November 22, 2014 | 1916 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals Fresh Cleanser + Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

UGH. I was given this by a friend. I have always had 'good skin'-i do not suffer from breakouts or acne and only get pimples if i'm stressed out or on my t-zone (clogged pores from oil, I assume).

1) The scent is AWFUL. I hate it!! Why in the world would a natural product like this one have a fragrance? There is something definitely non natural in the way this product smells, and I don't trust it.

2) It is DRYING. I have combination skin with dry cheeks and chin and an oily t-zone. I have been using this product for about a year, and halfway through summer, I noticed that my skin felt tight and uncomfortable after a wash. Not good. This has just increased and at last I realized that this product is to blame. I'm not using anything else besides a cream cleanser and lotion, and cream cleansers do not tighten the skin.

3) I have noticed that i'm getting odd little 'skin tag' like bumps in the sensitive skin around my eyes. YIKES! As these are red, they do tend to stand out. Also, this product does absolutely nothing for my t-zone, which is what demands the most attention. My pores will quickly get clogged around my forehead and I get little tiny raised bumps in that area that do not go away quickly. Also, my nose is often oily as well, and this product just does nothing for that. Even after I apply my makeup my nose STILL gets oily and slightly 'dewy'. I'm not sweating, and I don't know how to combat this. I don't know what to do when it comes to cleansers. I do not like gel, yet I need a nice, light liquid cleanser to wash my heavy makeup off. I'm set with a cream cleanser, but I can't use that by itself.

ARGHHH! At least this product was free. That is the ONLY saving grace. Maybe it will work for my boyfriend, who has terrible, acne prone skin. If anyone knows anything for him without a girly scent, let me know.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by wejay

As soon as I wiped this on my face my skin turned pink. Never happened with any other cleansers. It looks and feels like liquid soap and creates lots of lather, just like soap. I think it is soap. Skin feels stripped and slightly irritated. Will pour down the drain and return to my usual cream cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been through a couple of these cleansers, I really love this product. It removes makeup and cleans thoroughly exactly as it claims.It smells nice, too. I've tried other products from this line and haven't had much luck, but this is the one product that I really like. The price and the fact that it's easily available at the drugstore are good too!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Bought 2 bother of this when it was BOGOF at Ulta. Was hoping this could replace my Philosophy Purity Made Simple (HG) but it's just not even close to the same. It's o.k. to cleanse but it burns my eye area and doesn't thoroughly remove makeup.

Also, I quickly grew tired of the "apple" scent.

I'll finish the bottles I have because at the very least it isn't pissing my skin off, but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by BumblexX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I would absolutely love this as it does a great job of removing makeup (including waterproof mascara) and leaving my face feel fresh and soft afterwards.
The problem is I have dry skin and I have noticed in the past week I've been using this, my skin has become dryer than ever before and is very flaky!
So if you have oily or combination skin, this would be a great cleanser but I definitely wouldn't recommend it for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by arilee

A friend of mine from out of the country left this behind and I ran out of cleanser so I figured I would use it. Wow am I grateful that she forgot it. I've used this 3 times and it has made my skin look the healthiest it has since before puberty (I'm 21). I don't have terrible break outs but when I break out they tend to be under the skin or along my cheek bone area and I would have between 5-7 a month. This cleanser completely stopped all the ones on my cheeks and under the skin ones. I get about 1-2 a month now that are generally around my hairline but for the most part, all my acne is gone. Even when I do break out, they are very small and go away quickly. I also used to have pretty bad scarring from my teenage years but that also disappeared. Overall I would recommend this again for sure. I have pretty oily skin, so I'm not sure how it would react to dry skin and based on that and some reviews here, I would say it's probably not good for dry skin. Also, this will not be an acne solution if your acne is frequent or severe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 4:25:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will always use my Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover Wipes before applying any kind of liquid cleanser to my face whether or not it is meant to remove makeup. Then I will follow up with this cleanser to ensure that every bit of makeup is gone & sometimes will leave it at that & just start applying my toner etc. often times when I'm in a picky mood & don't want to use any of my medicated Benzoyl Peroxide washes I'll just use this. This smells & feels like hand soap & leaves my face feeling clean but not the squeaky kind like all of the moisture just got sucked out of me. I have very sensitive, oily skin & most face washes geared towards my skin type (oily mostly) contain alcohol & a lot of other nasty junk that I would just prefer to not put all over my face. Instead I lean towards natural/moisturizing products & am so happy that my favorite skincare brand has one for both :) the packaging could be in a tube to make it easier for traveling but for the daily this is a nice thing to put on my sink counter.

UPDATE 10/3/14: I have tested this out on it's own by washing with this two times in a row & as soon as I wiped my face with my Clean Express wipes there is absolutely nothing left on the wipes. I can say goodbye to those little things forever & just use this as it actually does remove all my foundation/concealer. This is great because those 25 pack of wipes runs out so fast & I don't always have the money to buy them even as cheap as they are & this liquid makeup remover lasts me a looooong time as I only use it on days I've worn makeup which is not every day.

TIP FOR ALL: When you wash with this use this once more to ensure that oil & dirt is removed as well, and then follow up with an actual face wash. Makeup removers no matter how much of a cleansing they claim to do will never remove dirt and oil properly, just makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Dessen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan on this cleanser! I have purchased this three times, and will continue to do so. It does exactly what it claims to do-it removes my heavy coverage foundation and eye makeup completely and thoroughly (never irritated my eyes either) without drying my sensitive, oily, acne -prone skin. For this price, I have yet to find a comparable cleanser, and for this reason I will always be a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by jmw2014

Takes off all of my makeup! Works better than any other makeup removers I have tried!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I personally like this cleanser, it's not the best ever but it is definitely not a bad one. It appealed to me more so because I've been seeking beauty products with less harsh ingredients and want something more natural or vegan and I happened to stumble upon this one..it takes all the makeup off and doesn't dry out my skin or leave or greasy. Hasn't broken me out and i've been using it for quite some time now it leaves my skin nice and soft and has a nice apple scent to it. Also, from my personal experience if you use this as a makeup remover for the eyes after a splash of water with your eyes closed (of course) it doesn't sting and takes it all off. So all in all I liked it. However!..if you have sensitive skin i don't believe this would be a good cleanser for you..despite being more on the natural side it does have fragrance like i said earlier and it probably would irritate your skin. I would recommend their ultra gentle cream cleanser instead. But if you have normal or not uber sensitive skin it's worth a try