Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium, Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate May Contain: (Pigments) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides,Manganese Violet,Chromium Oxide Green, Aluminum Powder,Bronze Powder

on 3/29/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I've experimented with MANY brands and while I wouldn't say that it is my absolute favourite, it is my go-to and I do choose to wear it as an everyday at the office makeup. The Glamour foundation contains talc so it works best for combination to oily skin. I wouldn't suggest it for normal to dry skin unless Moist & Dewy is mixed or sprayed over it. The Colair foundation is more pigmented and can cover more with less drops. The only reason I give this 4 stars and not necessarily the full 5 is that it has certain chemicals in it (iron oxides/titanium dioxide - the same ingredient(s) used in SPFs) that give me a bit of a white wash in photos and look ashy in comparison to my yellow neck. There are certain ways that I fix this such as a great HD setting powder and great setting spray. A lot of airbrush makeup wearers don't set their makeup and that's a big reason why they don't feel like this makeup does much for them. In order to get the best look from this brand, it needs to be "baked" into the skin with a great setting powder. Look for HD products since they don't contain the same ingredients that cause the ashy white finish and set it with a finishing spray/mist or with Dinair's Moist & Dewy. Trust me, you'll notice better results and you will look amazing in your photos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I don't really have much to compare this to, but I have an airbrush machine that is NOT dinair, I just use the dinair makeup.
From what I understood, airbrush makeup isn't suppose to be cakey, however mine is. I wasn't really impressed because it looks more cakey than regular foundation and it lasts shorter... I do like how I can match my skintone perfectly, Im just not a fan of the quality and price...

on 11/18/2014 5:48:00 PM

Do NOT purchase equipment from this company. The airbrushes are poorly made. When it fails, just pray you don't have a client in your chair. I have gone through 5 airbrushes since June. Once you start asking for a refund, they stop returning your phone calls and emails. I have spent over $500 with Dinair and lost even more because of their very poor product quality. They have sent out replacement airbrushes... that don't work. Yet, they think they've done everything possible to rectify the situation. Sending me defective equipment doesn't resolve anything. When I called one last time, "Daisha" suggested that I take a class. How nice that they blame customers for their poor product quality. And just to add insult to injury, I was warned not to call back as they'd flag me as harassing them. I have never ever been treated with such disrespect and disdain as a customer. BUYER BEWARE!!!

on 9/1/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The airbrush frequently clogged & then sprayed all over unevenly and stained my shirt. I ordered a new plug because my plug broke and received one that does not fit the machine, customer service refused to help. This is overpriced and is great in theory if machine did not constantly clog and then spray unevenly all over. Not worth the money & would not buy again!!!!

on 8/22/2014 5:32:00 PM

I have a Luminess Airbrush but wanted to try Dinair's makeup and it broke my face out very bad and was so heavy and made me very oily on top of that. Contacted customer service and received no help at all and the rep was actually rude so I will be sticking with my Luminess makeup and will not try any other airbrush companies as I am more than satisfied with my Luminess System!

on 5/21/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use an airbrush and never have. I have used so many different foundations and even combinations of foundations hoping for that perfect moment. And I did find one through a mix of Boots No.7 products. But it is still very thick on my face. I struggle with breakouts and a constant flushed look and wanted a solution.
I watched a youtube video (I can't remember who) on using airbrush makeup without the actual machine. I had amazon giftcards so I figured why not try it out and YES!!!! It works!!! :) I only use the foundation and in light golden beige. I squirt it on the back of my hand and dab it on my face and buff it in with a brush. It takes less than 1/8tsp to cover my face. I still use Boots no7 for under my eyes and on my nose to provide more coverage, but airbrush makeup is amazing :)

on 5/1/2014 12:45:00 AM

Excellent product. In the morning my face is dry with rough patches but tends to get excessivly oily at the end of the day. I moisturize after washing my face then apply the foundation using the Dinair airbrush. I also use 1 drop of their Moist and Dewey product when mixing the foundation It makes my skin look flawless and it lasts all day. My skin still get's oily but the makeup stays put, I just use blotting paper to remove the shine. I will be using this product for the foreseeable future.

on 3/11/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just want to start off by saying my opinions are for me and my view.. I don't hold my skin problems against the mameup, just on how my makeup treats my problems. With that being said.. I love this foundation . super easy to learn great for full coverage with out brush strokes or anything. It is NOT good for under the eyes but that is OK I just use my reg concealer. and if you pull the skin gently tight so get in your creases/wrinkles. ..you will look fabulous all day.. ♡♡♡♡

on 1/13/2014 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have used dinair since the early 90s and it is fantastic. I have also purchased just about every kind of foundation available to try different things, colors, methods, etc. but honestly, this gives me the most flawless look. I have very very sensitive skin, prone to acne, redness, sun-sensitive, allergy-prone, you name it. I have ALWAYS found their customer service to be GREAT. I read an earlier review mentioning clogging issues, etc. All I can say to that is: there are so many videos on the dinair website regarding maintaining your airbrush, any problems, cleaning, application, tips, whatever you could need, so I cannot see someone complaining they cant figure it out. and I'm not a rocket scientist and I can do it. it's called 'turn on the computer, watch some very short videos, pay attention, and don't be lazy.

just like everything in life, what you put into something greatly affects what you get out. quit blaming everyone else for your own problems.

on 12/30/2013 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have very acne-prone skin. I recently discovered that all the other foundations I'd been using had one common ingredient (dimethicone) that was a known causer of acne, so I began looking elsewhere for other solutions. Before this I had tried absolutely everything else to stop getting such horrible spots, i.e. being knowledgeable and strict with my skincare routine, cleaning and sterilizing my make-up brushes after EVERY single use, cleaning my cosmetics on a regular basis, etc. No dice - still got the spots. So that's when I started eyeing my foundations.

To cut a long story short, I started to use Dinair's Glamour Foundation (I'm a combination of Vanilla with a teeny bit of Alabaster) and haven't looked back. My spots have gone away, my skin feels like it can breathe but I'm still getting the same - actually better - coverage that I was getting with my conventional liquid foundations. It's faster to apply, less clean-up than washing my foundation brushes every day and gives a beautiful, matte finish that actually LASTS all day long (unlike the promises of the other foundations I'd been using, none of which proved true for me...)

I honestly can't bring myself to use my old foundations anymore; they feel too gloopy and thick on my skin, I can practically FEEL the spots forming in my pores whenever I wear it. With Dinair, I don't get that feeling at all. And I've gotten SO many compliments on my complexion and my facial make-up in general (although I still apply my eye and lip make-up with traditional brushes).

If you're not sure if Dinair is right for you, there are tons of reviews and tutorials on YouTube and I'd definitely recommend watching as many as you can to get a feel for how the compressor machine works, how the products work, watch reviews and make-up tutorials (both from Dinair themselves and independent reviewers). That certainly helped me with deciding which airbrush system to go for.

Ultimately I chose Dinair because it's water-based (unlike Temptu, which is silicone-based), easy for personal use and compact enough to travel with if need be. I also felt it would be cheaper in the long term. And on all of these points, I've been proven right in my selection!

PROS
- Literally an airbrush finish
- Matte coverage (unless you use their amazing Moist & Dewey product on top)
- Water-based
- Non-comedogenic
- VERY light on the skin yet gives a full coverage
- Same cost as, if not cheaper than, traditional foundations as you only need a few drops to cover your entire face

CONS
- There's a learning curve to use it (and make it look good), which takes a little time
- Can be expensive to start up, as you need a compressor/gun/etc
- Airbrushing eyeshadows and stuff doesn't look as nice (in my opinion) as traditionally applied make-up