August 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Face) - Bobbi Brown - Extra Repair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by nancycho2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a problem... I over exfoliate and my skin is now hypersensitive so I breakout at the first sign of anything that my skin doesn't. Like... makes no sense and it's my fault but anyway my story is this... when I first had my breakout it was from using clarisonic a little too much and too long. So I went to rhe bobbi brown counter for some help and they gave me a sample of the extra repair serum and cream to try and my skin loved it. It cleared me up and so I bought a full size. I got a breakout again much after I was done using them up so I reordered them again. Well this time it did not help at all since my skin was in a pretty bad shape. I had to go to the doctor's and get a shot and some steroid pills and cream which cleared it up. I also got a dml forte cream from the doctors and I think it helps to keep my skin safe from breakouts and moisturized. The serum is like a lotion aand is really moiturizing and smells really nice. If you have normal to dry skin I think you will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vatel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

need to try it for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by everafterall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this serum. The best thing about it, my face isn't dehydrated now.

Oily creams will not help with dehydration. They only give me pimples. Oily, heavy creams are for dry skin, skin lacking oil, not water.

My skin could easily be considered sensitive, but it's biggest issue is dehydration. When my skin becomes dehydrated my skin retaliates with dryness, redness, sensitivity, and sometimes pimples. Makeup associates repeatedly tell me, "You have dry skin." I actually have oily skin, maybe now that I am older it's becoming more combination, but it's not dry. It's dehydrated. Dry skin lacks oils. Dehydrated skin lacks water. My environment is stripping away my skin's water. Drinking more water helps, but as someone else said, that's like trying to cure your thirst by soaking in the bath.

I agree with the other good reviews. This serum helps you keep your skin hydrated. (Before I started my current routine, my makeup would dry out and look patchy instead of smooth on my face. This was my skin soaking up the moisture that was in my foundation.)

Now, after washing my face or showering, I barely pat it dry. Before drying the rest of me, as quick as possible, definitely within 2 minutes, I apply Bobbi Brown Extra Repair, then I use Luzern Force De Vie Micro Gel (it's lightweight, hydrating, and calming). My final step is to apply InfiniteAloe. All these steps lock in the moisture.

No dryness, no redness, no pimples. This is what works for me. My face isn't greasy. It feels smooth, and soft. Everyone is different. Hope this helps.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Coubre

This serum is amazing . Was so glad to see everyone else agrees . I'm quiet oily but I don't find this to rich or heavy it doesn't sit on top of my skin it's hydrates my dehydration and gives my skin a glow without looking oily. I only use this at night but it's a fabulous serum I also love the smell Coubre x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this serum. I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect skincare routine, and this product will definitely make the final cut. I have combination skin with normal tzone and dry cheeks/undereye area. If that's not frustrating enough, my skin gets insanely dehydrated as well. (Thanks to a friend's dermatologist, I recently learned the important difference between dry skin and dehydrated skin and it has made a huge difference in my skincare routine). Instead of piling on heavy moisturizers, she suggested using a serum with hydrating properties to address my dehydration issues (along with lots of fluids and healthy diet). I ran across this serum on Nordstrom's website, and being a big fan of BB's Extra repair foundation and eye cream, I read the product description and decided to order it. It was a hefty $108 bucks, but nowadays that seems not so bad for an effective serum (scary I know). The first time I used it I was hooked. It's more the consistency of a thin lotion rather than a serum, and it feels like silk. My skin feels wonderful, smooth, and hydrated after every use. After 1 week of use I noticed a marked improvement in the softness of my skin. By week 2, my dehydration had improved so much that I only have to use one layer of moisturizer for daytime. (Currently using PTR's Camu Camu Power C cream). Before, I'd literally have to start my moisturizing regimen a good hour before applying makeup because I had to apply it in layers no matter what type or brand I used. Now I can do a normal skincare routine in minutes because this serum has so greatly improved the moisture content in my skin. I stay hydrated thru the day as well...another huge plus! After 4 weeks of use I noticed my fine lines appeared less noticeable which was awesome considering I wasn't expecting any sort of anti-aging effects from this serum.
The packaging is nice also...a bit heavy maybe, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The bottle is thick frosted glass and I like that I can see how much product I have left. It also has a pump which is clean and doesn't dispense too much product at once. I have only one tiny complaint, and maybe it's just me, but I find that one pump is not enough for my face. I have to use 2-3 pumps and gently massage it in (it absorbs rather quickly but beautifully)...using that much twice daily morning and night tends to make the product not last a super long time...but it still lasts a reasonable length. I just tend to be super conservative with pricey serums to try and stretch them as far as possible! Thumbs WAY up!! However, those with oily skin my not enjoy this, as I could see it being too much. Happy skin-caring everyone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ariesseven

I bought this product based on the fabulous reviews here. It really does not do anything for me. I have bought so many less expensive serums over the years. I guess I was expecting something extraordinary given the price. Spend your money elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by elice1280

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! Extremely hydrating and diminishes appearance of fine lines! You can instantly feel a difference, you don't have to wait 4-6 weeks to see/feel a difference in your skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this item!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kassie7

I wish I didn't love this product because it is very expensive. But after normalizing my dry winter skin with red peeling spots, I tried to go without, just using Bobbi Brown Hydrating moisturizer under my Bobbi Brown moisturizing foundation. I lost the glow and red scales started showing up again. So I guess I've found the one thing I would take to a desert island. I'll just have to bite the bullet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by spinney

I USE RETIN A MICRO, HAVE FOR TWO YEARS, THIS YEAR MY SKIN IS VERY DRY, ONLY USE RETIN A 3 TIMES A WEEK, TRIED MANY OVER THE COUNTER PRODUCTS, LOOKED FOR SOMETHING THAT WOULD HELP ME, THE REVIEWS WERE GOOD, BOUGHT IT, LET ME TELL YOU, WORTH EVERY PENNY ,I PAID, FIRST RATE PRODUCT.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by kalie0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! This stuff has been so great for my dehydrated skin. I saw immediate results the just kept getting better with use. My major concern was clogged pores on my nose from dehydrated skin along with problems with the way foundation was sitting around my cheek area. My skin was so dehydrated it would absorb the moisture out of any foundation making my skin resemble a desert. This serum has fixed those problems along with reducing redness and evening skin tone after using for about a month. It also gives my skin a nice glow.I am still deciding if it has helped with pore size.

I chose this serum over others I was considering (Estee Lauder, Dior, and Ren) because I preferred the feel and consistency. It is not sticky like others it is more milky and it absorbs immediately into my skin. I just love it every time i put it on which is started as two pumps every morning and night but after about two weeks I started only needing one pump each morning and night.

If you are looking for a good serum definitely pick up a sample of this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No