July 29, 2014 | 1960 users online

Blush - Milani - Baked Blush in Dolce Pink

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I love the color, but its a little too shimmery for my taste. Also, takes a couple of coats to apply evenly ... the first coat is all shimmer and it gets everywhere. I have to barely touch my brush with product. Pretty color --- I might check out more of the matte colors next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I picked up this blush at my local CVS during a buy one get one half off. After wearing this a few times I still can't seem to tell if I love it or not yet. It's a pretty pink color, a little darker than I'm used to. These blushes are SUPER pigmented but also packed with glitter. I find that if I apply this with my angled blush brush that I look like I have war paint stripes on my face (as per my boyfriends comments). However if I use a fluffy brush to apply this I am able to buff away some of the shimmer. I'm hoping that I can get past the top layer of super packed glitter and down to the pigment more. I like this color because I'm fair but I can also get relatively dark in the summer and it just seems to brighten up my face really well. I gave it a 3/5 just because of all the shimmer and sometimes I feel like it can be really overdone if you are not careful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I wanted to absolutely love this blush, I did. I love all their blushes but this one. I like it a lot, don't get me wrong, but it's very shimmery. I should've known seeing the shimmer but I love Milani and jumped.

It's a golden pink color and beautiful, but the shimmer is a bit much for me. I tone it down with translucent powder and that helps a lot. Some of their other blushes are shimmery too but I didn't see it translate onto my cheeks like this one did.

Healthy glow and nice color but I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Not a knock against this blush but blushes like this make my cheeks look like they have wrinkles that they don't have. It just doesn't look right over my foundation which is covering rosacea bumps and larger pores. I think it's the sparkle over the bumps. It looks good swatched on my hand but on my cheeks it looks awful. I have 3 other Milani blushes to try but I'm hesitant because of the sparkle. I think I need to stay with matte blushes.

It is quite pretty, just not right for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I didn't like this blush in the summer when I was darker (about NC30) but now that I'm paler, about NC 20, I've started using it almost daily.

I love a lot of Milani's products, their eyeliners are amazing, highlighting powders - and all the blushes I own are super pigmented so I have to be careful (even when I was darker) about application otherwise I'll look like I have a fever! I use a fluffy MAC or EcoTools blush brush and tap it lightly into the compact, then dust over cheeks and blend out a bit. For a night out I will apply it a bit more heavily. Dolce Pink is such a soft, slightly shimmery pink - very wearable and would probably suit most women in the light to medium skin tone. The shimmer doesn't look like overkill on the skin even though it can appear overwhelming in the pan. I tend to go for matte blushes, but I love highlighting type blushes as well because I have high cheekbones I want to bring out even more and with this blush I just have to swipe on one product for colour + highlight. This reminds me a lot of Bourjois Blushes only they don't have a weird smell and are way more pigmented, or MAC's Mineralize blushes (which I also use) - gorgeous colour, super pigmented and lasts all day - this is the ONE and only blush I own I don't have to touch up after a full 10-12 hour workday.

Very good quality, highly recommend this or any shade - if you find this too pink or too light try the Rose D'oro, a bit more of a bronze-y dusty rose colour that is deeper and looks great on warm skintones - it's what I wear in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately, I have a very narrow face with flat cheeks, so although this blush is a lovely shade of medium pink for my NW15 skin, in the light it looks like a stripe of glitter. As if I took a cream highlighter and literally painted a stripe onto my cheeks.

I feel like this would be stunning on someone with rounder cheeks, so I will be trying it on some of my friends. But the literal stripe of glitter look just isn't for me. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by zella_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had no issues with pigmentation that other reviewers mention. I am NC20 and it gave a nice even pink tone, but holy sparkles batman! No shimmer on me. It was huge gold flecks. At my age I just don't feel comfortable with it personally, but I'll be giving it to my 17yr neice. It felt nice and blendable but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my every day "go to" color. I have fair skin, freckles, and dry cheeks. A little goes a long way and it lasts all day on top of my foundation. It does not turn into a funky shade or orange later nor does it slide around on my face. There is a little sparkle to it but it isn't so glittery that it looks like I should be wearing rainbows and unicorn accessories.

I recently gave up on cream blushes because I do not have time for crap to slide around on my face. I got on MakeupAlley and read the reviews for the Milani Baked Blushes and hot diggity dog they were on sale at CVS. I bought a few shades but this one is my favorite for day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this blush. It's very shimmery and I feel like you can't go wrong with a shade like this. I use a pretty heavy hand and build up the color so I could see how some people wouldn't be pleased with the color payoff. After I've built the color I do enjoy the look. It's very natural. It doesn't last all day though, and leaves my boyfriend very sparkly ^_^;

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was SO disappointed in this product. I literally was reading reviews on MUA as I stood in front of the Milani display attempting to chose a color. I already have a good peachy blush, so I passed on the Luminoso and bought this one. Junk. I am a pretty fair-skinned girl, and this product did not show up on me at all. I take that back: the shimmer sort of showed up, in that it made it look like I have huge pores on my cheeks (which I do not). Also, I looked down on my bathroom counter after having tried applying & re-applying with my blush brush, and YIKES, the stuff was everywhere. It was as big a mess as with loose mineral make-up. This stuff went everywhere. Bottom line, no color payoff whatsoever and a big mess. I would not recommend.