August 20, 2014 | 1056 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - Goat Milk Oatmeal & Honey Soap

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Amaranth53014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I like this oatmeal & honey soap made with goat's milk. It is perfect with my organic cotton wash cloth from Cherub's Blanket.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in a sample size to use on my face b/c I was experiencing burning and redness due to dry skin and weather irritation. I had to use a soft cloth or just my hands to lather and then wash b/c it is very scratchy and my face won't tolerate that. Even though this is a nice body bar and my son's skin seemed to love this, my face could not handle it. It became worse inflamed and even drier not giving me any relief. I have been solely on Chagrin Valley products for about a year or more and I guess the combination of ingredients in this soap were too much for me. I have used most of these ingredients separately on my face at one time or another with no bad results. Just a warning if you have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. Oh, and I tried it 5 or 6 separate occassions to see it I was wrong about it and it was a fluke but sadly, no. Might repurchase to use on my 4 year old cause he can use it as a facewash, body soap and shampoo with no problems. Guess, I will stick to the other half dozen bars that I love from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered a sample of this soap from the Chagrin Valley website for 2.60 for a generous sized sample-not a tiny hotel sized bar! It was for my five year old daughter, who has eczema and sensitive skin. She and I both love the scent, and the oatmeal in it exfoliates gently, important for those with skin sensitivity. Best of all, I can even wash her hair (curly, fine textured) with this, and have it rinse clean and come out soft! This has worked better for her so far than anything else, and I will probably buy a full size bar later. The sample size we have will last for a while-it lathers up very well, which many natural soaps don't, and can be used with shower mitts or loofahs, whatever you prefer. Around 7.50 or so for a full size bar-seems like a lot, but the full sizes are BIG! Definetly one to try if you are into natural soaps. I am so glad I found Chagrin Valley-I've fallen in love with their products!