Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

4.3

I really like the color of this blush, and since i'm pretty fair, cool toned pinks are very flattering. But honestly i don't like the formulation of this blush at all. Its very powdery and not pigmented enough. You really have to work to build up the color to where you want it and by the time you do that, you look like you put chalk on your face. Not a fan, especially for the price.

I gave it two stars for packaging & the color was nice.

on 6/23/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is absolutely stunning. An extremely pigmented, matte pink that is simply so flattering. Every time I wear it I get compliments, not on my blush, but on how pretty I look, which is the goal of makeup, after all. My skin tone is very fair with Olive(neutral) undertones. I wear both warm and cool bushes for different looks but I often find that cool pinks look the freshest on me, and that's exactly what this is. I rarely find myself reaching for other colors since I've gotten this! I own 4 Tarte amazonian clay blushes so far, and they've become the only blushes I EVER use because they are so wonderfully pigmented blendable, flattering, and LONG lasting! They are truly 12 hour blushes, even on the most humid days of summer here in the southeast. Try this color if you enjoy cool pink blushes, and if you do not, check out some of the other shades in the amazonian clay range, I think you will be impressed!

on 2/12/2015 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am vary fair skinned and a bit ruddy, but I am love with blush. This shade great for fair skinned types- cool lemonade pink and matte finish.. Can't wait for summer to wear it more. I can wear some bright colors and make them work, but I have to use so little. It takes great effort to get it right, never mind to touch up. This is a shade meant for fair skinned, so you don't have to worry. So you can use it liberally. It won't look clowish. It blends so beautifully. This gives you that bit of natural flush. As it is cool toned, it dosn't bring out the ruddiness in my coloring. Gives a hint of natural glow.

Someone recommened the 12 hour blush in exposed (matte brick/brown color, but light) and I didn't love it at first, but I have come to adore it. Goes so well with berry lipsticks. Come to appreciate the forumla - blends well and lasts and doesn't break your skin out. I love a good pink and this one is different than any pinks that I have that are either peachy or more hot pink. But this won't show if you have much tan or olive or dark skin.

on 1/21/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I honestly don't have any complaints about this blush. I'm very pale and its a very summery kind of blush for me. It has a great pigmentation to it and the packaging is very cute

on 12/28/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love, love, love this! This gives me a natural rosy flush. The color in the compact is a very blue-based pink; it looks like a lilac-pink. It's highly pigmented and buildable, so you don't need much to achieve the desired result. I had read great reviews about Exposed being a great natural looking blush, but that was too warm on me, and all the other colors I was trying were too red, bright, or orange. I initially thought Dollface was unlikely to look good, but once on, the search was over--finally!

I can see this looking good on everyone, but this is a great natural blush shade for cool-toned skin.

on 11/15/2014 6:17:00 PM

This blush was one of my first dabbles with high end makeup, so, at first, I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.
After using it for several years, I realized how great it is. I hated the vibrancy of the color at first; now, I see that it is a very flattering, cool-toned pink that's great for giving my cheeks a non-overwhelming pop of color. Even though I have warm skin, this color still looks great; in fact, I'd consider it a highlighting blush because of that. The pink is very much on the lighter side, so I don't think I can pull it off when I'm tanned, but it's perfect for my pale skin in the winter.
The blush in itself is a bit chalky, but that isn't very noticeable; the application of it is excellent. It's very blendable and spreadable, which means that I finally don't have to put up with any concentrated spots of blush on my cheeks. It's pressed, but I can easily pick up the amount that I need with a soft brush. Also, it's crazy pigmented, but not to the point where it's volatile (ahem, Laura Geller). I can use a little amount for big results, and I love that, since the pan itself is kind of small.
And, as advertised, it has impeccable staying power. I've had no problems with fading or smudging, and it cooperates very well with my foundations. It looks just as amazing by the end of the day as it did when I leave my house. The packaging might be slightly difficult to open, but that's only with this specific color; my other 5 blushes from this line have easy to open packaging. Now, it's a pricey blush to get, $26 per pan. However, it'll last you a lifetime and you will not be disappointed with it, ever. 5/5 highly recommend.

on 9/18/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my go to blush. I find it to be universally flattering even on someone with a red complexion like myself. It has great buildable matte color and it stays on my oily cheeks all day. While I agree with the other reviewers that it is overpriced (Wet n Wild has some of comparable quality for waaay less), I was able to find mine in a travel package with their bronzer in the checkout lane at Sephora for $15, and I've seen it there multiple times since. I purchased this over a year ago and I still have a lot left after consistent use so you get a lot of color for a small compact.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging on this is really pretty. The blush itself is decent. The color is really flattering on my cool skin tone. It is a light, baby, pink and the color can be built up. I have the smaller version and use it quite a bit and still have a lot left. I do however think it is overpriced for what it is. It is not a smooth blush. It is border line chalky and really just not worth the money. I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. I have been trying to use it up because I like Wet n Wild blushes better. Tarte is known for their blushes and I like they are a cruelty free brand but I just don't think the products are worth the $$$. I've tried eyeshadows, lip gloss, eyeliners, blushes, and bronzers and I have been disappointed every time. I would say this is a decent product but overpriced.

on 7/27/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted a blush that would brighten up my face with a baby pink flush. After much research, I chose Tarte Dollface. I barely tap my stippling brush into this and sweep it on my cheeks and it leaves a nice pink color. This is a cooler-toned blush that is not too bright and not too light pink. It isn't powdery at all and I think this will last me for years. Whenever I need a little pick me up blush -- this is my go-to!

on 7/14/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this blush! It is the perfect pink on my pale, pink undertoned skin. I love to apply several layers to really make the color stand out, and it lasts pretty much all day. I never feel like I look clownish, just healthy. It makes me feel really beautiful and confident. I have wanted this blush for years but couldn't justify the price. I finally took the plunge and I don't regret it at all. My absolute HG! I would like to try other colors, but I truly love this. I have oily skin so the powder formula suits me better than the cream stain, which I also have and enjoy using in the winter. I have a bit of a blush fetish, so I feel justified in purchasing this expensive of a blush.