July 29, 2014 | 1590 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Bubbly

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was part of a VIB gift at Sephora that I picked up this past weekend. The good thing was this looks pretty much like a full-size tube or close. However, I could tell that the colour wouldn't do much for my pigmented lips. I didn't really mind because a shiny shimmery clear gloss is every time-limited girl's best friend sometimes. The tube promises that it smells and tastes delicious. It's slightly citrusy-sweet to taste but I didn't like it, kept tasting it and even smelling it half an hour after application even though I didn't intend to. It's certainly pretty, a light pink with loads of fine glitter. It may be just me, or just that there is more in the tube at the wider end than the compressed end, but the gloss seemed more orange near the tip and more pink at the end of the tube. In any case, this did very little for my lips. The texture is a bit odd, sticky and squishy (more so than others), and I agree with another reviewer that it made my lips feel slightly numb after a while. It did not dry me out but the lasting power was only moderate. Fading left tons of shimmer on my lips. I won't be purchasing the full size, and will probably use the rest to gloss up lipstick or stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tastes like soap or shampoo to me. I like the consistency, but couldn't get over the smell/taste. Got this as part of a Sephora VIP gift. Wouldn't buy Bubbly, but would possibly try another color or flavor.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, the smell is great and the gloss looks nice and sparkly. But for whatever reason, it made my lips feel a bit strange, a little numb. I wish this came in a smaller tube rather than a 15 mL b/c I quickly got sick of the scent.

I also think this made me break out around my lips.

I got this in the holiday pack which was ~$50 CDN including taxes, which included 8 pieces. That means this gloss cost ~$6 which is a decent price but I dislike the product. I gave the rest of the glosses away as Xmas gifts.