November 24, 2014 | 963 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everything about this product is so meh. It makes me look overly made up, the color is not quite right and the oil control, okay, actually, that's quite alright. I use it on night's out because it's convenient but really, there must be better powders out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Makeup8910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product after my Rimmel StayMatte smashed. I read good views and had really high hopes..

I'm pale (NC15 isn't pale enough for me in most of MAC's products) so no surprise that I was matched with the Light Plus shade of this powder. The packaging of the product is sturdy which is great. That's pretty much where the positives end for me though!

Lots of people on here have been saying what a 'natural' finish this gives.. I feel these people are being way too optimistic and putting an over-positive spin on what is actually a ZERO coverage powder that barely does *anything*! I'm all for a natural look but what's the point in using a product which makes absolutely no difference to your face!? Not to mention the fact that this powder oxidises and so once again, MAC's palest shade makes me look like an oompa loompa. Sort out your shades MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by zakitis

Jaclyn Hill recommended in her videos as her fav bronzer. Bought it and i simply love, love it! The colour is so warm and nicely tanned, yellow toned. Not powdery, easy to blend, can be used as powder. Simply amazing. Thanks Jaclyn:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's coverage is really light, which is what I wanted. There is a subtle hint of color (I use Deep Dark) but not much. I have dry skin and it doesn't make it worse. I use it rarely, like when I'm going out clubbing, not every day.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

Urgh I swear this is the final face product I am going to try from MAC. I caved in after reading good reviews about this. But sad to say this as with all their other face products tend to break me out! Red spots started appearing the 2nd day I'm on this powder. The texture is OKAY and not as smooth as people rave about. Coverage? Zero! Even loose powders have better coverage than this. I regret spending my $ on a powder that claims to be hydrating and has coverage but doesn't live up to it's claims. Disappointed & not to mention waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice all rounder powder, In terms of powder - I've only used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, MAC Studio Fix Powder and this. This is a pressed powder so it gives a pretty sheer amount of coverage, I like that it gives a matte finish but not overly done. It's finely milled so doesn't look cakey over foundation./ This is perfect for me when I'm working and have to get up early.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is usually dry so I have trouble finding powder that doesn't look cakey or flaky. I also have large pores thanks to rosacea that also look more obvious when I wear most powders. In the winter I can just go without but in the summer, I have to have a little powder. So the MA at MAC suggested I try this one and I'm so glad he did. It makes my skin look finished and healthy without looking heavy. I'm NC15 and Light is just perfect. I'm not breakout prone so I can't say whether or not this would work for acne prone ladies though I'd imagine after reading the ingredients that it might not be the best choice. But for me, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second compact of this product so I feel I'm able to give an informed review. My first purchase was in the shade Light Plus and most recently Medium Dark to match my summer holiday skin tone. The colours are a perfect match and in and case the powder itself blends so well that it's nearly imperceptible. The powder adds a semi-matte finish to complete any makeup look - I frequently wear it on its own as a light veil and it still looks good. this is the first time I've found a powder that does not settle into and magnify dryness and fine lines. I will continue purchasing this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. After applying foundation I use this to set it and take away shine. It completes the flawless look. I takes away shine giving a matte finish. Sometimes I use this on its own and it makes my skin look a lot better than what it would look like if I had no makeup on. Its great for a quick fix and the compact is nice. Its handy that it has a mirror too. The only downside is the price, its expensive enough but I think its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I'm really liking this powder! I went into MAC and told them I wanted something similar to Skinfinish Natural with oil control and the MUA pointed me to this. She matched me to medium, but I'm an NC15, so I opted for light. She attempted to argue with me a little bit saying, "but it's summer!", girl it don't mean my skin gets dark because it's hot out! Anyway, I really like it. It looks natural but gives a little bit more coverage over my Face & Body. I can't attest to it's oil control since I haven't worn it long enough yet, but it seems like it's going to hold up. I really like the color selection also. Although I do wish it it came in light plus (take note MAC!), light still works for me with a little bronzer and blush.

EDIT: I have repurchased! It's awesome. This powder makes my skin look airbrushed without over drying it. It also does a decent job keeping me matte in my t-zone. I highly recommend - HG!