September 18, 2014 | 1701 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Fondness4Pie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite shampoos sold on the shelf!

My hair is very tightly curled, while also frizzy and difficult to style. I really desired that sleek, pin - straight hair look, so I bought this shampoo with the conditioner, both being $7.99.

It has an interesting smell to it, nothing really fruity or anything like most shampoos but none the less it has a nice aroma and it very easy to work through hair. You can even see less frizz as you wash it out. Then I used the conditioner, leaving it in for three minutes, then ran my hair under cold water for a few seconds.

When my hair fully dried, there were still parts that were frizzy and my curls were still there, yet there was some shine and straightening it was less of a challenge. It honestly was pretty sleek when I straightened! It also provided a nice amount of shine and clean feeling :)

Worth it, in my opinion!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by shayhares

Worst shampoo I've ever used. I have pretty healthy wavy hair. This shampoo made my hair very dry and I started to loose hair a bunch. So I stopped immidiately and switch to another brand shampoo. What a difference!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MysteryReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed!!!
I bought this after reading good reviews but I am very disappointed with the result. I don't have super coarse hair, but my hair is generally wavy, frizzy and puffy.
Appearance: The bottle is of reasonable size, not too big.
Texture: Brown and thick. I have to use quite a lot for my above waist long hair.
Smell: ok.
After use: My hair is still wavy, frizzy and puffy and in fact, it is more frizzy and puffy than usual!! It does straightened slightly.
Price: $15-$20 for a bottle
Overall: It is not cheap and it does NOT work! and actually made my hair MORE frizzy and puffy! I wish I could return it and certain will not recommend buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works as advertised, i have long thick wavy hair after washing and always need to straighten but after just one use of this I didnt need to straighten (just my bangs). However, it dried my hair. I would reccomend this to someone with already healthy thin hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the shampoo and conditioner last summer in bulk (the very large bottles). My hair is long, course, and wavy. As a result of coloring my hair multiple times to reach the color auburn I wanted, my hair was dry on the ends...as expected. The shampoo takes two washes to lather up nice...which is not a problem for me. I always shampoo twice. It leaves my hair clean and smells clean with a faint scent of coconut and cocoa butter. Keratin is good for hair that needs protein...but not to be used is the hair is already healthy or has too much protein because too much protein will cause your hair to fall out. So, I used this shampoo and then used another product interchangeably every couple of months. Anyway, the packaging and price is decent. I ran out last month and will use again. As far as straight hair...it didn't straighten my hair because the only thing that will straighten my hair is a flat iron...but the shampoo helps with my frizz. So, Brazilian keratin therapy is pretty good. I recommend it if you have hair that is frizzy, kinky, wavy, or coarse. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by TheMagicFlute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this shampoo (and the matching formula conditioner). One thing to keep in mind: unless you have barely any waves/curls in your hair, it won't straighten it. It just won't. I certainly didn't expect it too--I have very wavy hair, with a few spiral curls thrown in. So as long as you have realistic expectations for this product, I think you will enjoy it. I love the texture of my hair after using this product. It feels very smooth and silky, especially when you consider that I have coarse, color treated hair. My hair also looks very healthy after using this product. I know some people have complained about the smell, but to me it is very pleasant. I suppose it's just one of those personal preference things. I will definitely buy this again once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by TGarrigues

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo a few weeks ago because I have naturally curly hair. This shampoo smells great, it smells like coconuts/cocoa butter. After I dried my hair it was a lot straighter and I had less frizz. I liked this product because it smoothed my fly aways. The only problem I had with this product was that it can make your hair feel too soft. When I first started using it, it would make my hair feel a little greasy, but it doesn't do that anymore. I'd buy this product again because I didn't have to straighten my hair too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

I love this shampoo (and conditioner) I feel it really helped my hair. I use to dye and bleach my hair a lot, but thought I should go back to my natural hair. I almost have all my natural hair back except for my tips that seemed to be damaged and dry, so I gave this shampoo a try and I love it! It makes me hair super soft and my tips no longer look so dry. I am almost gone through my first bottle, but I think I'll try another Organix product first before I repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is straight, but coarse in the front, and the shampoo makes it a bit more maleable. Not a miracle thought, but better than nothing. The big plus for me is that it is a sulfate and paraben-free shampoo rather than its "straightening" benefits.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cosmie24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't like it. I love Organix shampoos but hated this one. I'm a cosmetician and do lots of research on hair products. I'm not saying this is a bad product because it's not.. but this specific one dried out my hair. The reason being is because people my age don't usually need Keratin treatments so what I did was basically stressing out my hair by adding more of something that it already had. This would probably work wonders for people who lack Keratin. Just wasn't for me.