September 1, 2014 | 1055 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Natural Beauty

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by clpds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a beautiful blush! It's a colour that I do not own in my collection. I bought my first Tarte blush in December but it wasn't Natural Beauty (though I had this one on my Sephora love this first) I ended up buying Tipsy (which I also reviewed).

I only own 2 Tarte blushes these two are it!

Natural Beauty is beautiful reddish/fuchsia that gives you that winter flushed look. It is very flattering on darker skintones (I'm NC42). A little goes a long way and this blush is extremely pigmented. It lasts about 7 hours of wear-time and think that is perfectly reasonable. I go to work and when I come home it's starting to fade. Usually the only makeup I end up retouching throughout the day on average is my lipstick/lipgloss.

Natural Beauty is the type of blush I wear when I want a bolder, show stopping look.

Overall, I highly recommend Natural Beauty. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because there are so many other blushes out there and I'd like to try them all! (Especially others in the Tarte line!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Absolutely wonderful. I could see this blush suiting such a wide spectrum of skintones (MAC NC40 here). Natural Beauty is a lovely strawberry pink that blends nicely into the face without being clownish. The blush itself comes in an attractive compact and I enjoy the stamped design on its surface. A quick dusting with a fluffy blush brush yields a believable rosy hue that is reminiscent of having been in the cold. This product is blissfully void of any sparkle or shimmer so it definitely looks natural on the cheeks. This has been my go-to blush for almost a year and I have not even put a dent in it so the pigmentation is rather good as well, around the quality of a NARS blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by helenelizabee

This is such a beautiful blush in such a unique shade, unlike any other blush I own. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks with an RT multi task brush & like the name suggests, it really does bring out your natural beauty (for reference, I have NC20 - NC25 skin depending on time of year). It's a stunning strawberry red shade which looks scary in the pan but used sparingly, gives a beautiful glow & pop of natural flush to the cheeks without any shimmer or glitter. It's quite a hard formula blush which I quite like as you don't get dusty powder everywhere & you don't end up wasting any product this way. I asked a friend to pick this up for me when she visited NY a few months ago along with the matte lipsurgence pencil in Lucky which is also a HG product for me. Such a shame you can't get hold of Tarte very easily in the UK because these blushes are a stand out makeup product (I own 2 other shades - Adored & Buff). The packaging is also super cute & very hard wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I went to NY a few months ago and I really wanted to buy some Tarte cosmetics after hearing many great reviews on their products. I bought the Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in 'natural beauty' which is a medium/deep coral pink. It looks very natural on my medium skin tone (with yellow undertones - for ref I'm between NC35-42 in MAC). I paid $29 (approx £17 GBP). I tested the blush one day and it was still visible after 8-10hrs which was very impressive. I cannot comment on the 12hr mark as they claimed on this blush as I've only worn it for a max of 10hrs. However, this is by far the BEST long-wearing blush I've ever used! This beats my other faves such as Bobbi Brown's 'nectar' blush. I have combination skin (oily t-zone & normal/dry cheeks) and whenever I wear foundations my cheeks do look slightly dewy which I don't mind and I can still see the colour of the Tarte blush, but it doesn't look the same as I first applied it. Instead it gives a natural finish/flush after a few hours as opposed to "painting it on". I like the compact packaging especially the pop of colour as it stands out in my cosmetics bag. I wish Tarte cosmetics was available in the UK (and Europe in general!) I am curently loving their foundation - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage 12hr foundation, which I've also reviewed on MUA. Overall I would highly recommened Tarte blushes. I will have to finish my other blushes first before buying new ones (basically using the Tarte blush sparingly because I can't buy it here lol). If you have a similar skin tone as me and looking for a natural flush of colour, try to buy this 'natural beauty' shade. Definitely worth the pricetag! Kudos to Tarte :) Hope this review helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by NJulia

I have been using Tarte products for a long time now. I use their CC tinted moisturizer, their cheek stains and most recently their powder blush. I love this color, it's kind of a rosy-red which goes nicely with my light skin. It lasts all day long, even if I go out for a drink after work I never have to reapply. You have to have a light hand with this color because one time I didn't and I was being asked all day if I was hot. It's not heavy either which is good because I'm prone to have breakouts on my cheeks. I'll keep going back to this blush even after I finish this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first (and only) red blush. I have very pale skin so I was a tad afraid of how it would look on me. Natural Beauty is pinkish red, reminiscent of crushed strawberry juice. It appears to lean cool to me, which is good for my pale cool skin. Is it pigmented? Oh yeah. One swipe with my blush brush will work for a very light yet obvious wash of color. However, if you apply with a very light hand it will be sheer and buildable to your preferred color depth. I personally like two swipes worth of blush on me.

This would be a great blush for fall and winter because it does look like you've just been out in the cold, but in a good way. Since my skin is very oily, if I don't wear anything else besides the blush then it will disappear within an hour. This is even if I overapply to the point I resemble a flesh colored Pikachu. If I wear primer and foundation (which I usually do because my skin is very oily) it will last about ten hours on my face. A little faded, but still noticeable even from a distance. This is even after this self admitted compulsive face toucher has been pressing her palms against her cheeks on and off all day. Love it. Tarte makes fantastic blushes and this one is definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new blush to add to my collection and I had heard good things about the amazonian clay blushes. Everyone loves the one called amuse and idk I like more noticeable colors on my cheeks and lips. I saw this one and it does look scary in the packaging but trust me it's not bad. You'd think you'd need a light hand but actually I use quite a heavy hand for the look I want and it doesn't look clownish or anything. I'm pretty sure they describe it on the sephora site as a bright strawberry color which I would agree with, but it's a little deeper than they give it credit. It's very similar to the color my cheeks turn if I'm out in the cold or I exercise which is good very natural (with a lighter hand than I use I should think haha) on fair skintones. I can tell it's going to last me a long time so it's a good value for the money and it lasts all day. I apply with a sonia kashuk stipple brush sometimes and it gives a good flush, better than a blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a red blush that leans on the fuchsia side. It is very pigmented so its easy to go overboard and look like pikachu! When applied lightly this looks so natural and gives the most beautiful flush of color. It makes me look more healthy and I notice that right after I apply it. In my opinion this blush is suitable year round. Would look great in the hot months and in the cold months as well. I recommend using it more true to color in the cold months! Would look awesome with dark lippies. The reason I bought this was because I wanted a long wearing blush that lasted through work and I personally feel like darker blushes tend to stay on longer than light shades. This does not disappoint, it lasted me 10 hours! It is a true matte, no shimmers at all. Love it and if I ever use it up I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

These blushes are one of the best.. I own about 4 of them but i only use the dark berry color one (cant remember the name) because i have an olive color skin and that color is the only one that stays longer.. I mean it doesnt stay on all day but the lighter pink colors doesnt show up.. I have to keep layering it to show but i didnt like the finish.. They dont stay all day though but they are GOOD blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is so pigmented! I wanted to try something different and matte, saw this color at Sephora, and decided to give it a try. A little does go a long way and it gives my tan, olive cheeks a great pop. I used this everyday during the Fall/Winter and its looks like I barely used any product. This lasts all day, so no need to re-apply! It's pricier than drugstore blushes, but there is so much product and it will last you a long time. I love these blushes that I went ahead and bought the shade Tipsy for the Spring/Summer!