July 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Liquid - Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I don't use an airbrush and never have. I have used so many different foundations and even combinations of foundations hoping for that perfect moment. And I did find one through a mix of Boots No.7 products. But it is still very thick on my face. I struggle with breakouts and a constant flushed look and wanted a solution.
I watched a youtube video (I can't remember who) on using airbrush makeup without the actual machine. I had amazon giftcards so I figured why not try it out and YES!!!! It works!!! :) I only use the foundation and in light golden beige. I squirt it on the back of my hand and dab it on my face and buff it in with a brush. It takes less than 1/8tsp to cover my face. I still use Boots no7 for under my eyes and on my nose to provide more coverage, but airbrush makeup is amazing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lm003

Excellent product. In the morning my face is dry with rough patches but tends to get excessivly oily at the end of the day. I moisturize after washing my face then apply the foundation using the Dinair airbrush. I also use 1 drop of their Moist and Dewey product when mixing the foundation It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day. My skin still get's oily but the makeup stays put, I just use blotting paper to remove the shine. I will be using this product for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Mikipoo19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just want to start off by saying my opinions are for me and my view.. I don't hold my skin problems against the mameup, just on how my makeup treats my problems. With that being said.. I love this foundation . super easy to learn great for full coverage with out brush strokes or anything. It is NOT good for under the eyes but that is OK I just use my reg concealer. and if you pull the skin gently tight so get in your creases/wrinkles. ..you will look fabulous all day.. ♡♡♡♡

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by whitesquaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have used dinair since the early 90s and it is fantastic. I have also purchased just about every kind of foundation available to try different things, colors, methods, etc. but honestly, this gives me the most flawless look. I have very very sensitive skin, prone to acne, redness, sun-sensitive, allergy-prone, you name it. I have ALWAYS found their customer service to be GREAT. I read an earlier review mentioning clogging issues, etc. All I can say to that is: there are so many videos on the dinair website regarding maintaining your airbrush, any problems, cleaning, application, tips, whatever you could need, so I cannot see someone complaining they cant figure it out. and I'm not a rocket scientist and I can do it. it's called 'turn on the computer, watch some very short videos, pay attention, and don't be lazy.

just like everything in life, what you put into something greatly affects what you get out. quit blaming everyone else for your own problems.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ekristensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very acne-prone skin. I recently discovered that all the other foundations I'd been using had one common ingredient (dimethicone) that was a known causer of acne, so I began looking elsewhere for other solutions. Before this I had tried absolutely everything else to stop getting such horrible spots, i.e. being knowledgeable and strict with my skincare routine, cleaning and sterilizing my make-up brushes after EVERY single use, cleaning my cosmetics on a regular basis, etc. No dice - still got the spots. So that's when I started eyeing my foundations.

To cut a long story short, I started to use Dinair's Glamour Foundation (I'm a combination of Vanilla with a teeny bit of Alabaster) and haven't looked back. My spots have gone away, my skin feels like it can breathe but I'm still getting the same - actually better - coverage that I was getting with my conventional liquid foundations. It's faster to apply, less clean-up than washing my foundation brushes every day and gives a beautiful, matte finish that actually LASTS all day long (unlike the promises of the other foundations I'd been using, none of which proved true for me...)

I honestly can't bring myself to use my old foundations anymore; they feel too gloopy and thick on my skin, I can practically FEEL the spots forming in my pores whenever I wear it. With Dinair, I don't get that feeling at all. And I've gotten SO many compliments on my complexion and my facial make-up in general (although I still apply my eye and lip make-up with traditional brushes).

If you're not sure if Dinair is right for you, there are tons of reviews and tutorials on YouTube and I'd definitely recommend watching as many as you can to get a feel for how the compressor machine works, how the products work, watch reviews and make-up tutorials (both from Dinair themselves and independent reviewers). That certainly helped me with deciding which airbrush system to go for.

Ultimately I chose Dinair because it's water-based (unlike Temptu, which is silicone-based), easy for personal use and compact enough to travel with if need be. I also felt it would be cheaper in the long term. And on all of these points, I've been proven right in my selection!

PROS
- Literally an airbrush finish
- Matte coverage (unless you use their amazing Moist & Dewey product on top)
- Water-based
- Non-comedogenic
- VERY light on the skin yet gives a full coverage
- Same cost as, if not cheaper than, traditional foundations as you only need a few drops to cover your entire face

CONS
- There's a learning curve to use it (and make it look good), which takes a little time
- Can be expensive to start up, as you need a compressor/gun/etc
- Airbrushing eyeshadows and stuff doesn't look as nice (in my opinion) as traditionally applied make-up

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JillyWilly

I became interested in airbrush makeup after I had it done for my wedding, and decided to investigate brands and purchase one for my own use. After doing some research, Dinair seemed to be the best value and easiest to use for a beginner. I purchased my unit, plus the extra colors that come in the biggest package deal (around $250) this summer. I really wanted to make this company and machine work, but since June I have had several awful experiences with Dinair's customer service, the products, and the over all company.

First of all, the unit is not great and often does not want to turn on and work functionally if there is the slightest amount of product left in the airbrush gun. No matter how much time I spend cleaning, I still can't predicate how my machine is going to work for me the next time I turn it on. Maybe this is just airbrush makeup in general, but I feel like it should not be this hard to use on a daily basis.

Secondly, I have called Dinair's customer service multiple times since I have owned my airbrush unit for help on how to use the machine and what to do when it gets clogged just to always hang up feeling confused or frustrated. The girls (and they are ALWAYS girls) that answer are not well versed in their products and are seldom of any help. In fact, they are always rude, and hang up on you if the conversation gets even slightly heated for any reason. There is no courtesy or politeness in these phone calls. I constantly feel EXTREMELY under-appreciated as a loyal customer, and don't feel welcome at all when I call for help or questions. I have invested well over $800 into their company just since June. I have gotten several different girls from customer service, and when I mention that a particular person I last spoke with said something to me, they respond, "don't listen to her; she doesn't know what she is talking about." On several different accounts this has occurred, which I find completely unprofessional, and shocking! There is obviously some politics happening behind scenes that I am having to hear as a customer on the other line. I last called on an error that occurred on their website, and consequently caused me to purchase a product I did not want. When I called to ask about a return of the item, not only would they not allow me to return it for a refund or credit, all they simply said was "sorry" and hung up. No compromise for their mistake and no sympathy for the problem. In fact, it was MY fault it happened, and their is nothing they were willing to do about it. I hung up swearing I was never going to purchase from them again. And I haven't. If they don't want to help their customers, they are going to lose them; its just that simple.

On a different note, I was purchasing items from Dinair when they still had "Dina Sparkle Points", where every dollar was a point. I racked up a good amount of them, and then one week they announced they were getting rid of this reward system. I was ensured that I would be able to redeem my already accumulated points over the phone. Once the points system was gone, so were my points. After several phone calls, I was denied any sort of credit for them, and was treated as an obnoxious customer who wanted compensation for no reason. I was ultimately cheated of the points I already earned and could do nothing about it. At this point, there is zero incentive to continue purchasing products from them.

As for the products; they are expensive for even the smallest bottle available, and are hard to use on the face. The shimmers ALWAYS clog my machine and cause me to use half a bottle of cleaner to even get the gun to spray normally again. I am not satisfied with how the colors spray on at all either. I have watched every youtube video Dinair has put out, and am confident I am using the machine correctly.

At this point I have used Dinair for almost six months on myself and others, including for my sister's wedding, and have concluded that I will no longer be buying from them. Like I said, I really wanted to make this company work for me because they appeared to have a good reputation in the media, but they just weren't making it easy to work with. There are companies just as good as them, or better, and I plan on investing in another machine from a competing company. At this time I do not recommend this company, or its products, to anyone interested in trying out airbrushing. Temptu or Luminess are both good companies, and I will be looking into their products instead.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by kdaooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love all the makeup from Dinair. The finish is flawless and matte. I usually get oily throughout the day, but with their foundation I stay matte from morning til night. I used to use YSL liquid foundation, but it would make me break out. With Dinair, since it's water based, my skin stays acne/blemish free.

The makeup is super affordable for a college student like me. A little goes a long way.

I also like that you can customize everything. I get darker in the summer and lighter in the winter, so it's nice that they give you several shades to mix. I also like that I can use the blush colors on my lips as lipgloss with the dewy/moisture liquid.

I read some reviews about the airbrush not working properly after several uses, and I can say that mine is just like new after weeks of daily use. Maybe the other people just aren't cleaning it correctly?

The packaging is also adorable. I like the little hearts on all the bottle caps. The airbrush/compressor are a great size that would make them easy to travel with.

Anyways, Dinair foundation is wonderful if you want that flawless, airbrushed look that lasts the whole day for less money than designer foundation from places like Sephora. I totally recommend!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by gmarie82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to sephora and I happened to have a temptu airbrush application there. I loved it so much but I do my research before i purchase anything. This was years ago before dinair even got popular through tv ads etc. I decided that because of the pods were so expensive, and the reputation dinair had as well as the versatility it was a better choice. I worked overtime to even be able to afford this before I left for beauty school full time... I follow instructions perfectly it was so fussy, and never really looked right. It gets so tight and cracks, if you hug someone and accidentally brush against their shoulder you'll have a void mark on your cheek... it clings to the peach fuzz to your face and it looks so artificial... under your eyes gets so cracked you look so much older than you are. I have tried every trick in the book... apparently why I liked temptu's make up so much is because it is silicone base and dinair is water base. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! Stick with Makeup forever hd make up less fuss, its powerless and actually makes you look beautiful with out the fuss!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by IrishEyes510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also received my Dinair system as a gift, and after 2 months the gun would not spray evenly and sputtered. I kept the gun really clean and only used Dinair products in it, so I called customer service and they said I should watch the video and clean it...which I told her I already had. She then told me that it was out of warranty and they could do nothing for me.

My friend has the same Dinair set as me and her gun also just so happened to stop working right after the warranty was up. hmmmmmm.

I decided to buy a Belletto Studio kit from HauteLook for $110...which I probably should have done in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jess8780

I purchased my Dinair pro kit a month ago. I completely obsessed and did numerous amounts of research and comparisons before i ended up purchasing the dinair kit. I was skeptical at first because i couldn't find the right color match and because my applications at first weren't so great or convincing(lack of practice of course). After a week i became better and bettter at applications and that's when i knew this will be my foundation forever! I end up with a flawless complexion every time now. I can sweat and my makeup is still there. It doesn't brake me out! and almost everything brakes me out(seriously, im not kidding... sometimes im even afraid of washing my face)! I like the fact that i don't have to spray a lot to get that even coverage. I am completely satisfied with this product! and the best part is that the make-up is very affordable! This is coming from a girl that hardly wears more than necessary make-up, now i even wear blush and enjoy contouring and highlighting my face!