Sigma F84 Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki

4.6

on 8/27/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Blush was the most difficult makeup for me to apply. I never got it in the right spots, or I accidentally over-applied, or I didn't apply enough, or I inadvertantly did the '80s "cheekbone" streaks that made me look like a mad woman in photos.

Those days are gone. At first I didn't like the appearance of this brush, because the lack of symmetry bugged me. However, the angled bristles make all the difference in the world when it comes to me and blush. People actually compliment my makeup...out of the blue people...so I know I'm using something right! I have the Sigmax Kabuki Kit and each brush in the kit is a favorite. The quality and performance are outstanding.

on 10/21/2014 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an okay brush but unlike its marketing ploy it isn't similiar to the kabuki style brush. Depending on what side you use it can slightly reach areas of your face like the inner corners of your eyes and the outer corner of the nose,but how much it can do this will vary for everyone. I used this with two products : Mac studio fluid NW 13 and Coty,and it is more impressive with cream like formulas. To my shock the powder slipped off with a simple twist of my wrist. This domed shape brush is soft, and doesn't shed much. It is also easy to wash.

on 2/14/2014 5:00:00 AM

I originally bougt this brush for blush application. It didnīt work for that so it ended upp laying in a drawer for almost an intire year. One day my foundation brush was wet from washing it and i looked in the drawer to find a temporary replacement. This was the only one I found so I randomly decided to try it for foundation. I couldnīt have been happier. Iīve never had foundation like this before! Even, full coverage, FLAWLESS!! This is the best foundation brush there is. Period.

on 4/28/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

yay for this brush! i like the angled head better than i like the f82 to be honest!
its got a bigger surface to work into your face with and can get into the nooks and crannies abit better. it is more 'pliable' in my opinion, not as dense and can spread everythng around really well instead of just soaking it into the bristles (like the f82)
thick and sturdy handle, paid $18 on sigma website.
there is no packaging so i gave that a 5, and the price a 3 because that is moderate compared to sonia kushuk and much better priced than mac/bobbi brown or other high end brands
gives a great buffing of foundation and leaves no streaks. i use this with my cream foundations and liquids, ive never tried it with powder. i reckon it would be great for powder blush application and even cream blushes too
i love mine, it beats my mac 188 and 187 in my opinion. also beats my real techniques buffing brush too

on 3/8/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Discovered this brush after watching makeup tutorials on youtube and decided to purchase this brush. So glad I did, such a great brush for applying liquid foundation, the angled top is perfect for getting into all areas of my face especially around the nose and eyes. Great product, the bristles don’t malt onto your face when applying the product and is easily washed, although it does take some time to dry this one. Would highly recommend this brush!

on 2/1/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

One of my favourite ever bronzers is the Soleil Tan De Chanel and the F84 applies it to my cheeks very well. The angled head is gets right into my cheek hollows and the bristles pick up plenty of colour and apply the bronzer exactly where I want it to be. Because I only use it to apply my Chanel bronzer it's very easy to clean.

on 11/8/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE THIS BRUSH! I use it for applying liquid foundation and blending out concealer and no standard foundation brush will ever compare! Great brush for buffing in foundation and making it look seamless. Only downside is the tough task of trying to get it clean again! The angle of this brush stands out in the Synthetic Kabuki line as its really handy at getting into the crevices of your face and shaping your eye makeup. Very dense bristles, sturdy handle and very easy to use. Thoroughly recommend

on 10/10/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Re: Sigma, I would only repurchase their synthetic line. And of those, the F84 is my favorite for all the reasons everyone already stated when the right foundation calls for it. The P84 also is great for large areas of concealing.

I also will add that I really dislike the regular Sigma black dyed brushes, as they constantly bleed and have given/swapped them all away. I'm washing w/ Dr. Bronners 3-in-1 Almond w/ my MAC brushes w/out issue.

on 9/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

I bought F82,80 and 84 and love them all. I also have a super expensive Sheshido brush small kabuki which led me to these. Sigma such great value and a flawless finish.

I use the angle one for foundation but the flat top is great too. I like the flat top for stippling on a blush and the round top is great for even a light touch up with powder. Really though they are all interchangeable.

If pushed the F84 angle is most versatile.

I use this for foundation and it has become my must have foundation brush! I use it to apply cream foundation (The Balm) and to blend in concealer on my face or undereye area.
I only wish the handle could be slightly thinner than it is now. Other than that, totally in love! Affordable price + shipping fee. Washes really well with no bleeding/shedding! Totally recommend.

Popular Makeup Brushes