Sephora Professionnel Platinum Air Brush #56

4.7

on 6/6/2015 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It works so well with cream products! Dense enough to buff into the skin without absorbing all your pigment. It's the only brush that I have a backup of.

The size is what makes it a winner. Other brushes designed for cream are bigger. I like precision, and the 56 delivers that.

I've used it with other formulas too, like the very runny Nars All Day Luminous, and it distributes liquid well. But still, it's my cream brush.

on 10/16/2014 9:57:00 AM

This brush is my new addiction. Before I was using another synthetic brush from a regular line at Sephora - but these days I am obsessed with #56!

If you are doubting whether it is worth the money - it truly is. Very dense and nicely designed, this brush also has got a plastic cap which makes it handy for when you travel.

I have no problems washing this brush either, just soak it in baby shampoo and rinse off. It will dry in 3-4 hours.

There is a full on review on #56 brush, I leave the link below in case you want a candid opinion:

on 8/3/2014 2:56:00 AM

I absolutely love this brush! Although I know it's a foundation brush, I use it for my cream blushes. Oh, la....what a perfect, natural finish! No matter how crazy I get with plastering a blush on, this brush quickly and smoothly blends the edges and gives me that much coveted gorgeous finish. I've used it with many kinds of blushes and am 100% happy with it's performance on all of them.
It's holding up great, but I feel like I need to stash a couple in case Sephora gets crazy and discontinues them. One of the best brushes I've ever owned.

on 4/3/2014 10:17:00 PM

Holy crap this brush is AMAZING! I bought this to use with my foundation. At first I was worried by how small it was but it is truely magical.
I haven't had much luck with using brushes for foundation. They are always ok at first but after a few uses they become useless. Only things that have stayed working are my fingers and the beauty blender.
This brush blends out your foundation effortlessly and beautifully. And it's perfect for blending out your concealer as well! So you get extra bang for your buck.
Yes it's pricey but I'd pay double the price because it's so awesome.
I get 2 uses out of it before I have to wash it and it dries really fast.
Only complaints which are really nothing at all is I don't like the brush guard it's kinda useless. As well the foundation stains your brush so I won't look completely clean but really who cares.

on 3/1/2014 10:07:00 PM

I love this brush! the fibers are soft and don't shed. creates a beautiful seamless coverage. great price point for the quality you are getting.

on 2/11/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Do not like the price, but LOVE the product! Makes putting on foundation a lot easier and also gets great coverage! Would repurchase.

on 10/9/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This brush is amazing! I work at Sephora and this is hands down the best foundation brush they have. This is my most used brush in my brush belt at work as it works with the majority of foundation formulas and always delivers a flawless finish. I always have clients asking me what brush I'm using because it's so soft and it makes the foundation look airbrushed. This is really a fool proof tool and this is a brush everyone could use, from novice to pro! I have to clean it everyday between clients, and let me tell you I've yet to see this brush shed at all. I was so infatuated with it I even bought one for myself and this rarely ever happens because I normally buy MAC brushes.

on 9/22/2013 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all-time favorite foundation brushes. The fat dome shape applies foundation very smoothly, with a swirling painting motion, or a stippling motion. If I am in a hurry this is the brush I want. Very high quality for its price point. I've had it for years, washed it many times, and it has never lost a bristle. Washes easily and is easily shaped when wet. It's somewhat dense so it takes a while to dry. If I lost or broke this brush I would definitely buy a new one. This was my first brush from the Sephora Pro collection and it is now my favorite brand, outperforming even more expensive brushes.

on 9/8/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Got this brush just this past week to apply my liquid foundation or BB cream. I formally used a flat foundation brush (which now will be used to apply clay masks). I use it both to stippling to cover any evenness and the buff finish. Bristles are soft. Easily cleansed with brush cleaner. Handle is long...so if I'm not wearing my contacts I sometimes will "bump into" the mirror to inspect my blending...haha the joys of nearsightedness. Good weight, not light nor heavy. Looking forward to many years of use. So far I'm in love with this brush.

on 6/6/2013 12:19:00 AM

not bad at all. it is my first liquid foundation brush so the only thing i have to compare it to would be application with my fingers. it really does help with coverage but i do think that has also to do with the quality of your foundation. however, i do wish it would cover my acne scars some more but that's more of a skin problem than the brush. overall i am pleased with this product. nothing better happen to it so i won't have to purchase it again but i will if i have to.

Popular Makeup Brushes