MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 6/27/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This pressed powder from MAC is really best on skin that is quite dry and does not like a powdery finish. If you have mature skin or skin that has a tendency to flake, this powder is probably better than most, with a nice color selection. (It won't make wrinkles look worse.)

However, I have combination to oily skin so every time I use this, I wish I was holding MAC Blot Powder instead. Blot Powder absorbs oil without adding color or texture. That's what I want.

Careblend has more pigment than a regular setting powder and so even though I bought the Light color, I sometimes feel that it's adding too much color to my face. Blot Powder is translucent, so even though I buy the Medium color in that, it looks more natural on my fair skin than this.

Buying a foundation or powder that really isn't meant for your skin type is usually a mistake. You end up feeling like the teenage boy who likes action movies but gets trapped taking his grandmother to see a Helen Mirren vehicle in which she plays the Queen again. The movie is probably great, and Helen will no doubt be nominated for an Oscar, but it's playing to the wrong audience. The boy wants to see dinosaurs eat people while Jeeps blow up. I want to get rid of my shiny T-zone.

If you read the positive reviews, they're written mostly by women with dry to very dry skin who don't like powders that are designed for teenagers. If you read the negative reviews, they're written mostly by younger women who have acne prone or oily skin and think this sucks at blotting. Unfortunately I fall into the second category.

So I'm begrudgingly rating this a 4 even though it's wrong for me. I wanted to rate it a 3, but realized it was unfair to do so. It's not the quality of the product, it's the fact that my skin type is too oily for it.

I'm putting MAC Blot Powder in Medium on my shopping list. Then I'm going to buy a ticket to see a movie with pyrotechnics in it. Not that I don't appreciate a good art film now and then.

on 1/18/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This works really well on my dry skin. I use a liquid foundation, and this sets it really well. Lasts all day and itīs the only mac powder that works for my dry skin. Have repurchased it and I use it everyday.

on 11/20/2014 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Everything about this product is so meh. It makes me look overly made up, the color is not quite right and the oil control, okay, actually, that's quite alright. I use it on night's out because it's convenient but really, there must be better powders out there.

on 11/18/2014 4:51:00 PM

Bought this product after my Rimmel StayMatte smashed. I read good views and had really high hopes..

I'm pale (NC15 isn't pale enough for me in most of MAC's products) so no surprise that I was matched with the Light Plus shade of this powder. The packaging of the product is sturdy which is great. That's pretty much where the positives end for me though!

Lots of people on here have been saying what a 'natural' finish this gives.. I feel these people are being way too optimistic and putting an over-positive spin on what is actually a ZERO coverage powder that barely does *anything*! I'm all for a natural look but what's the point in using a product which makes absolutely no difference to your face!? Not to mention the fact that this powder oxidises and so once again, MAC's palest shade makes me look like an oompa loompa. Sort out your shades MAC.

on 11/16/2014 4:27:00 PM

Jaclyn Hill recommended in her videos as her fav bronzer. Bought it and i simply love, love it! The colour is so warm and nicely tanned, yellow toned. Not powdery, easy to blend, can be used as powder. Simply amazing. Thanks Jaclyn:)

on 10/20/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It's coverage is really light, which is what I wanted. There is a subtle hint of color (I use Deep Dark) but not much. I have dry skin and it doesn't make it worse. I use it rarely, like when I'm going out clubbing, not every day.

Urgh I swear this is the final face product I am going to try from MAC. I caved in after reading good reviews about this. But sad to say this as with all their other face products tend to break me out! Red spots started appearing the 2nd day I'm on this powder. The texture is OKAY and not as smooth as people rave about. Coverage? Zero! Even loose powders have better coverage than this. I regret spending my $ on a powder that claims to be hydrating and has coverage but doesn't live up to it's claims. Disappointed & not to mention waste of money!

on 8/30/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Nice all rounder powder, In terms of powder - I've only used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Studio Fix Powder and this. This is a pressed powder so it gives a pretty sheer amount of coverage, I like that it gives a matte finish but not overly done. It's finely milled so doesn't look cakey over foundation./ This is perfect for me when I'm working and have to get up early.

on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My skin is usually dry so I have trouble finding powder that doesn't look cakey or flaky. I also have large pores thanks to rosacea that also look more obvious when I wear most powders. In the winter I can just go without but in the summer, I have to have a little powder. So the MA at MAC suggested I try this one and I'm so glad he did. It makes my skin look finished and healthy without looking heavy. I'm NC15 and Light is just perfect. I'm not breakout prone so I can't say whether or not this would work for acne prone ladies though I'd imagine after reading the ingredients that it might not be the best choice. But for me, it's great.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm on my second compact of this product so I feel I'm able to give an informed review. My first purchase was in the shade Light Plus and most recently Medium Dark to match my summer holiday skin tone. The colours are a perfect match and in and case the powder itself blends so well that it's nearly imperceptible. The powder adds a semi-matte finish to complete any makeup look - I frequently wear it on its own as a light veil and it still looks good. this is the first time I've found a powder that does not settle into and magnify dryness and fine lines. I will continue purchasing this powder.