it comes with a brush, it's super reasonable when you compare it to something like ABH.
*Packaging: Cute little glass pot, comes with an angled brush/spoolie. My gripe with the brush is that the hairs aren't stiff enough to get a precise line. While I don't like harshly carved out brows, I do like to be able to make little strokes like "brow hairs" if possible. The brush was just too bendy and not dense enough for my preference.
*Product: The formula is nice. Not as opaque as ABH pomade, I found, but good. Kept the brow hairs in place fairly well and lasts an entire day without fading.
*Positives: You can achieve a nice, natural brow look with this. The fact that it comes with a brush is a huge plus, so it's reasonably priced, and an all around decent product. Most of the shades are great.
*Negatives: The taupe colour is not taupe. It's incredibly warm. I have dark brows and I like them to be ashy so I sometimes use an ash/taupe colour and this made my brows look reddy-brown. So it's a negative for me, but a positive for any redheads out there! For my personal preference I wish they had a darker colour, too.

I think this product is pretty good if you can make it work for you! And since it comes with the mousse and brush (I just can't get over how great that idea is, and for the price) I think it's a great starting point for those who want to begin filling in their brows with something other than powders or pencils, and who are looking for high end products. However I'm picky with my brows and returned this right away. If I still had red hair when I tried this, or got it in the darkest brown colour instead, I might've kept it. And who knows, maybe when my ABH brow brush finally kicks the bucket, my pomade goes off, and I lighten my hair, I may repurchase. For now, I can still recommend it to people who are interested in it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: It lasts all day even when im in the pool or working out

on 1/3/2015 7:05:00 PM

I love love love this product, hands down the best brow product I've ever bought. It comes in a small pot but a little goes a long way - I've been using it daily for over a month now and I've barely used any in the pot.
I just use the brush that comes with it and I've had no problems with it, it's a really good brush and works well with the mousse. I use this every day and it's always lasted me all day without any of it melting off but I've never tested it in water.
The only issue i would have with this is that it comes on very thick if you get too much on the brush and especially with fair skin like mine you need to be very light handed with how much you use.
Overall this is one of my favourite beauty products, I use it every day and I definitely recommend buying it!

on 11/20/2014 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I have super oily skin, so every makeup runs off my face by the end of the day. BUT not this.
I bought the taupe shade, which is like a light brown. Looks super natural.
This is much better than the Anastacia brow pot. That ones looks to harsh.
This looks soft and natural and doesn't budge!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I simply love this product because how smooth it glides. Theres little room for mistakes with such a smooth application. At first I thought it was too heavy of a product but then I discovered a little goes a very long way.

Here is a cued up video of me using the product.

on 9/16/2014 2:56:00 PM

Rich Brown. Perfect match for blk/dark brown hair. (almost got med brown but it had the slightest touch of red in it which for me looks unnatural)

A super tiny pot, but a lil goes a long way.So be light handed, and just dab the angled brush once in the pot, and apply lightly if you want a natural look.

It has not dried out and I have had it for a year now. The brush is nice too. So the price is okay for me, due to the brush. It stays on longer than brow powder or brow gel. It is not a mousse, it feels more like gel eyeliner. I use this daily, and I think this is a must have for flash photography.I used to use powder or pencil on my brows , but would look washed out in photos.

I'm pretty disappointed only because it wears off easily, even if I apply a powder over it to set it. But I like the brush that came with the brow mousse.

Popular Brows Products