August 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Prime Pot

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by VivienneFontain

I really really like this product. I am a big believer in primer and am always on the look out for a good one as they can really make or break an eyeshadow.

Pros: My eyedows looked great- very vibrant and lasted all day. Looked freshly applied and my liner still looked razor sharp.

Cons: OMG- the drying out is mega. Within a month it was as dry as a bone! I need to find a way of keeping it alive longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsTrues

I really liked this primer. I received it as a sephora points gift. It did take some getting used to but now I am sad that I can't find it anymore. It's now a daily staple in my makeup routine! It gives a good base for shadow and does well at not creasing. My shadow lasts so much better when I use this!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Deelynnhealy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really do not like this AT ALL. Got it free from Ulta with a purchase or I'd absolutely take it back. It's nearly impossible to put on... Not sure if it's because it's waterproof or what, but this formula is no good. I don't think it does a thing for my eyeshadow either. I'll stick to Urban Decay Primer Potion!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this product in a prize package from Stila. The one I got is in Taffy. This is remarkable! I have used Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC Paint Pot, Urban Decay Primer Potion and Elf primes. None can compare! It evens out skintone and holds shadow all day. It does remind me of my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. Except this works better. First I like to use UD's Primer Potion then a thin layer of Stila's Prime Pot. This combo works like nothing else. Although, it is awesome on its own the UD gives it that something extra... I think.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by loveshack529

Not the best. I have it in taffy. The colour is pretty, however, for the product to be classified as an eyeshadow primer, this prime pot does not fit the bill. It always creases. I'll probably use the remainder as a highlight. After using Urban Decay's Primer Potion for years (and it's still the best for me!), I cannot recommend the Stila Prime Pot as an eyeshadow primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't a bad product, but it doesn't work all the time for me... I have oily lids & this does not work at all for applying eyeshadow on top of. It creases & smears very easily. My top choice for primer is Too Faced Shadow Insurance. However I do use the Stila primer on days when I don't wear eyeshadow. The colour is a nice match to brighten up & even out tone on my eyelids. It still creases a bit after a few hours so not a perfect product but easy enough to re-apply. I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I have this in Taffy. I have really dark eye lids on already dark skin (NW40/43). I bought this instead of a Paint Pot because this is marketed as an actual primer. Being that I already have really oily lids, I wanted something like this instead of sinking money into a Paint Pot.
A little bit goes a long way, this product took a bit of getting used to. Right out of the pan its very creamy, but you need to immediately put it on your lid and immediately blend it. It dries insanely fast, and can go on a bit thick. If you donít blend it right away, it will be a mess to put shadow over.
As a primer, its pretty good, nothing super impressive though. My 1$ Elf primer works better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is honestly the only product from Stila that I can stand keeping in my stash for longer than a few days. All other Stila products get returned or swapped immediately, but this one's a keeper.

The primer is a weird (but good) texture, it's cooling on the lids and you only need a very small amount. I have this in taffy and it's a bit too pink for my skintone but I still like it anyway.

It dries quickly so I've found the best way to apply is with a synthetic angled/doe foot brush (like ELF's studio angled contour brush). I tap it into the prime pot ever so gently and then quickly pat onto my lids, blending in until it's dried.

Keeps my shadows on all day with absolutely zero creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Caramel shade as soon as it came out last year. The color is beautiful and is a great match for my skintone, but it dried out after the first use. Now if I try to apply it, it drags on my eyelid, which does not feel great. I'm pissed because I have MAC paint pots that I purchased in 2008 and they are still holding strong with no resistance. This is a total waste of money ($20). I saw that Hautelook had it on sale last week for $9, I almost bought but then I came to my senses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm also surprised by the luke-warm reviews. This has become my HG eyeshadow base & primer; so much so, that I have maybe a third left after 7 months of use.

I have very fair, NW10 skin with very pink/red eyelids. I had relied on Benefit Lemon Aid for everyday for years (throughout 4 years of university) and it was a god-send for early, rushed mornings - bit of Lemon Aid on the lid, a bit of bronzer, MAC Strada or Omega in the socket for a bit of detail. Unfortunately, Lemon Aid was just average as a primer; and forgoing lid primer with a cream shadow such as NARS or MAC paint pots equaled creasing. The Stila Prime Pot is the absolutely best of both worlds - a clean canvas for eyeshadows (whereas I would have had to use two products before) and very effective as an eyeshadow primer.

Unfortunately, unlike Benefit Lemon Aid - this is too dark to wear on it's own. Taffy (the lighter shade) leans a little orange; but no matter. I've got a lot more time now and better eyeshadow skillz to actually attempt something more than a crease colour and eyeliner. It's a must for me, and all my neutral shadows.

Definately an HG, 5 Lipstick product for me. I gave the packaging a three - it's fine, but not outstanding and leaving the lid loose would effect the product. However, I'm willing to overlook the packaging (not that it bothers me much) for how well it performs. I will definately buy again when I run out.