October 2, 2014 | 1657 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to blush. I find it to be universally flattering even on someone with a red complexion like myself. It has great buildable matte color and it stays on my oily cheeks all day. While I agree with the other reviewers that it is overpriced (Wet n Wild has some of comparable quality for waaay less), I was able to find mine in a travel package with their bronzer in the checkout lane at Sephora for $15, and I've seen it there multiple times since. I purchased this over a year ago and I still have a lot left after consistent use so you get a lot of color for a small compact.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging on this is really pretty. The blush itself is decent. The color is really flattering on my cool skin tone. It is a light, baby, pink and the color can be built up. I have the smaller version and use it quite a bit and still have a lot left. I do however think it is overpriced for what it is. It is not a smooth blush. It is border line chalky and really just not worth the money. I'm glad I didn't buy the full size. I have been trying to use it up because I like Wet n Wild blushes better. Tarte is known for their blushes and I like they are a cruelty free brand but I just don't think the products are worth the $$$. I've tried eyeshadows, lip gloss, eyeliners, blushes, and bronzers and I have been disappointed every time. I would say this is a decent product but overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted a blush that would brighten up my face with a baby pink flush. After much research, I chose Tarte Dollface. I barely tap my stippling brush into this and sweep it on my cheeks and it leaves a nice pink color. This is a cooler-toned blush that is not too bright and not too light pink. It isn't powdery at all and I think this will last me for years. Whenever I need a little pick me up blush -- this is my go-to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore this blush! It is the perfect pink on my pale, pink undertoned skin. I love to apply several layers to really make the color stand out, and it lasts pretty much all day. I never feel like I look clownish, just healthy. It makes me feel really beautiful and confident. I have wanted this blush for years but couldn't justify the price. I finally took the plunge and I don't regret it at all. My absolute HG! I would like to try other colors, but I truly love this. I have oily skin so the powder formula suits me better than the cream stain, which I also have and enjoy using in the winter. I have a bit of a blush fetish, so I feel justified in purchasing this expensive of a blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a very, very pale-skinned girl, blush has forever been my bane. Colors range from not even there to clown-ish. So when I got this blush in a sampler from Sephora, I tried it out and purchased the full product a few weeks later.

This blush is a very, very light pink with just a hint of lavender (if you really build it up), cool-toned with a matte finish. It can be built up very easily, ranging from barely there to very pink. I personally have worn it in almost every variation of heaviness, depending on what look I'm going for that day, and every variation has looked good.

This is a very natural pink for a pale, cool-toned skin. Like I said, you can build it up depending on how natural (or not natural) you're going for, but I have found that a medium application is the best everyday look for me. I apply it about halfway on my cheeks and then blending backwards towards my temple. If it is directly on the apples of my cheeks, it makes my face look too flushed and unnatural, although that is the case for all my blushes.

I personally like the packaging. The matte pink color is cute, the case seems durable, and it has a mirror included. The mirror isn't really big enough to be super usable, but I always like it when a compact comes with a mirror. It just seems to be a thoughtful inclusion that shows the company didn't skimp on a mirror to cut costs.

I like the lasting power on this blush. I get slightly more staying power if I layer it over a cream blush but that is almost always too much work for running errands or going out to dinner, but even on its own, I have never noticed that I look too pale by the end of the day. Typically I set everything with Kryolan powder and Urban Decay setting spray. The blush also blends well with my contour and highlighting powder and I think it's really hard to mess up applying this blush (which is a good thing for me). Overall, this is my new most-used blush for everyday wear and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an OK blush but I feel like I've used better. I used Orgasm for pretty much a decade and nothing else, and recently got into Hourglass blushes, which I adore. I use Dim Infusion almost every day but I wanted something more pink and less coral, but not sparkly. Dollface looked like it fit the bill. The packaging is awful. Plain pink plastic. C'mon Tarte, you're considered high end, act like it. The blush is nice and pink but pale. I'm not sure how to describe it. It look like a natural, flushed pink (more natural than Orgasm) but can look kind of chalky due to the paleness depending on your skin tone and how heavily you apply it. It lasts OK on me but I use both UD Chill spray as well as Hourglass Ambient Light powders to finish so it could be because of that. I do like it and I will use it probably very often, but when I run out I'll probably look for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the color of this blush. But I find with a lot of tarte products they tend to look powdery and cakey. This does not last very long on my skin either, like maybe 2 hours max. And I don't bring make up with me so I'd rather have something that lasted at least 6 hours. My MAC blushes definitely have more staying power. Packaging is cute. Comes with a mirror that I pretty much never use. I will finish up this blush and probably will not be repurchasing any more.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The color is well pigmented. It went on smooth, no streaks, but didn't last all day....at first. It was very easy to blend and made my contouring look great. This blush grew on me. At first, I was not at all impressed, but I have continued to use it along with my other blush and this one is much easier to apply. It looks much softer and smoother. Plus, it doesn't enlarge my pores like some others do. I like the color (dollface) a lot, the application, and consistency. The only reason I won't buy it (had a sample) is because of it's price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This was the first Tarte blush I ever bought and I love it. It's a light pink and matte. I normally like more satin blushes, but a lot of times when I don't want anything that looks like I am wearing makeup, I grab this.

It just gives me a natural flush that looks like my own blush and I get compliments. people think I have nice skin. Which I do, but this helps a lot! Whenever I want to add some shimmer i just add a highlighter on top.

Very versatile shade and one blush I can't go without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was desperate to jump on the Tarte blush bandwagon and had eyed up about 4 colours I "needed' to have, but there actually must have been a blue moon that day as I only sensibly (make-up and sensibly don't go together) bought one - Dollface.

Miss Dollface does last all day I'll give her that, she goes on nicely without kicking up a fuss, applies beautifully with a stipple brush and a light hand - emphasis on the light hand! Getting too carried away and Miss Dollface morphs into Clown face prettty quickly. This is a matte blush so I always feel the need for some highlight to add some va-voom.

However as I lack in the sleep department and need something a little more glowy to make me look alive in the morning I don't tend to reach for this blush much at all, I find the formula and the packaging a bit boring.

I am glad I bought Dollface to get the Tarte blush lemming out of my system but won't be buying anymore. Wow I feel like I'm saving money already :) I will continue to use this blush on and off and experiment with different highlighters over top.