September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Treatments (Face) - Chagrin Valley - Whipped Squalane Face & Eye Mousse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, this might just be "a plain old moisturiser," but if you have sensitive skin and other moisturisers either break you out or sting your face, this is a godsend.

I have finicky skin and it gets irritated/breaks out/stings/looks like crap if I use the wrong thing. I don't even know what I'm reacting to most of the time. What I love about this cream is that I can put it riiiight up to my lashline near my eyes AND IT DOES NOT STING. No discomfort. At all. Ever.

My skin is also dry (I also use Retin-A), and this (plus the CV facial oils) really moisturise my skin. I like slathering on the moisturiser at night and waking up in the morning to nice plump skin. I then wash my face and I feel just skin - not slimy gunk slipping off my face because whatever I used the night before didn't quite sink in. This has happened to me even with super expensive, supposedly very penetrating serums. Kudos, Chagin Valley.

The only (quite minor) downsides are:
- High maintenance. You have to have an applicator and you have to wash it before scooping out the squalene to make the product last. Not a huge problem, but it does add a step.
- Takes a while to sink in, especially if you go overboard (I still occasionally do that, oops.) That's why I mostly use this at night. Paradoxically, the straight up facial oils sink into my skin faster than this so I prefer them during the day, but I have worn this under my SS and BB cream/powder with no problem.

Oh, and I love the scent and the fact that it isn't even fragrance. :) Soothing!

Will I repurchase? Already have and will keep doing that as long as they don't mess with the formula.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this is just a plain old moisturizer and very greasy and hard to rub in, in my opinion. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product, I just got this today and couldn't wait to try it. It is so light, with a definite whipped texture, but so moisturizing at the same time. Looking forward to using this every day, my cheeks and under eye area feels so soft!

Edit: Started out using it all over my face 1x per day (at night), but started to get bumps on my forehead after a couple days. Switched to using it only under eye at night and the bumps seem to be going down.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MyPorcelainLife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just ordered my second, jar of this fantastic moisturizer. I've tried other brands like Hope in a Jar and nothing but nothing has measured up to this fantastic concoction! I've us used other products from Chagrin Valley and loved all of them so it's no surprise how much I adore this stuff. It's light going on but has the power of a much heavier moisturizer. I will never go back to anything else!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product every morning and night around my eyes. My eyes have a tendency to get really dry around the edges (thanks, allergies), but this really combats that completely. The richness isn't an issue at night, but in the morning it can get in the way of makeup. The way I work around this is by washing my face, putting it on around my eyes, and doing the rest of my routine. About fifteen minutes after putting it on, I use the backs of my hands to "dab" the rest off so that I can finish my makeup routine. It keeps my eyelids and under eyes hydrated all day and keeps me from itching them. I've also used this all over my face at night with no reaction, but I woke up oilier than normal, so I don't do that anymore. All-in-all, highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by twoformirth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff - the texture, the quality of it and how light and smooth it is. I use it with a nice light facial sunscreen over top. Great product, plan on using it for the forseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third bottle and I really like this stuff! I've been trying to clean up my beauty routine by using mostly natural products and I have been VERY happy with this company. The customer service was excellent when I had a shipping issue and although I would normally be weary purchasing through an online vendor, I now happily order from CH regularly.

My only complaint is the second jar I got wasn't as filled as the first; however, because the company was so great dealing with my first legitimate shipping problem, I decided not to complain so I'm crossing my fingers. I'm still ordering a 3rd!

The lotion has a radiant quality which I like very much. Excellent for night or under make up (but I like that shine/radiant look versus a matte finish...this could be because I'm normally so dry living in the desert heat) but it sinks in eventually. I'm not sure I agree with others about what it's been doing for fine lines. In fact, I've grown worried that this accentuates them from time to time but I think that may just be because I needed to use an additional moisturizer. This plus organic Rosehip Seed Oil has been fantastic though! In fact, I'm going to order another jar right now :) CH is great. Take a chance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a CV soap addict but this product has really sealed the deal for me. I am nearly 40 & my skin is super dry with dry, flaky patches around my mouth and nose. I apply this cream to my entire face moring & night in the winter. Only at night in the summer. It is a *bit* greasy but for a dry-skinned person this stuff sinks in very well. The jar is small but will most likey last the entire winter season. Love this product and the icing on the cake is that it's natural : )

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by poopichia

Ladies, you can throw away your sleeping masks now!

I've been using sleeping masks from all sorts of brands for times when my skin gets flaky but since I am oily at the same time, I end up with clogged pores and huge acne bumps that stay under the skin for months. Decided to try this mousse out because of the great reviews and no regrets at all! Awfully oily upon application but i woke up to a much softer and yet firmer face the next morning.

Price is great, shipping to Singapore within a week, what more can I ask for? Best. Thing. Ever.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just finished my first of Im sure will be many jars of this. I love it. My face has never looked better and my dermatologist was impressed. The lack of true actives is probably the best part actally. It's just moisture and it's what my skin needed. Super inexpensive, all natural, and made by hand. I wish I lived near them so I could buy it wihtout shipping!