Nexxus Nexxus Pro Mend Split End Treatment Daily Shampoo

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cocamide MEA, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Polyquaternium-28, PVM/MA Copolymer, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Keratin Amino Acids, Propylene Glycol, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Citric Acid

on 7/19/2014 3:21:00 AM

I have NO IDEA why anyone WOULDN'T like this product. It is absolutely amazing, you can literally see great results after using it for the first time and your hair only gets better from there. I had pretty damaged hair from always straightening it, I decided to stop and be natural, used this product and I could not be happier with how my hair looks from using it.

on 3/4/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I only bought it because it was on clearance at 2.75 at rite aid, so I'm wondering if this is being discontinued. I can't use it by my roots because I get oily and itchy, so I just use it mainly for my ends. Smells great, but my hair looks a bit limp and flat. No help with the split ends. Would never pay full price for this.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. This product is AWEFUL! It made my hair so dry and just hard to manage! My hair literally felt like straw! It also made it feel like the product was still in the hair after I rinsed it for five minutes!!!! I would not recommend this product for ANYONE!

on 11/9/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say that I am shocked at all the negative reviews this product has received. I purchased a kit at Sams that came with the shampoo, conditioner, and the treatment cream. It worked just fine for me. My hair has always been bad. I have very fine, thin, brittle hair. I wash it every day, and although I know thats bad, If i didnt wash it however, my hair gets super greasy and is full of static.
I used a nickle size of the shampoo (Which by the way the entire system is the best smelling hair care I have ever come across!!! The smell is so wonderful!) I used a half dollar size of the conditioner (My hair needs alot of conditioner in any product) and for the cream I used a nickle size. I blow dried, and flat ironed my hair and it looks remarkable! It has volume, it is smooth, and smells great!
I recently was using the Biosilk therapy that I purchased at Sams and this system works just as well. Maybe even better because it doesnt weigh my hair down as much as biosilk. Also as a side note, the bottles that came in the kit were shaped like normal shampoo bottles. Not the potion shaped ones. I paid 24$ for the entire kit. The shampoo and conditioner are 23 FL OZ and the cream is 4.8 FL OZ. Not a bad price for all that you get.
As I stated before, I really am shocked that it got such horrible reviews. Maybe you have to have truly awful hair like I do for this product to work. I would purchase again for sure. The smell of the system alone is worth it!

on 10/7/2013 3:39:00 PM

Awful awful awful. I got this from CVS with a coupon and a % off coupon AND a ECB deal so I don't feel so bad about spending the money on this but it is just awful. After using this and the matching conditioner my hair was crunchy dry and brittle. Then something REALLY weird happened. I went to "wash" my hair the next day with Wen and my hair turned into a mess of awful snags and knots. I let the Wen sit and still, could not get out the tangles. Rinse the Wen, try one of my HG detangling conditioners (Fructis) and STILL could not get tangles out. My hair isn't even to my shoulders!! So finally I put on clarifying shampoo and finally all the tangles came out. This crap gummed up my hair! NEVER AGAIN. Eww. Awful.

on 3/2/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought the shampoo alone because my last experience with a Nexxus conditioner was horrible. Anyway the shampoo is not worth the money, it does nothing for my hair and my cheaper shampoos work a lot better. Makes my hair very dry and does not fix the split ends. And the bottle is annoying to squeeze the product out..

I have a love/hate relationship with this shampoo. Less than a handful of times my hair was shiny and looked super healthy and more than a handful of times it felt brittle, weighed down and this really weird greasy/waxy feeling.. I'm a clean freak so it made me feel super dirty. The smell is one of the upsides. It reminds me of pink sugar. I feel that the shampoo bottle design helps the company cheap out on the product. I will never buy this product again.
~A

on 1/1/2013 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Was super excited to try this line out. I've grown my hair out for almost 2 years now and it's super duper long so of course there are split ends. I was hoping that this would be the cure. -_- no. For a shampoo it is way too thick, should be marketed as a conditioner! This product should not be used on the roots. It made my hair flat, greasy feeling and oil up faster than usual. Only way to style my hair is to blow dry, swhich is more heat, equaling more damage to my hair. I usually always air dry my hair and with other shampoos and conditioners, my hair is soft, volumous, and flowy after air drying. With this product, even after blow drying, it feels heavy, no volume. Not worth it and does not deliver. I say, save your money, and get a haircut and rid yourself of split ends that way instead.

on 12/11/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

More a review for whole Pro-Mend line. First time in my life my ends are swingy because of this product. I've got no theory as to why this line effects people so differently but for my particular kind of hair, it is a godsend. My hair is pretty fine/thinning, gets so STRINGY, straight, and could and would form dreadlocks if I didn't touch it for a week. I'm talking chronic split ends, not just at the bottom of my past-the-shoulder do. My scalp is pain-in-the-butt oily and I have to wash every 36 hours for clean looking hair. Anyway, I use the shampoo, conditioner, mouse, serum and leave-in treatment on heavy rotation, so I can't honestly isolate the effects of this shampoo alone. My friends tell me, for the first time ever, that my hair looks great. It's as if each hair is smooth and supple enough to actually slide against one another. Argan/moroccan oil and plenty of other "moisturizing" products exacerbate the stringiness. Blunt ends also help. LOVE these products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

OMG THIS IS THE WORRRRRRRRRST shampoo and conditioner EVER MADE. It made my hair feel so heavy, dry and straw like. It was so hard to style my hair after using it. OMG THIS PRODUCT SUCKS!!!!! I never write reviews, but I felt the need to on this product because its so bad.

Top Rated Nexxus Products