Sephora Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #56

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this brush probably my fave makeup brush. I use it to blend my Sephora airbrush foundation and to blend my under eye concealer it's such a wonderful, soft brush And blends like a dream also many washes and she's still perfect I would repurchase in a heart beat

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush. I use it to apply my Lancome Teint Idole foundation everyday and it's so fast and easy!

UPDATE: I've used this almost every day for a year now, and I'm starting to notice the bristles are looser than what it used to be, an it's loosing it's shape. This is the first brush I've used consistently for a whole year so I'm not really sure how long brushes are supposed to last, but just thought I'd update. I thought this brush would last at least 2 or 3 years...

I have had this brush for a long time, and I almost never use it. I find the bristles are too floppy to apply foundation seamlessly, and I thus wind up with streaking every time. I've tried using it for cream blush, and it seems to just disturb my foundation. I have a somewhat small face, yet I also find this brush to be somewhat too small to apply foundation. The Sigma F80 is my favorite brush for applying foundation, and it's $24 (plus, there are always discounts available) versus $32.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this brush is awesome for applying foundation. I use it with my Bare Minerals complexion rescue and also my new foundation from Chanel which is very thin and runny. I appreciate that it captures the foundation and keeps it on the tip instead of soaking into the center where it does no good. I am comparing it to the Bare Minerals foundation brush which seems to soak up all the foundation into the center and it is much more difficult to get clean. This brush does a nice job of evenly applying your foundation and in a nice sheer way or heavier if you apply a second coat. It can also be applied in your nose creases and those harder to reach spaces. It also cleans up try easily Highly recommend and I am fairly picky…. I got mine on sale so the price was very reasonable.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A salesperson at Sephora recommended this brush. She said that it can be used to apply foundation, blush, and highlighter. At first I thought it was too soft, but actually it works perfectly when applying my mineral makeup. It gives a soft focus effect to my face. I now use this brush more than any other brush I have.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It works so well with cream products! Dense enough to buff into the skin without absorbing all your pigment. It's the only brush that I have a backup of.

The size is what makes it a winner. Other brushes designed for cream are bigger. I like precision, and the 56 delivers that.

I've used it with other formulas too, like the very runny Nars All Day Luminous, and it distributes liquid well. But still, it's my cream brush.

This brush is my new addiction. Before I was using another synthetic brush from a regular line at Sephora - but these days I am obsessed with #56!

If you are doubting whether it is worth the money - it truly is. Very dense and nicely designed, this brush also has got a plastic cap which makes it handy for when you travel.

I have no problems washing this brush either, just soak it in baby shampoo and rinse off. It will dry in 3-4 hours.

There is a full on review on #56 brush, I leave the link below in case you want a candid opinion:

I absolutely love this brush! Although I know it's a foundation brush, I use it for my cream blushes. Oh, la....what a perfect, natural finish! No matter how crazy I get with plastering a blush on, this brush quickly and smoothly blends the edges and gives me that much coveted gorgeous finish. I've used it with many kinds of blushes and am 100% happy with it's performance on all of them.
It's holding up great, but I feel like I need to stash a couple in case Sephora gets crazy and discontinues them. One of the best brushes I've ever owned.

Holy crap this brush is AMAZING! I bought this to use with my foundation. At first I was worried by how small it was but it is truely magical.
I haven't had much luck with using brushes for foundation. They are always ok at first but after a few uses they become useless. Only things that have stayed working are my fingers and the beauty blender.
This brush blends out your foundation effortlessly and beautifully. And it's perfect for blending out your concealer as well! So you get extra bang for your buck.
Yes it's pricey but I'd pay double the price because it's so awesome.
I get 2 uses out of it before I have to wash it and it dries really fast.
Only complaints which are really nothing at all is I don't like the brush guard it's kinda useless. As well the foundation stains your brush so I won't look completely clean but really who cares.

I love this brush! the fibers are soft and don't shed. creates a beautiful seamless coverage. great price point for the quality you are getting.

Popular Makeup Brushes