September 30, 2014 | 1105 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Nature's Rescue Refining Sea Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I looved this sea polish! I was pretty scared at first, because after using the shampoo that accompany's it, I was afraid that this gritty polish would break off my hair or destroy it. But much to my surprise after I rinsed out the polish from my stripped down hair (from the Nature's Rescue Shampoo (it really strips everything off)) I was amazed. The polish seemed to somehow hydrate my hair. And then I followed that with the Natures Rescue Conditioner which really just sealed all that goodness in. My hair after I dried it was so amazingly light and bouncy, just like when I get done at the salon (and I have pretty long hair).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Redken really missed the mark with this one. Every hair expert worth their salt tells you to treat your hair gently and to never abrade it by scrubbing it clean or by rubbing it dry with a towel. Then Redken comes along with this pumice-based goop for scrubbing one's hair......and added insult to injury by giving it an overwhelming, perfumey fragrance. My salon gave me a sample, which I tried with an open mind. I'm glad that the sample was free but would like my time back that was wasted trying to remove the gritty goop from my hair. I reported back to my stylist, who said that the salon is getting similar responses from most of its clients who tried the samples. If you really want to try this product, I recommend obtaining a free sample rather than paying full price for an entire container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My stylist gave me samples of this entire product line at my last cut and color. Of the entire line this product impressed me the most and was the only thing I went out and purchased. At first I was a bit hesitant to use This. It's a super fine pumice in a light silicone free/paraben free conditioner that you use after shampoo to gently remove build up. You can condition after using this product although your hair does feel pretty well moisturized after rinsing this out. It rinses out very easily with no pumice residue. I was afraid it might be harsh for color treated hair but the sample pack said it was color safe and recommended to use a couple times a week. In fact this product is perfect for me. I Co-wash most of the time to protect my color and build up can be an issue. This has proven to be an excellent solution. It removes build up gently and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy without dulling or stripping my color. It is expensive at $19 for a 3.4oz tube but you should only need to use a small amount a couple times a week. So I expect it to last a while. I'm gentle with this product pulling it through my hair downward from the roots in one direction only. I've had great results but I use it with care for fear of roughing up the hair cuticle. This is a great alternative to stripping clarifying shampoos and a keeper in my hair care routine.