Chagrin Valley Shea Rose Clay Soap

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 10/7/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a bit hesitant trying this after having some issues with the Rhassoul Clay and Yoghurt complexion soap, since this also contains clay. I really should not have worried - my skin loved this. It must contain a good bit of rose EO because my skin felt moisturised and soft, and the strong smell of roses lingered for a bit.

I think the soap cleans very gently (has a very silky, fine lather), and while not the most moisturising CV soap, it's still quite hydrating. I don't know if it's the clay or something else, but this is one of the softer soaps of Ida's that I've tried, so take extra precautions storing this one between showers so that it lasts longer. That said, however, the sample I purchased lasted me a good 2 months or so of daily use. I already bought a full-sized version since then :)

on 8/24/2012 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a little bias because I love Chagrin Valley stuff. This soap is honestly not my most favorite because it doesn't do much for my skin, but it's still way rad. It cleanses really well and never leaves me feeling dry, itchy, or tight.

on 3/24/2012 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't actually think much of this soap at first, and I wouldn't have ordered it on my own [my sister gave it to me]. So imagine my surprise as it started growing on me the more I used it! This soap is all about soft, creamy, and gentle. It lathers up to a nice, creamy lather, moisturizes very well, is gentle on your skin and smells dreamy.

This is definetly one of the oddest colored soaps I've ever seen! It is sort of a terra cotta pink shade, and reminds me of a brick sitting in my shower soap rack. But....it is wonderful to my skin! Unlike many other natural soaps, this one lathers up very well-I use it with a shower mitt, and a little goes a long way. It gives me enough lather to shave with, without cutting myself to ribbons, too. The rose scent is very natural and not cloying at all. However, it doesn't last long after the shower. My skin felt very smooth and soft right after the shower, and still does, hours later. I definetly recommend this, and will buy it again. Chagrin Valley has sample sizes of their soaps, which is marvelous because it is very hard to pick just one!-and the price of those is about 2.60 or so apiece. The full size bars are approximately 7.50 each, which sounds like a lot, but just a little of this soap is plenty, and even the sample sizes will last quite a while. Worth every penny, and with 100% natural ingredients (which are listed on the website) you can't go wrong!
UPDATE: Several days later, this funny-looking soap is still leaving my skin silky soft for hours, and I have a sizeable chunk of my sample size left. I will absolutely buy it again-it's brilliant!